Sign in to follow this  
Year of the tiger

And another one

Hopefully precautionary. I’d be happy if all of our players pulled out of the national squads for this international break.

The Scotland manager said,

"It's always disappointing to lose a player so late in the week. When Kenny reported, he had a little niggle. It's not correct for me to say what it is, that's for his club to work out.

"We were all pretty confident that Kenny would make it but the last 24 hours it didn't get any better, it actually got a little bit worse. So we made the decision to allow Kenny to go back to Norwich."

Hopefully the 'mystery' will be cleared up in time for our next fixture.

To be honest I’ll get the tin hat on, but this is one injury we wouldn’t miss too much, we need Tettey or Amadou in there alongside Vrancic when fit or Leitner.

I’d rather no injuries but at least not a big impact miss.

What's up with Vrancic, by the way? I know he's been out but it seems like a long time now and, unless I've missed it, no news of a long-term injury?

Cantwell out of the U21s too now... I hope this is our management team seeing sense and basically pulling everyone out of internationals wherever we can get away with it. Given the situation we're in, we just can't afford any risks and club has to come before country IMHO.

• Like 1