Sign in to follow this  
allways travelling

Disloyal pot hunter

Lets not mention this disloyal pot hunter ashton anymore we was just a stepping stone for his big ego.could not have laced the boots of  the likes of chris sutton and bellars he will not go down in norwich history as a legend.Seven million plus it has brought me out of the depressing start to the new year with some glee.Now lets get jerome or mcsheffrey earnshaw halford and co in would settle for two of these.

i know that feelings are running high, but personally i dont blame Dean. In my opinion he is just using the system and at the end of the day the club agreed to it.

i see Dean as a good footballer with a very short shelf life - at the end of the day he''s trying to make as much money as he can for himself (as we all would) before his injuries rule him out of the game. If we were in a good play off spot or in the automatic places then i may feel a bit different, but we''ve managed to make a profit that we never would have made had we not signed him. At least now we can afford to replace the  duds that worthy has bought (as long as he doesnt sign more)

So he might be but let''s be honest. What did we do to help him stay - not a lot in my book.

We got rid of some half decent players at the end of last season and brought in a load of rubbish as replacements.

We saw what his strengths were when he''s given any half decent service and he proved what he could do at the highest level.

We promptly ignored these talents by hoofing the ball up the park in the hope that he might pull off a miracle.

Given the right support he was the best player in the team but the tactics employed, and the lack of quality in the players there to support him, meant that we have totally failed to use our main strength and simply wasted the one talent, and one hope, that we had.

I don''t blame him for going at all or for negotiating a pay off - of course, given the same opportunity you wouldn''t do it, would you ?