Sign in to follow this  
Overrated, over paid

TNC Talk Norwich City - For real?

Hey all. If like me you enjoy soaking up as much opinion and insight pre-match as possible; you may have stumbled upon TNC, Talk Norwich City. Jack Reeve and Christopher appear to be the main guys behind this, primarily, youtube, self-styled Norwich City fan offering. 

I wanted to know (a) what the Pinkun faithful think of the TNC offering and (b) whether this is actually a legitimate and credible source of info and opinion. ALSO are there any other fan podcasts, channels you'd recommend?

On one hand I quite enjoy TNC,  Jack Reeve has some talent and is amusing and skilled in his hosting of the 'show'. His stooge (sorry) Christopher seems rather to easy to goad, is, comparatively, less balanced and is more of your traditional, blinkers on, run-of-the-mill fan. I guess, objectively, this is a positive chemistry.

So what's the deal with TNC? Serious? Credible? Tom foolery or a couple of harmless witty chaps having fun with an iphone and a spare bedroom? TNC, in my opinion, has some potential to really own the independent Norwich City commentary space and its an area Im considering. No front of camera but commercially. Do TNC deliver or what are they missing that we'd all appreciate?

Thoughts, from those that follow TNC , would be appreciated.

A good watch.

Chris accusing the players of not trying on Saturday was well out of order though. 

I quite enjoy the match day experience video's👍

• Like 1

Onne looks like Tim Nice but Dim, the other used to look like Michael Foot but he has modified that appearance recently

Not the brightest or most original thoughts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Yes, ACN are much better.

Thirded.

• Like 1

Watched TNC when it started but quickly realised that I could not care any less about what Mr Reeve or his sidekicks  opinions were on any NCFC subject.

Not clicked on any of their videos in about 3 years

• Like 1

I can listen at length to Jack Reeve as he generally displays a degree of humility, which is his greatest gift. But Chris Reeve is unwatchable as his self-satisfaction is nauseating and he seems to think that he knows what he is talking about. He really doesn't. He didn't pick up at all on where the weaknesses and mistakes were on Saturday. 

• Like 4

London based myself which is why these sites, channels, sources are appreciated, That 'balanced Norfolk insight and amusement is appreciated. TNC, for me, is a good watch, there is some skill and talent on display and I suspect Chris is set up to encourage controversy and debate. Both chaps are bright and could, potentially, hugely progress if managed and financed correctly. Beyond entertainment however, the seriousness of their opinions are debatable which is a trick missed. I haven't looked but if they are happy with 100k subscribers then fair enough, but the audience potential is huge.

Norwich, for a PL club, are lacking in this independent, insider fan content. It isn't being executed just right yet! Yet!

Michale Bailey,  brilliant, so Norwich, but hugely credible! Really enjoy his analysis and opinion.

Paddy D, terribly old hat, lazy journalism crammed full of predictable, meaningless jargon. But, there are thousands of 'football journalists' of this ilk struggling to deal with 2019 and are at battle with being forced into a piece to camera gigs. Entirely regional and not PL in the least. 

J

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Overrated, over paid said:

Michael Bailey,  brilliant, so Norwich, but hugely credible! Really enjoy his analysis and opinion.

Paddy D, terribly old hat, lazy journalism crammed full of predictable, meaningless jargon. But, there are thousands of 'football journalists' of this ilk struggling to deal with 2019 and are at battle with being forced into a piece to camera gigs. Entirely regional and not PL in the least. 

J

The EDP lost me last week with an awful tabloid 'who shall we drop from the midfield', dressed up as a poll. They really need to be doing better than this or else the migration to The Athletic will become a stampede. Very little insight, and no sensitivity.

Arrogant, self important would rather pull out my own finger nails than listen to them 

there are some fabulous young footbball vloggers out there eg stuntpegg but this lot are poor in comparison 

21 hours ago, Molly Windley said:

Watched TNC when it started but quickly realised that I could not care any less about what Mr Reeve or his sidekicks  opinions were on any NCFC subject.

Not clicked on any of their videos in about 3 years

Tend to agree with this, there are others who are proving better at the match day stuff and who are a bit easier to relate to.  Their interviews with personalities at the club are still worth looking at but he and Chris do sometimes come across as a bit sychophantic.

Jack was good when he started out as a young lad and showed good enthusiasm and enterprise in setting up his channel as a kid and maybe he is going to outgrow what he is doing and move into some other form of journalism (if journalism is where he wants to be). Admire the way he went about it all initially and he has picked up a good following and connections with the club, but moving forwards maybe needs to rethink it a bit.

On 08/10/2019 at 23:50, Overrated, over paid said:

Hey all. If like me you enjoy soaking up as much opinion and insight pre-match as possible; you may have stumbled upon TNC, Talk Norwich City. Jack Reeve and Christopher appear to be the main guys behind this, primarily, youtube, self-styled Norwich City fan offering. 

I wanted to know (a) what the Pinkun faithful think of the TNC offering and (b) whether this is actually a legitimate and credible source of info and opinion. ALSO are there any other fan podcasts, channels you'd recommend?

On one hand I quite enjoy TNC,  Jack Reeve has some talent and is amusing and skilled in his hosting of the 'show'. His stooge (sorry) Christopher seems rather to easy to goad, is, comparatively, less balanced and is more of your traditional, blinkers on, run-of-the-mill fan. I guess, objectively, this is a positive chemistry.

So what's the deal with TNC? Serious? Credible? Tom foolery or a couple of harmless witty chaps having fun with an iphone and a spare bedroom? TNC, in my opinion, has some potential to really own the independent Norwich City commentary space and its an area Im considering. No front of camera but commercially. Do TNC deliver or what are they missing that we'd all appreciate?

Thoughts, from those that follow TNC , would be appreciated.

Enough feedback Jack?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Overrated, over paid said:

London based myself which is why these sites, channels, sources are appreciated, That 'balanced Norfolk insight and amusement is appreciated. TNC, for me, is a good watch, there is some skill and talent on display and I suspect Chris is set up to encourage controversy and debate. Both chaps are bright and could, potentially, hugely progress if managed and financed correctly. Beyond entertainment however, the seriousness of their opinions are debatable which is a trick missed. I haven't looked but if they are happy with 100k subscribers then fair enough, but the audience potential is huge.

Norwich, for a PL club, are lacking in this independent, insider fan content. It isn't being executed just right yet! Yet!

Michale Bailey,  brilliant, so Norwich, but hugely credible! Really enjoy his analysis and opinion.

J

POTT , aka post of the thread

🎶“Maybe it’s because I’m a Londoner.. “ 🎵

J

Call me suspicious but after a 5yr break from posting you come back to post about Jack & Chris, nothing about our football team or club?

Don't get your comments about ''  Both chaps are bright and could, potentially, hugely progress if managed and financed correctly''  They both have good jobs & work fulltime and do podcasts in their spare time like loads of other people, why would they need managing?

• Like 1

It isn't for me but they seem pretty good at what they do.

Important to remember they've got no more insight/knowledge than the average fan though.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Tend to agree with this, there are others who are proving better at the match day stuff and who are a bit easier to relate to.  Their interviews with personalities at the club are still worth looking at but he and Chris do sometimes come across as a bit sychophantic.

Jack was good when he started out as a young lad and showed good enthusiasm and enterprise in setting up his channel as a kid and maybe he is going to outgrow what he is doing and move into some other form of journalism (if journalism is where he wants to be). Admire the way he went about it all initially and he has picked up a good following and connections with the club, but moving forwards maybe needs to rethink it a bit.

He works for the Racing Post now. So, yes, he's got a job in journalism.

Still doing TNC. Not sure that will ever change!

8 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

there are some fabulous young footbball vloggers out there eg stuntpegg

This is the one and only time I’m going to agree with Waveney 😮

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wooster said:

I much prefer ACN & MB.  Just assume TNC is going for a different market, 10-20 year-olds.

Thanks for the warning!!!

13 hours ago, Diane said:

Call me suspicious but after a 5yr break from posting you come back to post about Jack & Chris, nothing about our football team or club?

Don't get your comments about ''  Both chaps are bright and could, potentially, hugely progress if managed and financed correctly''  They both have good jobs & work fulltime and do podcasts in their spare time like loads of other people, why would they need managing?

You're suspicious Diane 🙂 And not everyone has to 'get it'. 

Thanks for the response all. As the club continues to move forward and develop; all the peripheral club associated activities, channels, , merch and ventures will also grow. It'll be interesting to see how the landscape changes and not just on the pitch. 

OTBC

Thanks for the response all. As the club continues to move forward and develop; all the peripheral club associated activities, channels, , merch and ventures will also grow. It'll be interesting to see how the landscape changes and not just on the pitch. 

OTBC

I think it would be nice if you told us who you are 😉

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Judging by his username, I'm going to take a punt on Alexis Sanchez.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Exactly FF and i think Diane was near the mark with her post.