Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Bournmouth-what would you change

Excluding the long term absentees (Zimmermann and Hernandez have been massively missed) and assuming others are fit then I’d like to see Krul in goal and Hanley in at the back so Amadou can play in midfield ideally next to Vrancic who I believe has been a big, big miss. Would be tempted to give Roberts a start too and would trust the managers judgement on who he dropped to accommodate him. We desperately need fresh faces and fresh impetus.

I think Hernandez is due back in training, so opens up a bit more width if he gets some game time.

For me and guaging who is and isn't likely available.

Krul
Aarons - Godfrey - Amadou - Lewis
             Leitner & Tettey/Steips
Buendia      Cantwell          Hernandez
                       Pukki

Dropping Mclean as Leitner and Mclean just doesn't work
Dropping Steips from CAM as he hasn't made the step up yet, although would be interested to see how Steips does as a CDM, maybe a good role for him especially as we have seen him cover defensive duties! - Sit him covering the back 4 and let Leitner push forward... 

Bit harsh on Roberts, but would look to bring him in at half time / 60mins dependant upon how affective Hernandez or Buendia are

If Hanley is fit I'd bring him in for McLean with Amadou moving into midfield. I'd also be tempted to switch Roberts for Stieperman with Cantwell moving into the central area.

• Like 1

As pretty much everyone else has said, I don't rate Hanley highly at Prem level but the need for Amadou to step into midfield is priority 1 at the moment- if nothing else it should help clear up Godfrey's somewhat iffy positional play we've been seeing.

And, tin hat on, I'd change the formation. I like Stiepermann and he has his uses, but the line that 'we need his physicality or we will get overrun' is moot- we're being overrun regardless. I would, providing we have enough CBs, have Amadou at DM and Leitner and McLean sat ahead. It's then any of the 5 or so possibles for the AM slots and Pukki up front.

Same principles, different emphasis. I want us to play the same way but we simply can't continue playing like a 5-a-side team and pick up enough points to survive.

If Trybull or Tetty is fit I'd play him alongside Amadou in midfield. We absolutely must slow the number of goals against to have any chance of staying up and I think this would keep much of our attacking ability.

Krul

Aarons    Godfrey    Hanley    Lewis

Amadou     Trybull/Tetty

Buendia         Drmic       Cantwell

Pukki

Edited by Hairy Canary

I haven't read any of the previous posts but we need to be defensively more solid therefore 3 at the back with 2 wing backs is the way to go.  But who in the back 3 Godfrey and Hanley may not be fit.  If neither fit cannot go back 3.  If one fit Amadou amd Byram to make the team.  If neither fit could have 6 midfielders except would need 3 to recover and still be soundly beaten by a very good Bournemouth.

If back 3 could have 2 DM's provided some recover i.e. Tettey or Trybull.  Will suffer as an attacking force but not creating much away from Carrow Rd. 

Krul

Bryam   Hanley  Godfrey

Aarons.    Amadou   Trybull       Lewis

Buendia.    Cantwell

Pukki

Project counter attack. Leitner and McLean dropped for tactical reasons.

Stiepermann dropped because he isn't good enough.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

33 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Subject to injuries, mine would be:-

Krul

Aarons  Hanley / Famewo   Godfrey Lewis

Buendia  Amadou  Leitner Roberts

Drmic  Pukki

We all know Farke has been dreadfully unlucky with the injuries but he has had two opportunities to move Amadou into defensive midfield slot (against Palace and Villa) and has decided against. One can only hope for 'third time lucky'.

What is just as worrying is the sudden impotence up front with just the solitary (very lucky) goal to show in last three matches. I would take Cantwell and Stieperman out and give Roberts and Drmic the opportunity. In his very brief cameos Roberts has shown Wes like qualities to suddenly drift past opponents leaving them for dead. Drmic (hopefully) has the physical presence to take the pressure off Pukki. They should BOTH be played up front (fat chance though!).    

I may be wrong but reading between the lines I’m not convinced Hanley has been (fully) fit since before Man City. If so, it may well be that DF was almost forced into keeping Amadou at the back for longer than intended.

There are a lot of assumptions on this thread about who's going to be fit.

IF Hanley is available, I agee that it's time to move Amadou to DM. It seems strange that Roberts hasn't had more opportunities,  but I still trust Farke's judgement.