Sign in to follow this  
Scum Buster!!!

Who thinks If We Get Safri Back And Keep Him Fit We Will Mount A Play Off Challenge?

Well in theory if we get safri back soon which looks likely! unfornatley Egypt couldnt send him home last nite but hopefully he will be back soon. if he stays fit i believe that he will have the spark to make the chances and also he has the ability to tighten up the defence, Yes folks he is that important to our midfield which is quite worryin!

However we also need to sign a striker to put the chances away because as experienced as thorne is hes just not good enough im sorry but thats the harsh lesson of it all. We could also do with another good midfielder to play with safri someone like koumas though im not sure we could get him.

Life afta ashton is gona be hard i feel but Things Can Only Get Better! I Hope

BRING ON THE SCUM, WE BEAT THE SCUM 1-0! I WAS THERE!

What leads you to think that things can only get better?

In answer to your question re Safri - No.  If you look at the teams in the PO places, Palace are a much better side than we are (evidence the game against Reading last week, we don''t play like that), Preston are a much better side than we are (I refer you to a recent game at Carrow Road), Leeds are fifteen points ahead of us, can you really see us putting together the kind of run that would allow us to overtake them?  Watford, don''t particularly rate them but they have had six points of us this year and are thirteen clear of us, it ain''t going to happen.

What with a team consisting of young untried no hopers and over the hill has beens ?

Presumably with an untried Goalie, a defence that crumbles against the weakest teams in the league, a midfield who create nothing and a now, virtually non existent strike force.

I think we need a teeny weeny bit more than Safri, don''t you.

I see all your points but it would be nice to have something to get excited for wouldnt it? maybe im abit opptismistic i just hope next yr is better n if we can get a top 10 finish we can build on that next yr.

Not a chance of reaching the play offs I''m afraid! We have no talent in midfield (except for Safri), we have McVeigh playing well up front but that''s it! Hucks is playing ok but is nowhere near as effective as he was 2 year ago. We''re leaking goals for fun & haven''t got a right back any better than me (& I''m crap at Sunday league standard). We needs to sign a centre back (Davenport), a right back (I miss you Eddy), a centre midfield player (Koumas), a right winger (Mcsheffrey) & a centre forward (Jerome)... Even if all this happened we would still struggle to put the kind of run together that will enable us to grab 6th place!

Safri is certainly by far the best player in an otherwise very weak midfield, but I doubt whether even his influence could lead to a play-off place. There are not enough games left, and one or two of these are difficult, - Reading, Burnley, Leeds, Sheffield United. We would have to win most of these difficult games and our team collectively is just not good enough.All this will be with a "new" striker, even if it''s Thorne. If we sign a new player, then he will need to bed in. It''s too much to ask! I would be delighted, but surprised, if we finish much higher than we are now.

[quote user="pete"]

Why would Egypt send back a Morroccan.

No chance of making play offs.

[/quote]

He meant that if Egypt would''ve won then Morroco would''nt be able to make the next phase.