Rock The Boat

More concessions required

So EU negotiators want more consessions from the UK knowing full well that any watered down deal won't get through Parliament and the Benn surrender Act ties the government's hands. This is total interference in domestic politics from a foreign power. 

Stand up to bully-boys. 

39 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I thought this was about old codgers getting cheap seats...

This is certainly thought provoking. How old before I get a cheap deal on my seat, is it damp proof, am I allocated digestive biscuits and is it obligatory to smell of urine. I have the farah trousers on order and I am preparing myself to leave before the end of the game. Is there anything else I need to know?

Edited by dj11

Top tip for RTB. Stop snitching to the mods and we may have been able to talk about this stuff. 

Stop reading the Telegraph. It's lying to you and trying to push the blame back on the EU.. 

This thread will be gone soon. 10... 9....8...

6 hours ago, dj11 said:

This is certainly thought provoking. How old before I get a cheap deal on my seat, is it damp proof, am I allocated digestive biscuits and is it obligatory to smell of urine. I have the farah trousers on order and I am preparing myself to leave before the end of the game. Is there anything else I need to know?

Not sure what the age barrier is, but have you been working on being miserable ? apparently I have mastered this one according to my family as they continually refer to me a 'miserable old git'!! I try and time my leaving so that I get near to the bottom of the stairs just as the whistle blows. This way I see all the match by the guys in the seats next to me thinks I'm leaving early, so I'm tagged as an early leaver, win win.

What is the definition of an old codger though? I know people in their 70's who have more about them than people in their 30's.  Old codgerism is a state of mind and labelling anyone of a certain age as "old codger" is discrminatory imo! :classic_rolleyes: 

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What is the definition of an old codger though? I know people in their 70's who have more about them than people in their 30's.  Old codgerism is a state of mind and labelling anyone of a certain age as "old codger" is discrminatory imo! :classic_rolleyes: 

If it's a state of mind then maybe we oughta do some sort of psychological assessment before they are entitled to a concessionary ticket? Or is it ok to arbitrarily group the codgers when it works for them, but discrimination when it doesn't?

On a semi-serious, semi-trolling note, how long can football clubs and other attractions continue to justify the 65+ concessionary rate? As the 50s and 60s born Boomers reach the age, you'll have a situation where 65+ is the wealthiest generation, having been given the ladder of opportunity from the generation before them, only to pull it up when they reached the top. Is it justifiable to give the richest folk a discount whilst the poorest have to pay full value, presumably to subsidise said richest folk?

I've not been on here since Thursday...are we now having to resort to guerilla Brexit threads? :classic_ninja:😂

Apples

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, ron obvious said:

Brexit you say? I thought it was something to do with Horrid Old people & tickets.

Whereas Brexit is to do with Horrid Old people and passports.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

If it's a state of mind then maybe we oughta do some sort of psychological assessment before they are entitled to a concessionary ticket? Or is it ok to arbitrarily group the codgers when it works for them, but discrimination when it doesn't?

On a semi-serious, semi-trolling note, how long can football clubs and other attractions continue to justify the 65+ concessionary rate? As the 50s and 60s born Boomers reach the age, you'll have a situation where 65+ is the wealthiest generation, having been given the ladder of opportunity from the generation before them, only to pull it up when they reached the top. Is it justifiable to give the richest folk a discount whilst the poorest have to pay full value, presumably to subsidise said richest folk?

I fit into that band of people, and this thread has made me realise I will be entitled to a concession next year. I am sure I will take up the offer, but maybe I will look at it as a reward for supporting them and attending games for 58 years. 

Nice work Administrators, what was contained in one thread and easily ignored or engaged in is now spread all over the board.

Would you say that deleting the long running  Brexit thread has achieved whatever you though it would?

• Like 7

Yeah, let's have a "Logan's Run"......Remove them hedonistic and horrid old people (and curtail them passports) - thus eliminating the dystopia that infects our current society.....Youth and exuberance is the honest and only way to a Utopia.....(Via Nandos, Call o' Duty, smartphones, Pizza, trendy lager an' beer, man buns, alexa, childhood obesity, tattoos, holidays abroad, recreational drugs, knife crime, benefits, must have it wannit nows, reality TV, shoit music and other stuff.....etc, etc, etc).......

A future beckons....."Lord of the Flies".......   

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Molly Windley said:

Nice work Administrators, what was contained in one thread and easily ignored or engaged in is now spread all over the board.

Would you say that deleting the long running  Brexit thread has achieved whatever you though it would?

Yep, spot on Mollyo, Brexit is the Japanese knotweed of thread topics, better to contain and destroy it than cut it and spread it all over the place.

49 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yep, spot on Mollyo, Brexit is the Japanese knotweed of thread topics, better to contain and destroy it than cut it and spread it all over the place.

This is a poor analogy - to cause Japanese Knotweed to be spread is unlawful, and nobody has done anything unlawful around Brexit...oh hang on a moment... 

• Haha 3

Life used to begin at Forty apparently. Yet now we have 80 year old Cliff going on tour. 

Keep people in stasis until Sixty and then we can avoid drug taking, binge drinking, ****, hip hop music, sorry illegal drug taking as I took my medication at breakfast.

2 hours ago, dj11 said:

I fit into that band of people, and this thread has made me realise I will be entitled to a concession next year. I am sure I will take up the offer, but maybe I will look at it as a reward for supporting them and attending games for 58 years. 

I'm sure you will. Your generation are well practiced at accepting rewards and even better at convincing yourselves you deserve them 😉

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I thought this was about old codgers getting cheap seats...

what about older pop stars ?

Codger-go-go, Paul Nolonger Young, Bet Shop Men, Idle Billy .......

they could get some kind of discount

even Cliff who is now a year off his 80th could sit in with the kids in the family enclose

..................................or perhaps not, on second thoughts

• Haha 1

I'm sure you will. Your generation are well practiced at accepting rewards and even better at convincing yourselves you deserve them 

Bit more respect for your elders young man🧓

24 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm sure you will. Your generation are well practiced at accepting rewards and even better at convincing yourselves you deserve them 😉

If it wasnt for us you would still be standing on railway sleepers in the River End with someone pissing down your leg😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

If it wasnt for us you would still be standing on railway sleepers in the River End with someone pissing down your leg😉

That's not football.....that's water sports........

• Haha 2

If it wasnt for us you would still be standing on railway sleepers in the River End with someone pissing down your leg

So you were the one! I've only just dried out my left trouser leg.

By he way, why are they called pairs of trousers or pants?

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If it wasnt for us you would still be standing on railway sleepers in the River End with someone pissing down your leg

Sorry, I couldn't hold it any longer when Laurie Sheffield scored😂

Sorry, I couldn't hold it any longer when Laurie Sheffield scored

Hat trick against Derby was it? Bonfire Night? Don't know why we got rid of him. 2 goals every three games. He would have got into the Hall of Fame nowadays.

Must admit, I was at the River End once and I sneezed and a pile of snot hit the chap in front. What should I do? If i rub it he will feel it. Waited for us to score and the crowd surge helped me rub against his back and get rid of it.

Wiped my hands on the bloke next to him.

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'm not sure if they are airs any more

I bought some the other day becasue they a 50% off sticker on them

got home and one leg was missing

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Never  had you down as an R Kelly fan Ricardo (o)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Because in the 'old days' trousers were much like leggings or 'chaps", each leg separate from the other,  tubes of cloth or leather that slid up each leg and fixed/ tied around the waist. 

44 minutes ago, ricardo said: