Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Bournmouth-what would you change

One hopes either Krul or Fahrmann are fit again, and if Godfrey recovers quickly, I'd be inclined to put Byram (sorry just don't have confidence in Hanley-we really should have shipped him out and look at investing in an upgrade during the summer!) in next to Godfrey, as he was unlucky to lose his place and I just feel he's got that natural defensive brain on him.

We may have got Amadou in for his versatility, but central defence is clearly not one of his strengths. Byram might bring some calm to the defence and allow Amadou to show his strength is in central midfield. That also might free up Leitner to play a more open role. I'd have to drop Mclean.

And I think Steiperman has had enough games to up his contribution, which just hasn't come. I think we have to let Roberts have a crack and Drmic to come on later in games if we need more direct presence up top.

In current injury crisis thats the best I can think of.

I’d move Cantwell into central area, drop Stiepermann and bring in Roberts.

At the back bring in Famewo and push Amadou alongside Leitner at the expense of McLean.

If any of our first choice keepers fit straight back in.

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’d move Cantwell into central area, drop Stiepermann and bring in Roberts.

At the back bring in Famewo and push Amadou alongside Leitner at the expense of McLean.

If any of our first choice keepers fit straight back in.

Totally agree. I'd drop Buendia before Todd anyway. 

• Like 2

Is Hanley going to be fit? And any of the injured midfielders? Those are big questions that need to be answered first.

One thing I would definitely change is not playing Amadou in a back four. Man City aside, he hasn't looked comfortable there at all and we miss a player like him in midfield, which is his proper position and, I assume, the position we signed him for. 

If Hanley is fit, then I'd be tempted to put him in place of Stiepermann and go to a back three of Amadou, Hanley and Godfrey. The extra man would give us the extra protection we so dearly need and would help cover for the flaws in their respective games (that's not me being critical as every player in world football has flaws). Aarons and Lewis are capable of providing the width and would have less defensive responsibility, and Buendia and Cantwell would both have more freedom to drift infield and less responsibility to track back.

Midfield is too lightweight and brushed off the ball far too easily at this level. If Tettey is back and I don’t know when he is then he needs to come in there, presumably we won’t have two centre backs to push armadou in there. Unlike many I’d keep Stiepermann where he is and only play one of Cantwell or Buendia if numbers available allow

Probably but there is a case to replace any of the starting midfield from yesterday if numbers allowed 

Issue is who will be fit for selection.

If Tettey is fit then I’d keep Amadou at CB, if not he must move into that position.

Hanley just isn’t good enough against fast attacking teams, Bournemouth have that so even if fit must be on the bench at best!

Its now getting to that point where we need to break that losing run.

Assuming Amadou was brought in to play CDM we were without our first three choices in that position. This must impact the rest of the team. And to be honest Emi and Todd looked stronger and more robust than out two CDM's yesterday. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Will Godfrey be fit? He's off to Munich for a hernia op tomorrow or Tuesday. 

Munich ? Don’t we do Hernia ops in the UK ?

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Assuming Amadou was brought in to play CDM we were without our first three choices in that position. This must impact the rest of the team. And to be honest Emi and Todd looked stronger and more robust than out two CDM's yesterday. 

That’s very true, that’s why I’m all for giving Famewo the chance and move Amadou into his strongest position, as I said elsewhere that’s what I’ve liked about Farke he hasn’t tried too much to fit round pegs into square holes, he’ll give players a chance whatever their age. I’m all for playing the strongest players in their first position and playing weaker players in the team than move a player and leave the team weaker.

• Like 2

It may happen yet. Farke often states he gives away no presents. He wouldn't have put Famewo on the bench if he wasn't really in his thoughts.

At the very least I'd drop Stiepermann and bring in either Roberts or Drmic. 

If Roberts I'd move Buendia to the number 10 spot.

If Drmic I'd have him and Pukki alternative between #9 and #10, to keep the defenders guessing.

Stiepermann just isn't working out at the moment in this XI, we can use him off the bench to shore up games and revisit regarding a starting place when we've got different players sitting behind him.  

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3-4-2-1 (IF players are fit)

Krul

Byram          Hanley       Godfrey

Aarons           Vrancic        Amadou             Lewis

Buendia   Cantwell

Pukki

3 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

3-4-2-1 (IF players are fit)

Krul

Byram          Hanley       Godfrey

Aarons           Vrancic        Amadou             Lewis

Buendia   Cantwell

Pukki

Looks solid and should be harder to break down, but with Vrancic and Amadou a little too short in creative passing, I’d play Leitner instead, but wouldn’t be too far away from what might be picked.

27 minutes ago, Otis62 said:

Munich ? Don’t we do Hernia ops in the UK ?

I'm sure we still do. I had mine done at Colney Lane.

Maybe Munich gives him the best chance of being fit to play in 10 days.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

For me EMI and Cantwell have been guilty too often of losing possession and we’ve been turned over from it. Buendia twice yesterday resulted in goals. Leitner has the highest pass completion of any player in the league outside the to 6 so I’d be tempted to leave one of emi/ Cantwell out put Tettey in and move Leitner forwards. We have to look after the ball better in those midfield areas than we have been IMO 

edit not top 6 but so called big 6

Edited by JF

3 minutes ago, JF said:

For me EMI and Cantwell have been guilty too often of losing possession and we’ve been turned over from it. Buendia twice yesterday resulted in goals. Leitner has the highest pass completion of any player in the league outside the to 6 so I’d be tempted to leave one of emi/ Cantwell out put Tettey in and move Leitner forwards. We have to look after the ball better in those midfield areas than we have been IMO 

edit not top 6 but so called big 6

This Leitner stat doesn't really equate to a dominating performance. Many say he plays for the sake of his stats. I wouldn't go that far but if he'd started against Man City would the result have been the same? I don't know what Tettey's passing stats were mind you...

3 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Owners? 

The richest owners in the world could not bring a single new player in 'til January (other than 2 free agents).

I'd be tempted to start Roberts instead of Buendia. I think Emi has been looking really lazy and sloppy for most of the season and might need a reminder that he needs to work for team for whole game instead of just last 15mins like yesterday. Then plan to bring him in as a sub early on with fresh legs and will to win the spot back.

Otherwise it is really hard to say as there is no idea who will be available.

Emi seems to have struggled this season but he will come good. Tried to make things happen yesterday but it wouldn't go for him.

Emi gets frustrated when things go wrong for him and the team but I don't see any circumstance where we would be better without him.

• Like 2