Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Webbers Interview

Great to read through, in particular:

"

It will test our players, it will test our staff, and it will test our supporters. It’s easy talking about culture, environment, having a great club to be at, we believe in the plan, let’s do it our way, it’s the Norwich way – that’s really easy when you’ve just won the league, really easy. Everyone believes it.

It’s now, in these periods – and I think I said this at the end of last season – this will all be tested. It’s now going to be tested and we’ll find out more about people’s characters during this period. We’re lucky that we’ve got people here who will support our players through that because this is a growth period for young players."

For me, some supporters wont pass the test. They never do when things get difficult. But this time I do believe the majority will.

• Like 9

In fairness that other thread has about 7 replies and including the original post not a single line about Webbers Interview.

Agree that it's easy to support the team when all is well and the only things we're worried about is who's gonna nick Farke/Webber/various players off us. It's when times get tough that your supports going to be tested and in football it doesn't matter who you support. It will happen

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Great to read through, in particular:

"

It will test our players, it will test our staff, and it will test our supporters. It’s easy talking about culture, environment, having a great club to be at, we believe in the plan, let’s do it our way, it’s the Norwich way – that’s really easy when you’ve just won the league, really easy. Everyone believes it.

It’s now, in these periods – and I think I said this at the end of last season – this will all be tested. It’s now going to be tested and we’ll find out more about people’s characters during this period. We’re lucky that we’ve got people here who will support our players through that because this is a growth period for young players."

For me, some supporters wont pass the test. They never do when things get difficult. But this time I do believe the majority will.

There were a few around me falling by the wayside at the Villa game, and a whole crop of early leavers. But I recon and hope that our core support wil KTF and back the players and the manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

The amount of time some of you spend checking up on other fans it's a miracle you ever watch any football...

If you are aiming that in my direction kc i read hogesar post and thought to myself i have read that somewhere else on another thread earlier in the day so posted the link to point it out. As for checking up on other fans a touch of irony on your behalf don't you think especially as you have not commented on the subject matter ?

Probably nothing new there from what we've heard from Stuart before tbh.

The veiled criticism of the fans support at the Villa game is an interesting one and probably justified. I thought the players were a bit "flat" too. They need to be up for every game, not just for the "free hits". The fans and players choked at the Villa game in my view. Obviously Bournemouth away to contend with first, but Man Utd should be much better. 

Onwards and er upwards.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

If you are aiming that in my direction kc i read hogesar post and thought to myself i have read that somewhere else on another thread earlier in the day so posted the link to point it out. As for checking up on other fans a touch of irony on your behalf don't you think especially as you have not commented on the subject matter ?

I wasn't, and I'm not sure how you assumed it was.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Apologies then kc.

4 hours ago, king canary said:

No evidence  needed when implying, suggesting or sniping  for that matter. 

42 minutes ago, Bury Yellow said:

Oh I see where I've been going wrong. Its the supporters that were responsible for the AV defeat.

Someone cant read...

• Like 2

Some people still don't get it that along with supporters being the twelfth man, they can also be the opposite and have a negative effect on the team.  Most supporters are great and I am sure Webber is right that the majority will keep singing from the same hymn sheet, but we see on here how quick some people are to turn.  Supporters can have a positive effect or a negative effect at a match - it is up to each individual to choose how they will be.

We are in an incredible period at the club - still getting to grips with the PL and having to do that in a difficult injury situation - but with a club set up that is as good as at any time in our history......just look at the quality around the place, not just in the first team but in the U23's and academy.  This is the best time to be a Norwich supporter - if a few people are losing the plot because of two away defeats and a home loss that was made all the worse because of the injury situation, then they have very short memories. It is less than four weeks since one of the most memorable occasions ever at CR.  

We need gumption, not snowflakery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

If the helmet  fits........ 

10 hours ago, Bury Yellow said:

Oh I see where I've been going wrong. Its the supporters that were responsible for the AV defeat.

He’s not blaming the supporters. 

He’s just telling it straight with no nonsense, and some people can’t take it. But I love that myself, real honesty, nothing sugarcoated etc 👍🏼

In short, he’s actually giving massive credit to the supporters, acknowledging how important we are to the teams success, and the difference we can make. I know people love to get offended though, probably the same people who need to grow some instant b******s the split second we face a bit of adversity 😉

• Like 2

Echo the above. He's highlighting the importance of the support and how the fans can directly influence what happens on the pitch.

It's refreshing to hear and we should recognise the importance of a great atmosphere and the fact that the club hierarchy want that connection.

Far better than being seen as punters to fleece.. 

47 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

He’s not blaming the supporters. 

He’s just telling it straight with no nonsense, and some people can’t take it. But I love that myself, real honesty, nothing sugarcoated etc 👍🏼

In short, he’s actually giving massive credit to the supporters, acknowledging how important we are to the teams success, and the difference we can make. I know people love to get offended though, probably the same people who need to grow some instant b******s the split second we face a bit of adversity 😉

I also don't have a problem with what Webber is saying.

I'm just a touch tired of it giving the usual suspects the chance to roll out their 'I'm a better supporter than you' smugness. 

• Like 1

The Canary Support turned up in their droves.....unfortunately and to our onlooking embarrassment the team didn't turn up or turn it on.....which affected I suppose, our lack of vocal supporting support......We go again so roll on Saturday......and for some "ripe 'uns" that sit around me at the games.....Roll on deodorant.....

I just take what SW says with a pinch of salt......I (God Willing) will still be at Carra in 3 years......wonder if SW will be?.....

It's hard to argue that the atmosphere was flat at the start of the game, which surprised me as I had it marked as a relegation 6 pointer that would have a great atmosphere.

However it actually picked up quite a bit after the saved penalty, and I honestly thought we would get at least a point at that crucial turning point. It was then obviously incredibly disappointing to see the team capitulate.

From 3-0 on, it is always going to be difficult to get the atmosphere going when you are getting hammered in an important game by a rival. In reality it probably could have been worse than 5-1.

4 hours ago, king canary said:

I also don't have a problem with what Webber is saying.

I'm just a touch tired of it giving the usual suspects the chance to roll out their 'I'm a better supporter than you' smugness. 

Don't think anyone has claimed to be a 'better supporter' than anyone else on this thread

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Don't think anyone has claimed to be a 'better supporter' than anyone else on this thread

Maybe not on this thread Hoggo, but the implication has been made on other threads that some are are somehow  superior to others. Along with other snidey ' I know , but I'm not saying '  types.They know who they are and dont like being reminded how ridiculous  they seem. Hence the disappearing  threads , which as far as I could see were only causing offence  to those being made fun off. Fun being the operative word. For some, fun means being a smug , "I'm alright jack, dont tickle me or I'll tell teacher " self regarding eeejit. 

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Agreed C, I was also surprised at that claim, I don’t think anyone’s in a competition here or has even remotely suggested that - personally I like to think of all Norwich supporters as a family, albeit a slightly dysfunctional one, it’s just disappointing when a tiny minority start whinging immediately during a ridiculously insane injury crisis. I don’t recall many, if any, who were unhappy at the time with our transfer dealings and squad strengthening come the end of the summer window, and there was absolutely no way of forecasting such ridiculously bad luck on the injury front.

Good news is it sounds like we’re on the verge of significant exits from the treatment room at last, so I hope everyone keeps their nerve because unity has unquestionably been key to our success. Not my words - Farke’s, Webber’s, and the players - and that’s a compliment to supporters, not a criticism 👍🏼

19 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

There Is clearly an Emperors new clothes point to Webber.

I am one of the few to see he is metaphorically boll0ck naked 

Says more about you than about SW, but whatever turns you on, i suppose.