Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Webber talks sence

sence and senceability by Jane Auctin (mine)

a novel following the lives of three sisters... Miss Spellin. Miss Informed, Miss Judged and their Wiltshire cousin Miss Inlink.

Their tranquil lives are disturbed one day by the appearnce of a distant relative, Johnny. Or 'foreign' Johnny as he becomes known. A family man with numerous offspring whose language is accepted by the sisters but not by their Wiltshire cousin who rails against him and his family even being in the same county.

Further unrest follows as the Wiltshire cousin seeks to have the tenancy rules of the estate changed so Mr Grant (Johnny) and his wife Immi can be thrown off the estate.  This leads to Mr Grant being accused of theft (stealing jobs) and partaking of heathen practices... namely eating food that has taste to it.

After a long and protracted campaign of hate by the Wiltshire cousin, along with other local ne'er do wells the unrest has grown. However the passing of mandatory 1Q tests by a newly elected (more) Liberal government sees the cousin and many others deemed not fit for decent society and so they end their days in Marshalsea Prison, and Mr Grant's extended and hardworking family join him to not only fill the gaps left by those deemed intellectually dimished, but to increase the vibrancy and colour of society.

Edited by Bill
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's my predictive text, it never seems to get the word I'm after, instead it gives me sence, probably due to spelling sense wrong .  

would that it could

but even the most advanced of technologies has it limitations 😏

On 12/10/2019 at 15:26, Bill said:
On 12/10/2019 at 15:26, Bill said:

would that it could

but even the most advanced of technologies has it limitations 😏

Try SwiftKey. It's free and everyone thinks I can spell

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Try SwiftKey. It's free and everyone thinks I can spell

Is that near Morestone ?

On 12/10/2019 at 15:08, SwindonCanary said:

It's my predictive text, it never seems to get the word I'm after, instead it gives me sence, probably due to spelling sense wrong .  

jesus wept.