Sign in to follow this  
yellowrider120

Could AD be our AC??

Somewhat unusually, YR was a tad late rising from the sack this morning (but, he offers in defence, a 01.15 arrival home from taxi duties!!). Frantically pressing the 'ON' button of the new, small screen LG model on the dining room chest of drawers whilst starting to consume his normal, cholesterol lowering breakfast, he was greeted with the sight of a rampant, bold, attacking Brighton team taking on one of the 'big boys'. 

One Aaron Connolly made his league debut and how brilliant the boy was. I noted that Potter played TWO up front. How strange. Most posters on this message board fall for the trendy propaganda that ..............' no-one does that these days', 'its old fashioned', 'not how modern football works''.

Meanwhile, here in 'Farke Land', Teemu cuts an increasingly overworked, lonely and isolated figure bereft of proper support. Cantwell, Stieperman and Buendia (whilst possessors of genuine quality in some instances) tend to infuriate with their insistence on 'over playing' and not being prepared to 'put their foot through the ball'.

Adam Idah was promoted to the first team squad in the summer with a new contact and a blaze of publicity. I have not seen him play but am told he has 'pace to burn' (perhaps more seasoned  observers can confirm or otherwise). So far the boy has one solitary League Cup appearance to his name and remains unused in the league. 

That stirring victory over Man City seems a lifetime ago now with 9 goals conceded and just 1 scored in a sad run of three successive defeats. Despite what most think, Farke DOES have attacking options (Drmic, Srbeny and Idah). Of course whether any of these three have the quality is unknown as (to varying degrees) none has been given any real opportunity. I don't consider 5 minutes here, 3 minutes there or even 10 minutes a 'decent' opportunity! Farke remains annoyingly stubborn (a trait I have long since mentioned but only to be castigated by all and sundry on this board). Undeniably the 'sands are now shifting' as the harsh realities kick in and winter approaches. I will once again make the trip to the fine Amex Stadium on November 2nd in anticipation. Last time I witnessed a most appalling 5-0 defeat with A Neil in charge. One can only pray that a repeat is not looming.  Back to the title of this post - Herr Farke now needs to be bold and start using his squad in attacking areas. Step forward AD.       

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Spot on - apologies to all. That said, do you have any other observation on the post??  

Yep, was the post written by a friend or partner? Why else would it be written in the 3rd person, wcorkcanary asks himself.😕

• Like 1

Why do you set yourself up against the whole board and then expect a reasoned debate. We don't fall for the propaganda you claim we do. You're not some kind of great leader with all and sundry against him. We are not meekly content with anything. And I doubt we see the manager as a rabbit in the headlights.

If you want a contribution - what about an opinion that the injuries have made a difference. An idea that perhaps playing Tettey and McLean gave us much more protection than Leitner and McLean. Not having 2 walking wounded in the back four might also have helped.

I have a observation through reading your posts that you don't like the way we play. You didn't like it early last season and certainly not the season before. I think you tolerated it when we were winning because it would have been churlish not to.

• Like 3

No idea of Idah is good enough or not. Wouldn’t be too difficult to accommodate a front two though - Stiepermann has been a bit wasteful and I’ve never been convinced that technically he’s good enough for the prem. Switch him out for a second striker, two wingers/attacking midfielders, two holding midfielders.

I’ve said on another thread just now that I think setting up more akin to how we did against Man City could be a good idea - slightly more solid, slightly more counter attacking with 6 outfield players largely holding their position. We can still play it out nicely, but Idah might suit that style if he is quick. Pukki, Idah, Cantwell on the break, with Buendia being the link between the holding midfielders and the attack could work.

I stop taking posts seriously when the poster starts to compare football with “any other business” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The day I post through irritability will be the day I stop posting. I also like the criticism that I usually use few words. Most people say the opposite.

March 11th 1967 was my first game. Do you remember it being like this?

http://www.eafa.org.uk/catalogue/923

Time plays tricks...

I don't criticise you for having an opinion. But this continual garbage that your opinion has to be measured against disparaging distorted views you have of this community is a bit far fetched and a lot disrespectful.

7 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Just my own, somewhat quirky style! 

Interesting that of nearly 300 views not one single poster has made any contributions to the main thrusts of my arguments. One can only suppose that you're all meekly content with the 'rabbit in the headlights' stance of our manager? I actually couldn't care less  if we win games or not IF the manager has been bold, recognized when things need changing and actually does something about it.

Football is no different to any other business. When things start to go wrong you need to respond and TRY to change what is happening. Farke has to be dragged almost kicking and screaming in that direction.   

Quite rightly the boy Farke has accumulated a significant amount of 'credit in the bank'. However, we have now played EIGHT matches and he shows no sign of adopting a more flexible and 'positive' (i.e mixing up our style and throwing on subs much sooner than he does) approach. It would be a great tragedy if the natives were to 'turn' but (worryingly) I can see that happening.   

Interesting to you maybe...

Could I humbly suggest if you want a genuine debate on your views:

- Not referring to yourself in the third person, and DEFINITELY not using the phrase “the boy”. I’m going to contradict my second point below but I imagine the majority of readers of this board immediately think of “Big” Vince when they read this, who had to be the most irritating and yet boring troll on here.

- Not making assumptions about what the rest of us are thinking (“One can only suppose”, “I assume even you would acknowledge that?”).

- Don’t tell us you have a quirky style. We’ll make up our own minds what your style is, and personally, I would choose arrogant.

• Haha 1

Pukki is the key to our survival.

Our success last season was built around Pukki playing as a single striker. I’m not sure the runs he makes and the positions he gets into would be helped by having another striker alongside him.

I haven’t a clue what the stats are but Pukki seems to be the ‘ least caught offside ‘ striker ever to wear the Norwich shirt, which is testament to his effectiveness as a single striker.

• Like 1

Guys apologies. I've not read any of this exempt the title and felt the uncontrollable urge to post these. Keep on trucking City.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Why has Big Vince made a second account?

Seems like an attempt to pick up blokes by the looks of it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Evening Nigel!

Thanks for the link and what an insight into the football of 1967 that was! 41,000 that day so I am led to believe. That was just before I started to attend THP ('The Holy Place'). Early matches were with my Dad sitting in Block E of the old wooden main stand. From about 1968-1975 it was either standing in The Barclay, Barclay - South Stand corner or middle of the South Stand. After 1975 (when the South Stand was seated) I went back to The Barclay until 1981 when I migrated to the lower tier of the 'Reeves Stand'. Had a ten year secondment there until that too was seated and we bought season tickets in the middle of the South Stand where we can be found to this day. And yourself?

The link is certainly well worth a separate post in itself. Can I leave it to you to organise? Thank you.     

I must admit (in all seriousness) to being bemused by your final sentence. That said, YR bears no grudges and is prepared to make you the following offer in order we may compare notes without boring the rest of the posters perhaps! If you would like to message me or contact me on 07738 070474, I am inviting you to a coffee, lunchtime drink or meal to discuss all things City. You can decide the venue. I will bear 100% of the cost.  Perhaps your mate Tilly would be up for it? I knew him from SCG days at THP and it would be good to meet up again. He can pay for himself though!

Over to you.      

The link has been posted many times. I too have moved around the stadium but am back at the front of the South Stand where I was for that 1967 Sheff Wed game.

Thanks for the invite, you should have a text🙃

Every season there's a scapegoat, this season it's been Hanley, until injury, last season it was Cantwell and before that Martin.

There's also the saviour, that player that for some reason unknown to the expert fans, the deluded manger who only gets to see them every single day in training, just won't bow to the collective wisdom of the fans.  In recent years we've had Luciano Becchio and Kyle Lafferty who would bang in the goals if only given the chance.  It looks like we have a new unicorn this season,  it's Adam Idha! 

21 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

At a Club AGM one 'senior' fan who was a leading member of a supporters group / association proudly stood up and castigated the critics by saying...........'I will tell Nigel when it's time for him to go'. That, my friend, is arrogance and a breathtaking example at that.I'm sure Tilly will confirm the accuracy of my recollections. 

Ah yes the pompous Peter Wolsey but i have to say yellowrider that despite his best efforts he never held down an officers position on NCISA. I expect that yet again he will be in his usual front row seat at the AGM this year with his sermon in hand.

20 hours ago, hogesar said:

Why has Big Vince made a second account?

Not for the first time hogesar you are wrong. I know yellowrider personally having sat with him on the SCG to which he eluded in an earlier post and he is most certainly not Big Vince.

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not for the first time hogesar you are wrong. I know yellowrider personally having sat with him on the SCG to which he eluded in an earlier post and he is most certainly not Big Vince.

I have to say you're particularly good at reading humour. Jesus wept, try again.

26 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I have to say you're particularly good at reading humour. Jesus wept, try again.

Oh yeah that post of yours read as very funny. Any further thoughts on that pint you wanted to meet me for or was that internet humour or bluster more like.

55 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hoggo ,I think it helps  those with a humourless  disposition if you either insert a smiley 'joke' face, or pm them an a hour or two  earlier to warn them that humour is on its way and to open their mind to it.   Insert  Smiley joke face here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh yeah that post of yours read as very funny. Any further thoughts on that pint you wanted to meet me for or was that internet humour or bluster more like.

Well I mean you've hardly endeared yourself to me since that offer....

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Well I mean you've hardly endeared yourself to me since that offer....

I will take that as a no or in other words your bluff has been called yet again.

8 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I will take that as a no or in other words your bluff has been called yet again.

My bluff has been called?

For a (really) old man, you don't half act like a 12 year old.

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

My bluff has been called?

For a (really) old man, you don't half act like a 12 year old.

Weeks ago you wanted to meet me to sort out our differences over a pint and after accepting that offer i have repeatedly asked you when and where and all i have had is ridiculous non committal responses but is is me acting like a 12 year old according to you. Really i suggest you put up or shut up young man. As for the ' ( really ) old man ' remark how pathetic does that make you look ?

5 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

You should go Hog. Maybe he's more interesting in person👮‍♂️.

I am sure he will give this a ' like ' Fuzzar . An internet persona can be so deceptive and actually fronting up what you type is a tad daunting for some.