Sign in to follow this  
Rustyboy

Brighton Tickets

Still on sale now.

A little surprised but I suppose a long trip to see a side decimated by injuries and with four consecutive away defeats and only one consolation goal under it’s belt does take it’s toll. 

It will sell out. Brighton is a great  away day.

The away performances since Liverpool have been limp to say the least . I’d imagine most are expecting the par 2.0 defeat and that puts people off purchasing tickets . 

33 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The away performances since Liverpool have been limp to say the least . I’d imagine most are expecting the par 2.0 defeat and that puts people off purchasing tickets . 

That was short lived then. What about stadium expansion? Back burner again?🙃

I’d love to see the expansion and consecutive seasons of top flight football. If Norwich were to be relegated this season then that would be 3 promotions to the Premiere league but only 5 seasons in it since 2011. 

Could you name another side with so many promotions to the Premiere league in less than a decade but it never quite working out in staying there ? 

And the complaints re the system have died down already! Sooner than expected but plenty called this weeks ago.

The system is still wrong/crap. No surprise that one of the less glamorous away games where we get a bigger allocation and which follows a run of defeats sees a lower demand is it? Doesn’t really prove much except maybe that the system only works for lower demand fixtures when it’s not really needed anyway. 

37 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’d love to see the expansion and consecutive seasons of top flight football. If Norwich were to be relegated this season then that would be 3 promotions to the Premiere league but only 5 seasons in it since 2011. 

Could you name another side with so many promotions to the Premiere league in less than a decade but it never quite working out in staying there ? 

Seriously? You invent a set of circumstances that only apply to us and then try to make some, I don't know what, point about it not applying to anyone else.

12 months ago it was a different set of circumstances you attached the club with. Just goes to show that a couple of defeats and you melt....

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

It will sell out just maybe take a day or so longer.

Depends on the whether......whether folk can be ar$ed or not...... 😉 

I’m happy as I finally managed to get a ticket with my standard away membership, which I was genuinely beginning to doubt after failing to get one for West Ham or Palace. Looking forward to it very much and my first trip to the Amex 😁👍

• Like 2

18 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Seriously? You invent a set of circumstances that only apply to us and then try to make some, I don't know what, point about it not applying to anyone else.

12 months ago it was a different set of circumstances you attached the club with. Just goes to show that a couple of defeats and you melt....

No idea what your on about . 

19 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

The system is still wrong/crap. No surprise that one of the less glamorous away games where we get a bigger allocation and which follows a run of defeats sees a lower demand is it? Doesn’t really prove much except maybe that the system only works for lower demand fixtures when it’s not really needed anyway. 

Exactly. All it shows that the narrative some tried to push about the poor unfortunate fans who were locked out of going to away games isn't actually a thing.

20 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Staying there and getting 'so many' promotions are mutually exclusive. I can think of many teams who had less promotions than our 3 then fizzled back to the championship and many many more who despite their best efforts can't seem to find their way into the premier league at all.

Best example I can think of in your scenario is Burnley. Promoted in 08/09 and 13/14 both for a one season visit before going up again int 15/16 where they have stayed until now. Until now we had avoided each other since 2011. This is now their 4th consecutive season in the top flight.

Third time lucky?

Well, I was very keen to go to this one - new ground for me (the previous times we've played there didn't fit in with dates I could make), a weekend by the sea and Brighton is a great cosmopolitan city.  Can't wait!!!

3 hours ago, ThorpeCanary said:

Staying there and getting 'so many' promotions are mutually exclusive. I can think of many teams who had less promotions than our 3 then fizzled back to the championship and many many more who despite their best efforts can't seem to find their way into the premier league at all.

Best example I can think of in your scenario is Burnley. Promoted in 08/09 and 13/14 both for a one season visit before going up again int 15/16 where they have stayed until now. Until now we had avoided each other since 2011. This is now their 4th consecutive season in the top flight.

Third time lucky?

There seems to be a trend that wants to turn a great success of our club into failure. It's absolutely mental! 

Maybe Midlands can name another club that's bounced back so many times and whether its preferable to be relegated once and stay down.

We are all yoyo clubs but the less successful ones are simply  yo....

I see on the Canaries website that tickets are available again. The same thing happened with the Bournemouth game.

Does anybody know why this is happening, perhaps selling the unsold expensive VIP seats?

37 minutes ago, Rustyboy said:

I see on the Canaries website that tickets are available again. The same thing happened with the Bournemouth game.

Does anybody know why this is happening, perhaps selling the unsold expensive VIP seats?

What is more curious is that the club doesn't seem to be publicizing these tickets coming back on sale.

Without meaning to be cynical I wonder if there is a vested in interest in letting a few go unsold so the club can argue the number of away memberships sold doesn't outstrip demand so the system can remain...

On 10/10/2019 at 18:53, nutty nigel said:

There seems to be a trend that wants to turn a great success of our club into failure. It's absolutely mental! 

Maybe Midlands can name another club that's bounced back so many times and whether its preferable to be relegated once and stay down.

We are all yoyo clubs but the less successful ones are simply  yo....

If Norwich got promoted and stayed in the top league for more than a few seasons they wouldn’t have to keep bouncing back so often . 

31 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If Norwich got promoted and stayed in the top league for more than a few seasons they wouldn’t have to keep bouncing back so often . 

So that's a pretty pathetic one-eyed view of our club. Since 2010 16 of the relegated clubs are now outside the premier league.

Not really , if we end up relegated this season then that’s 3 instant returns to the Championship out of the last 4 promotions to the Premiere league.

Obviously you’ll point how great the club are at getting promoted but even you must will them to stay a little longer . 

On 10/10/2019 at 15:50, Lord Horn (again) said:

Well, I was very keen to go to this one - new ground for me (the previous times we've played there didn't fit in with dates I could make), a weekend by the sea and Brighton is a great cosmopolitan city.  Can't wait!!!

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. As you say Brighton is a great city with masses of good pubs and a real vibe about the place.

I’ve been both times we’ve played there and it’s a nice ground, much better than those identikit new places. The away end bar staff were dressed in City shirts with yellow and green colours around the bars and they sold East Anglian ales too. No other ground makes away fans feel so welcome.

Don’t forget they also include free train travel to Falmer station right by the ground.

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not really , if we end up relegated this season then that’s 3 instant returns to the Championship out of the last 4 promotions to the Premiere league.

Obviously you’ll point how great the club are at getting promoted but even you must will them to stay a little longer . 

Will them to stay and want them to stay is not the same as behaving like a spoilt child if they don't. They are still doing better than the vast majority of similar clubs and being established in the PL is pretty much a myth for all but a few.

Looking forward to this one - my first visit.

Any away pub recommendations?

19 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Will them to stay and want them to stay is not the same as behaving like a spoilt child if they don't. They are still doing better than the vast majority of similar clubs and being established in the PL is pretty much a myth for all but a few.

Don’t turn it personal Nutty ! We just have different ideas about success .