Sign in to follow this  
Rustyboy

Brighton Tickets

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Don’t turn it personal Nutty ! We just have different ideas about success . 

I shall continue to make my points. "Even my view" is as relavent as yours.

I think we have the same ideas about success. Just different ideas about failure.

Perhaps you'd care to comment about the 16 clubs who have been relegated since 2010 who are now outside the premier league.

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

To save time could you just list them please ?

I could if you are going to seriously debate the merits of those clubs compared to ours. 

7 hours ago, ZLF said:

Looking forward to this one - my first visit.

Any away pub recommendations?

The ground is way out of town ZLF with no pubs nearby whatsoever. You have to travel by train from the centre so pick any number of pubs in Brighton itself. Your match ticket includes the train journey to and from Brighton railway station. The natives are very friendly.

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’ll give it my best shot . 

Blackpool

Birmingham

Bolton

Blackburn

Wigan

Reading

QPR

Fulham

Cardiff

Hull

Middlesbrough

Sunderland

Swansea

Stoke

WBA

Huddersfield

Add to that five clubs with investor owners who believe they should be PL clubs but haven't had a sniff....

Forest

Derby

Leeds

Sheff Wed

ipswich

During that period we have had five seasons in the PL including three consecutive.

There was me thinking this thread was about Brighton tickets but by the looks of things it will still be sitting at the top of the page when we play Watford next week.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There was me thinking this thread was about Brighton tickets but by the looks of things it will still be sitting at the top of the page when we play Watford next week.

Board monitor as well as bus monitor...

I’m going to need thinking time on this. Could you also list the promoted teams who remain in the Premiere league or have returned for some balance ? 

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Board monitor as well as bored monitor...

There i have fixed it for you Nutty.

I’m going to need thinking time on this. Could you also list the promoted teams who remain in the Premiere league or have returned for some balance ? 

Returned wouldn't give balance would it? Because you see that as failure.

Now to be fair there are seven clubs who have stayed longer than our three consecutive seasons. Those are..

Southampton 8

West Ham 8

Palace 7

Leicester 6

Bournemouth 5

Watford 5

Burnley 4

Edited by nutty nigel

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Returned wouldn't give balance would it? Because you see that as failure.

It would depend if the said clubs usually hung about in the top league for more than one season. As regards your main question I’ll answer it later on after my gruelling shift at work . 

It would depend if the said clubs usually hung about in the top league for more than one season. As regards your main question I’ll answer it later on after my gruelling shift at work . 

So, QPR, Fulham, Cardiff and Middlesbrough returned for just one season. Hull returned twice for two and then one season.

5 minutes ago, Diane said:

Are you going to Brighton Tilly ?

At the risk of getting this thread somewhere near back on topic the answer is yes Diane.

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

At the risk of getting this thread somewhere near back on topic the answer is yes Diane.

By train?

5 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Blackpool

Birmingham

Bolton

Blackburn

Wigan

Reading

QPR

Fulham

Cardiff

Hull

Middlesbrough

Sunderland

Swansea

Stoke

WBA

Huddersfield

Add to that five clubs with investor owners who believe they should be PL clubs but haven't had a sniff....

Forest

Derby

Leeds

Sheff Wed

ipswich

During that period we have had five seasons in the PL including three consecutive.

The list of 16 other than Sunderland are not big hitters . Middlesbrough as well as West Brom  are maybe on par with ourselves and Stoke have not been shy spending the money. 

The rest (and I may have tinted specs on ) are smaller clubs than ourselves with fickle limited support . Over the period of time your gauging this on our average crowds would back this up season to season compared to the other 12.

In essence other than the panic buying in January 2016 the club have never spent what’s really needed to realistically stay up . Could you list our net spends in 2004/05,2010/11,2015/16 and 2019/20 

The club have not took advantage of the renaissance in support over your 16 year period. The promotions are fantastic but if relegation comes calling again next spring that’s 3 out of 4 instant drops since 2005 that’s surely unprecedented. 

I can already guess your reply how most clubs could only dream of so many promotions and I guess that’s where we differ . 

That wasn't a 16 year period. That was since 2010.

Are you saying that all those clubs with their mega rich investor owners have had less opportunity than our club with our owners. But not withstanding that we should get a rich investor owner so we can be more like them?

Or am I missing something?

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

That wasn't a 16 year period. That was since 2010.

Are you saying that all those clubs with their mega rich investor owners have had less opportunity than our club with our owners. But not withstanding that we should get a rich investor owner so we can be more like them?

Or am I missing something?

I think on each occasion in the last 4 promotions the manager has never really been backed pre season . Never expected the club to shop at Marks and Spencer’s but thought we might manage Aldi or Lidl. This summer we went to charity shops and asked if they were having a sale .

49 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think on each occasion in the last 4 promotions the manager has never really been backed pre season . Never expected the club to shop at Marks and Spencer’s but thought we might manage Aldi or Lidl. This summer we went to charity shops and asked if they were having a sale .

I think in previous promotions all available funds were given to the manager. What do you think happened to the money?

This time there's different priorities as stated numerous times by Stuart Webber.

As Webber said a lot was wasted in Jan 16 signing rubbish panic buys. Do you think we spent enough pre season on each of the last 4 promotions ? 1 didn’t end in failure under Lambert but Worthington,Neil and now Farke were not even backed modestly to help improve the squad . 

27 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

As Webber said a lot was wasted in Jan 16 signing rubbish panic buys. Do you think we spent enough pre season on each of the last 4 promotions ? 1 didn’t end in failure under Lambert but Worthington,Neil and now Farke were not even backed modestly to help improve the squad . 

Lambert was backed fine, as was Neil- the owners don't shoulder the blame for him and McNally's stupid transfer strategy. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

At that time every available penny was given to the manager to the detriment of other parts of the club. What do you think they did with the money?

This season Webber has been entirely open about other priorities.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

At that time every available penny was given to the manager to the detriment of other parts of the club. What do you think they did with the money?

This season Webber has been entirely open about other priorities.

Amazing isn't it Nuttyo, how many people think they know better how to run our club than the professionals that were specifically hired to do the job. Yet few, if any think that they are better players than those we employ , even if playing football at any level is easier than running a Club at any level. Mind you, some people watch love island too.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2019 at 13:54, wcorkcanary said:

Amazing isn't it Nuttyo, how many people think they know better how to run our club than the professionals that were specifically hired to do the job. Yet few, if any think that they are better players than those we employ , even if playing football at any level is easier than running a Club at any level. Mind you, some people watch love island too.

Christ on a bike ! Do you know when people are serious or just being mischievous. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Christ on a bike ! Do you know when people are serious or just being mischievous. 

E89A9BB9-9220-4D28-A800-1329C9C0AEA0.png

Clearly.  Unlike some.