Sign in to follow this  
Paul Aldrich

Fickle Fans

So according to some posters on this forum Norwich fans are fickle because they dare to speak out about things that concern them about what is happening at their club. Norwich fans are no more fickle than any other set of fans, it is human nature to be happy when things go well and to "moan" when things do not go well. To the people that level this accusation I say to you look at our average home attendances, given the fare that is being serverd up at the moment and given our league position I would say NCFC have the best supporters in The Championship and have every right to vent their spleen.

As for all this "your expectations are to high", what a load of old squit - The board have constantly gone on about "prudence with ambition", clubs like Charlton and Bolton have managed to establish themselves in The Premiership so why not Norwich City ?. 

[quote user="Paul Aldrich"]

So according to some posters on this forum Norwich fans are fickle because they dare to speak out about things that concern them about what is happening at their club. Norwich fans are no more fickle than any other set of fans, it is human nature to be happy when things go well and to "moan" when things do not go well. To the people that level this accusation I say to you look at our average home attendances, given the fare that is being serverd up at the moment and given our league position I would say NCFC have the best supporters in The Championship and have every right to vent their spleen.

As for all this "your expectations are to high", what a load of old squit - The board have constantly gone on about "prudence with ambition", clubs like Charlton and Bolton have managed to establish themselves in The Premiership so why not Norwich City ?. 

[/quote]

Paul, thanks for the mention. I think you''ll find that ''prudence with ambition'' is the model that Charlton adopted.

its bound to happen that emotions are running high at the moment - effectively the boards decision to stand by worthy in the autumn set a distance between them and the fans for the first time since possibly the chase era.  it was a courageous action by the board and some would say a gamble, but if the fans discontent grows, their decision could lead to a split between the club and the fans, and that by its nature is bad for NCFC.  Its clear city are in a period of transition and change, and of course people have every right as supporters and ticket holders to have their say on the future direction of the club.In the current climate read ''fickle'' for ''opinionated'' because many fans are simply expressing how they feel about the current state of NCFC - its just that some with different views don''t like it.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]its bound to happen that emotions are running high at the moment - effectively the boards decision to stand by worthy in the autumn set a distance between them and the fans for the first time since possibly the chase era.  it was a courageous action by the board and some would say a gamble, but if the fans discontent grows, their decision could lead to a split between the club and the fans, and that by its nature is bad for NCFC.  Its clear city are in a period of transition and change, and of course people have every right as supporters and ticket holders to have their say on the future direction of the club.

In the current climate read ''fickle'' for ''opinionated'' because many fans are simply expressing how they feel about the current state of NCFC - its just that some with different views don''t like it.

[/quote]

This is a fair post LGT and may be spot on the button. My only concern is that some of the posts are now getting personal, either towards Worthy or other posters. I feel this is totally unnecessary.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]its bound to happen that emotions are running high at the moment - effectively the boards decision to stand by worthy in the autumn set a distance between them and the fans for the first time since possibly the chase era.  it was a courageous action by the board and some would say a gamble, but if the fans discontent grows, their decision could lead to a split between the club and the fans, and that by its nature is bad for NCFC.  Its clear city are in a period of transition and change, and of course people have every right as supporters and ticket holders to have their say on the future direction of the club.

In the current climate read ''fickle'' for ''opinionated'' because many fans are simply expressing how they feel about the current state of NCFC - its just that some with different views don''t like it.

[/quote]

LGT - agree with you.  It''s just a shame that as you say emotions running high over a disappointing season, the loss of action and precious little football that some of us are angry.  Okay I am angrier than most, but even I cannot allow myself to get personal with other posters.  If they were to meet me in person though they might regret it (ask Meeky). 

This season is dead as far as I''m concerned.  I have seen precious little intelligent attacking football, or indeed intelligent defending.  Coupled with the lack of commitment from a team whose manager builds his whole philosophy on that ideal.  Umm, what else, some pretty horrendous quotes from management concerning fans.  It''s not good and I can''t see anything other than a nice long hot summer repairing the mistrust and hurt we are all experiencing.  Oh and a new manager installed, but that''s only my opinion.