Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Would you sack worthy immediatly?

YES! Not just because of this season but also following what was for the most part a tactically incompetent attempt at the Premiership too, we have been on the slide ever since Worthless achieved everything he set out to in gainig promotion, he has run out of motivation, inspiration and needs to leave!

Paul that, even for you was an inaccurate statement regarding it being obvious that Worthy instucted his players to play the long ball.  Nearly every time we listen to "W"''s comments it is his adamant condemnation of the players failing to pass the ball as well as they could do.

The players are to blame period, for their lack of ability to play as a team, an inability to retain a shape, and boss effectively the mid field.  In their media interviews they repeatedly bemoan that they did not play as well as they can, and repeatedly make the same comment that they must do better in the future.  They are powder puff lot who are only any good if the opposing side give them enough time to settle into their accustomed relaxed style, must be something to do with the way they train.  Put them under any form of quick pressure and they collapse into their six yard box, and not many of them can make the first challenge effectively, with the rest taking up man for man marking when under the cosh as is expected.

I am sure that they are all tactically aware, as should all footballers be, the checks and balances used in the game, are there to be deployed in a milli second, by skilled players, as they are supposed to be, who are also supposed to be awake enough to read the game at, the unfortunate word, SPEED!!!

Paul may I say, IMHO it''s the players who need to put in force the skills that they claimed to have when applying for the job, they are supposed, and have claimed they are able to do.  Worthy we are told, has one of the top coaching badges in the FA, do you not think that theoretical tactics within the game of football will be high on his agenda when he is with the players on the Colney training ground, when undoubtedly they should be practiced diligently and regularly, ready to put into operation on the day of the match.  I watch the games and look with disgust at what we as paying supporters are supposed to put up with in the name of football,and we are paying for this!! IMO Worthy has to try to do his job with his hands tied behind his back, the squad is too small to allow him the options necessary to bring about a change in the complacent attitude of the players. 

[quote user="beelsie"]

Paul that, even for you was an inaccurate statement regarding it being obvious that Worthy instucted his players to play the long ball.  Nearly every time we listen to "W"''s comments it is his adamant condemnation of the players failing to pass the ball as well as they could do.

The players are to blame period, for their lack of ability to play as a team, an inability to retain a shape, and boss effectively the mid field.  In their media interviews they repeatedly bemoan that they did not play as well as they can, and repeatedly make the same comment that they must do better in the future.  They are powder puff lot who are only any good if the opposing side give them enough time to settle into their accustomed relaxed style, must be something to do with the way they train.  Put them under any form of quick pressure and they collapse into their six yard box, and not many of them can make the first challenge effectively, with the rest taking up man for man marking when under the cosh as is expected.

I am sure that they are all tactically aware, as should all footballers be, the checks and balances used in the game, are there to be deployed in a milli second, by skilled players, as they are supposed to be, who are also supposed to be awake enough to read the game at, the unfortunate word, SPEED!!!

Paul may I say, IMHO it''s the players who need to put in force the skills that they claimed to have when applying for the job, they are supposed, and have claimed they are able to do.  Worthy we are told, has one of the top coaching badges in the FA, do you not think that theoretical tactics within the game of football will be high on his agenda when he is with the players on the Colney training ground, when undoubtedly they should be practiced diligently and regularly, ready to put into operation on the day of the match.  I watch the games and look with disgust at what we as paying supporters are supposed to put up with in the name of football,and we are paying for this!! IMO Worthy has to try to do his job with his hands tied behind his back, the squad is too small to allow him the options necessary to bring about a change in the complacent attitude of the players. 

[/quote]

HE SIGNED THESE BLOODY NUMPTEYS ITS HIS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!! also every manager has this supposed badge. 

IF HE CANT GET THEM TO PASS THE BALL MAYBE WE NEED TO HIRE SOMEONE WHO CAN!!

AS FOR TACTICS - GET THE BALL TO HUCKERBY AND HOPE HE SCORES IS OUR ONLY TACTIC APART FROM HOOF IT TO THE TALL BLOKE UP FRONT

He has been INEPT for two seasons now - he preffered Holt to Safri!!  he sees these players every day!!!!  he is an idiot

As we are talking about him being inept in his choices it is only pure luck and NOT judgement that McVeigh is even still here, if worthless had had his way McVeigh would be long gone, taking his goals scored this year with him, imagine where we would be if that had happened, I only hope that when they sent out the renewal forms for season tickets Worthys gets lost :)

[quote user="beelsie"]

[/quote]

beelsie, did you see worthy balling at the players to keep it on the deck, as many managers do?? do you see him furious when the players arent obeying his instructions, as Sam Allardyce does?? nor do I. 

The only time i see him unhappy is if Hucks or McVeigh tries something and it doesnt come off... 

His hands tied!!! - I heard the quote

"Andy Hughes is a player I have admired for a long time, Linvoy Primus is a player I have admired for a long time.... etc etc etc" - and there went £500,000 and almost but not quite £1.2 million respectively - big money for little norwich on pro''s of worthys choice!!

Paul, according to you and many other wise pundits of these boards NCFC has signed players some good some not so good, but has a team with great expectations, and other managers say are better than many of the other championship sides, and they are surprised at the lack of form. 

I don''t think it is Worthy kicking the ball out there, and completely missing the mid field out, it''s the team who according to the afformentioned have so much potential, and are not producing the goods. 

I''m also sure that Worthy would not encourage the team to play in as predictable a manner as you describe regards Huckerby.  These Numpteys as you describe them are not producing the goods because they won''t put their backs into it.  I certainly would not expect in other sports that contestants and supporters would blame a manager for their poor performances. Cassius Clay, Stephen Hendry, Henry Cooper, Jimmy White, or Jose Mourino of Chelsea to name but a few.  It''s the boys out there on the shop floor who must take responsibility for their own inept displays. With Worthy allowed to sign additions to his squad, ( at least four )that would enable him to weild a bit more authority.  Too many of our players are in the comfort zone and will never perform until their places are threatened.  I would not call Worthy an idiot either, for I would imagine that his comfort zone is well secured and his position has as good a guarantee that can be given to an employee in one of the small clubs in football today.  The two seasons remark is on the mark, defensively we have been an inept footballing force for along time, and as a team we have not cut the mustard consistantly.

[quote user="beelsie"]

Paul, according to you and many other wise pundits of these boards NCFC has signed players some good some not so good, but has a team with great expectations, and other managers say are better than many of the other championship sides, and they are surprised at the lack of form. 

I don''t think it is Worthy kicking the ball out there, and completely missing the mid field out, it''s the team who according to the afformentioned have so much potential, and are not producing the goods. 

I''m also sure that Worthy would not encourage the team to play in as predictable a manner as you describe regards Huckerby.  These Numpteys as you describe them are not producing the goods because they won''t put their backs into it.  I certainly would not expect in other sports that contestants and supporters would blame a manager for their poor performances. Cassius Clay, Stephen Hendry, Henry Cooper, Jimmy White, or Jose Mourino of Chelsea to name but a few.  It''s the boys out there on the shop floor who must take responsibility for their own inept displays. With Worthy allowed to sign additions to his squad, ( at least four )that would enable him to weild a bit more authority.  Too many of our players are in the comfort zone and will never perform until their places are threatened.  I would not call Worthy an idiot either, for I would imagine that his comfort zone is well secured and his position has as good a guarantee that can be given to an employee in one of the small clubs in football today.  The two seasons remark is on the mark, defensively we have been an inept footballing force for along time, and as a team we have not cut the mustard consistantly.

[/quote]

"I don''t think it is Worthy kicking the ball out there, and completely missing the mid field out, it''s the team who according to the afformentioned have so much potential, and are not producing the goods. "

ok why isnt Rob Green bowling the ball out to start an attack - he did it once all match on saturday, hoofed every other time??

If the players were expecting it they would be turned around waiting to receive the ball?/ BUT THEY ARENT!!!  AND IF THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WORTHY SHOULD BE TELLING THEM SO!

[quote user="Meeky"]

[quote user="westoncanary."]No. A new guy could come in & try to change too much too soon, and we go into freefall, we won''t be relegated this season with him so why risk it? [/quote]

Are you sure.

Normally teams need about 50 points to stay up in this league. We currently have 39 points with 16 games to go, it could be tight.

Still we might get lucky a few times, if Hucks can bounce a few more in off old Mr Thornes head!

[/quote]  Sorry Meeky but relegation is never going to happen in fact once he has strenghend  i believe we will be back on course for the play offs. I know a lot of work is needed but there is more likelhood of that happening than relegation

[quote user="allways travelling"][quote user="Meeky"]

[quote user="westoncanary."]No. A new guy could come in & try to change too much too soon, and we go into freefall, we won''t be relegated this season with him so why risk it? [/quote]

Are you sure.

Normally teams need about 50 points to stay up in this league. We currently have 39 points with 16 games to go, it could be tight.

Still we might get lucky a few times, if Hucks can bounce a few more in off old Mr Thornes head!

[/quote]  Sorry Meeky but relegation is never going to happen in fact once he has strenghend  i believe we will be back on course for the play offs. I know a lot of work is needed but there is more likelhood of that happening than relegation[/quote]

Always, long time no post, haven''t seen you on here for ages!

If you seriously think we can still make the playoffs, can you come round here right now and give me whatever it is you are on?  Please?

[quote user="allways travelling"][quote user="Meeky"]

Are you sure.

[/quote]  Sorry Meeky but relegation is never going to happen in fact once he has strenghend  i believe we will be back on course for the play offs. I know a lot of work is needed but there is more likelhood of that happening than relegation[/quote]

32 points from 16 games, more likely 36 points from 16 games!!  we have a hell of a long way to catch up, even if we somehow won 5 on the trot again we stilll wouldnt be there..  It isnt hopeless but one or 2 more defeats and that is it completely

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="allways travelling"][quote user="Meeky"]

Are you sure.

Always, long time no post, haven''t seen you on here for ages!

If you seriously think we can still make the playoffs, can you come round here right now and give me whatever it is you are on?  Please?

[/quote] Gazza xmas celebrations and new year and all that takes time to get over.Not to mention the terrific run over the xmas period.Feeling a tad peed of with latest form all this ashton saga has not helped glad his gone.Lets get jerome earnshaw mcsheffrey halford etc.If we get a coupleof these in or maybe three then the play offs are still within reach and safri should be back for scum game.Things could start to turn again for the better with some new players in.Ashton i felt was very disloyal good riddance to him he was never worth that kind of money.Still westham have never been very good at judgments thats why they found themselves in all sorts of trouble a couple of years ago.