Edited by TIL 1010

16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:
Thanks for taking part in this quiz You scored 20/20

how many goes did that take 😏

Edited by Bill

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:
Thanks for taking part in this quiz You scored 20/20

Well done 👍

17/20, the trick for me was to try to recognise the terrace or stand on one long side or behind the goals from TV coverage ‘back in the day’. I still managed to get the corrugated roof at Newcastle wrong (Watford had one similar..., grrr!). The Kippax at Maine Road was one impressive stand though, I can remember my time at Manchester Business School and staying on the upper floors of the residential block- you could see that stand in the distance, towering over the surrounding housing.

23 minutes ago, Bill said:
13 hours ago, K Lo said:

4/20

a very honest post

So people who put down that they have got a low score are honest and anyone who claims to have got a high score is dishonest.....

I see.

I got 12/20, so I guess that makes me roughly half honest and half dishonest......

Edited by lake district canary

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So people who put down that they have got a low score are honest and anyone who claims to have got a high score is dishonest.....

I see.

I got 12/20, so I guess that makes me roughly half honest and half dishonest......

or half wit, judging by your post 😋

the 'honest' post in reply to K LO was nothing more than a light hearted joke at the thought that anyone would think it was worth while 'cheating' - and the quiz was merely something I thought might be of interest while we sit out this fortnight's break, that's all

so try not to see malice in things that aren't there 🤝 (handshake)

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Where did he say that Lakey?

13 minutes ago, lappinitup said:
27 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Where did he say that Lakey?

By implication. If he is saying someone putting a low score down of 4/20 is being "very honest", then the implication is that people who do the opposite down and put a high score are not being honest.........after all he'd already had a dig at Tilly for putting down 20/20...... 😁

Very difficult to make accusations based on what somebody didn't say.

Bit like saying remain won the referendum because those who didn't vote were happy with the status quo. Maybe a reasonable thought but very difficult to sustain.

27 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

By implication. If he is saying someone putting a low score down of 4/20 is being "very honest", then the implication is that people who do the opposite down and put a high score are not being honest.........after all he'd already had a dig at Tilly for putting down 20/20...... 😁

Lakey, it was intended as nothing more than light hearted banter between those I trust to recognise that

And for the record the 'complaints' against me are all too often that I don't imply things - I state quite bluntly...

as I am of the opinion that idiots are best not being patronised and told they are an idiot instead.....................saves time 😊

Now why not see the aim behind the thread ie taking time to make a positive contribution to the forum, as with Bill TV thn thinking I was trying to accuse people of 'cheating' a ruddy quiz... so lets have a group hug, join hands and sing COME BY YA MY LORD (?)

22 hours ago, Bill said:

how many goes did that take 😏

Just the one attempt City1st but it helped that i had been to them all.

a very honest post.

15 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

14/20 but at least 3 were pretty lucky guesses so should have scored 11/20.

a very honest post 🤣

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Multiple choice means that eventually a monkey will go to Oxford.

Is that the monkey that Danny Baker posted a picture of, my they grow up fast these days.