Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Would you sack worthy immediatly?

Yes. I don''t want Worthy''s grubby mitts going anywhere near this windfall. Sadly he probably will be given the opportunity to spend it though, as the board in their infinite wisdom still seem to be backing the incompetent oaf. As somebody else pointed out, having transfer funds available, as we have now, could be a great incentive to lure a good manager to Carrow Road. It doesn''t look likely to happen unfortunately.

No, i would have done it 3 months ago when it was clear that something was badly wrong on the playing side, then we might still be chasing a play off position instead of dreaming.

If i were the board, i would ask nigel to namje his targets and if they are muppets Sack Him and if they are good give him a chance.

He has to go now or it needs to be left untill the summer.

IT IS NOT WORTHINGTON''S FAULT THAT WE ARE WHERE WE ARE. Get some perspective, think where we are now compared to before, trust a guy who has achieved great things and realise the REALITY of supporting Norwich City. Under Worthy we are long term builders chopping and changing will bring nothing but decline in the time needed for rebuilding and new ideas etc.

Worthington deserves and has earned more respect than you care to offer.

[quote user="westoncanary."]No. A new guy could come in & try to change too much too soon, and we go into freefall, we won''t be relegated this season with him so why risk it? [/quote]

Are you sure.

Normally teams need about 50 points to stay up in this league. We currently have 39 points with 16 games to go, it could be tight.

Still we might get lucky a few times, if Hucks can bounce a few more in off old Mr Thornes head!

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

IT IS NOT WORTHINGTON''S FAULT THAT WE ARE WHERE WE ARE. Get some perspective, think where we are now compared to before, trust a guy who has achieved great things and realise the REALITY of supporting Norwich City. Under Worthy we are long term builders chopping and changing will bring nothing but decline in the time needed for rebuilding and new ideas etc.

Worthington deserves and has earned more respect than you care to offer.

[/quote]

we are 11th, under hamilton we were 9th and hamilton followed by worthy we finished 11th.  We are not moving forward.

"new ideas" - worthy has proven that he does not learn from his mistakes, he signed defensive players in the summer it didnt work so he signed MORE defensive players on loan.  What chance more defensive players arrive this week.

the only reason crowds have not turned on worthy so far is because of the respect for what he has done for the club, work that he is undoing every day that he stays in charge. Not one position in the side is better than it was pre promotion.  We have 6 central midfielders unyet many many posters are still calling for a new central midfielder!!

[quote user="westoncanary."]I was thinking along the lines of Sheff Wednesday & Notts Forrest''s freefall.  I don''t think we will go down that route. [/quote]

well we dont have the financial problems they had, so it would take severe mismanagement for that to happen

Every time I visit this board all I see is a relentless stream of negative diatribe aimed at ''worthless''. As a season ticket holder who lives outside the county I get to look at the situation with more pragmatic eyes. If you look through the annuls of history, say last 20 years, you will see that managers generally given time to work and build squads are far more likely to succeed than at clubs who continually change.

Yes, he was in charge when we were relegated, Yes he has made some questionable signings and Yes sometimes his decisions can be open to criticism. But he was also the guy that took this club by its balls and got it promoted after also visiting Cardiff en-route. He was also responsible for bringing in Huckerby, Crouch, Drury, Francis, Svennson, Safri, (who started badly), Doherty (who started very badly) and that other poor signing Ashton! (Can you blame him for Jonsson and Helveg whose international pedigree was there for everyone to see?)

When a team gets relegated there will be inevitable change, its the nature of the game, this means rebuilding and takes time to bed in. In essence we have a ''new'' squad and patience is needed. We dont need judgmental fickle fans that crow on with constant, myopic, negativity.  

I have always and will always support NCFC and i am sure there will be a time when Worthy has to go, but i honestly feel its not now and constant "Do you think he should be sacked'' type postings are just not constructive.

You are entitled to your opinion, I respect that, but my point is this. Youve made it, move on.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and patience is a virtue.

[quote user="Jason Larke"]

Every time I visit this board all I see is a relentless stream of negative diatribe aimed at ''worthless''. As a season ticket holder who lives outside the county I get to look at the situation with more pragmatic eyes. If you look through the annuls of history, say last 20 years, you will see that managers generally given time to work and build squads are far more likely to succeed than at clubs who continually change.

[/quote]I don''t know about looking through the annuls of history, but you sound like you''re talking through yours!Nothing is set in stone, no one knows how the season will end - we might end up promoted and worthy becomes a hero again.  However, its clear this season has witnessed a shift against worthy by many fans.  No one would have believed it this time 2 years ago, but that''s how it is and people need to deal with it.  my view is the board is lagging behind fan opinion on worthy and only the future will tell who was right.  until then, quite legitimately people are free to express their views on the subject.

I''d remove Worthy by the end of Feb and give a new face the remaining games to suss out the squad. I think the risk is minimal- we would need an extraordinarily bad run to go down and I do think that a new face will actually improve things unless Delia brings in a total muppet. Her contacts and the way that this club is run will be a very attractive proposition for many managers. If no-one on the external market is deemed suitable (which I doubt) then give Dave Williams the job on a caretaker basis until the summer and look again.

LOL

Most of the great signings you quoted could not get away from the club fast enough at the first oppotunity.

Its only a matter of time before Safri wants away.

What does that say about the management when we have so many good players yet play so poorly.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]I don''t know about looking through the annuls of history, but you sound like you''re talking through yours![/quote]See that sort of nonsense makes whatever else you''ve got to say null and void as far as I''m concerned.The poster you replied to in such a pathetic manner posted a clear and well explained opinion without insulting anyone and thats your response? You and your type are exactly whats wrong with this forum these days.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

LOL

Most of the great signings you quoted could not get away from the club fast enough at the first oppotunity.

What does that say about the management when we have so many good players yet play so poorly.

[/quote]

Certainly says plenty about the players !   in my book   , when you get employed  by a club  , you should bleeding well EARN  the fantastic wage  that only  us " lesser mortals " can dream about  !!     .....

My main criticism of Nigel  is that he`s too much of a gentleman  , he should have tore into  the dressing  room after the Watford match , and  kicked ass , as you yanks say !   

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="USAcanary"]

LOL

[/quote]

Certainly says plenty about the players !   in my book   , when you get employed  by a club  , you should bleeding well EARN  the fantastic wage  that only  us " lesser mortals " can dream about  !!     .....

My main criticism of Nigel  is that he`s too much of a gentleman  , he should have tore into  the dressing  room after the Watford match , and  kicked ass , as you yanks say !   

[/quote]

Agree, looks like the players have all the power.

BTW I was born within spitting distance of "carra rud"

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="USAcanary"]

LOL

[/quote]

[/quote] kick ass for what shed!! playing the long ball which he obviously told them to do considering they didnt put a single passing mive together... Worthy can go now thanks.. Cheers for the memories worthy but we need a more able, tactically aware manager to now take us forward. Worthys biggest failing is that he does not learn from his mistakes

[quote user="USAcanary"]

LOL

[/quote] Maybe (just maybe) they also wanted away because of the constant moaning,sla*ing off and rumours about private lives the players and management get on this and other fourums from "supporters" of this club. Yes i know we all care about Norwich City but some of the stuff on here is enough to make me cringe!

[quote user="city r us"][quote user="USAcanary"]

LOL

[/quote] Maybe (just maybe) they also wanted away because of the constant moaning,sla*ing off and rumours about private lives the players and management get on this and other fourums from "supporters" of this club. Yes i know we all care about Norwich City but some of the stuff on here is enough to make me cringe![/quote]

Having read other teams forums we are a far cry from them. Hell, Sheff utd fans even this season are whinging about Warnock!! he is interested in signing akinbiyi however!!!  lol

I cant imagine they pay too much attention to a few fans whining, considering the pay packets they take home.  As for deano he was probably more concerned than us at the ability level of players brought to the club.