Sign in to follow this  
City fan

Must go

I certainly think if people can't appreciate our current owners and still want to crow for them to leave after claiming for years upon years upon years that we'll never get to the prem with them in charge, only to wait for a negative to bring out the same spiel, then you could probably find something better to do.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

If you don’t like the club, leave

Because the club and the owners aren't the same thing?

• Like 2

On 05/10/2019 at 17:24, Alex Moss said:

Ignoring the s h i t e load of promotions as well, your post is just conjecture. I could, and I will, quite easily counter that we could actually be doing quite well had we had some key players playing week in week out this season, and I do mean key players that have every chance of improving our first 11 considerably had they not been injured. So I’m afraid you have no way of proving thus far that this novel and brave approach could not be working now - it’s impossible to say either way, fact.

I can prove it, look at the league table!

12 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

It's a shame the seasons finished already. What are we going to do between now and next May?

3 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Er no, it proves nothing, as we’ve not had a fully fit or even near fully fit squad to choose from, so as I said, who knows how the table would look if we weren’t so injury ravished.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Er no, it proves nothing, as we’ve not had a fully fit or even near fully fit squad to choose from, so as I said, who knows how the table would look if we weren’t so injury ravished.

So not investing in good back up proves that their approach isn’t working? 

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

So not investing in good back up proves that their approach isn’t working? 

If you forget that the current approach got us promoted a few months back, then yes.😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, king canary said:

Because the club and the owners aren't the same thing?

Oh please.....

Of course the owners and the club are not the same thing. 

You and your house are not the same thing.

You and your car are not the same thing.

But you own them and YOU can do whatever you want with them, laws be damned, if YOU choose.

The funny thing is, if your neighbour came by and said, “I don’t think you’re looking after your house the way I’d like it to be looked after. I think you should sell it to someone who will.”

You would say............

My point exactly.

It’s not YOUR club. It’s not your business. So take a breath, relax and enjoy it for what it is, or move on.

Edited by CirclePoint

17 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

Oh please.....

Of course the owners and the club are not the same thing. 

You and your house are not the same thing.

You and your car are not the same thing.

But you own them and YOU can do whatever you want with them, laws be damned, if YOU choose.

The funny thing is, if your neighbour came by and said, “I don’t think you’re looking after your house the way I’d like it to be looked after. I think you should sell it to someone who will.”

You would say............

My point exactly.

It’s not YOUR club. It’s not your business. So take a breath, relax and enjoy it for what it is, or move on.

Is this the attitude you would have advocated in the Chase years? Or for Blackpool fans under the Oystons? Or Bury fans with their former owner?

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Is this the attitude you would have advocated in the Chase years? Or for Blackpool fans under the Oystons? Or Bury fans with their former owner?

Are you suggesting we are currently going through a period of extreme mismanagement as per the examples you cite above?

On 05/10/2019 at 10:54, City fan said:

Time for Delia Smith to go. Forget the current injuries. The circle of doom has happened several times.She has no long term ambition to keep city in the premiership. 

I’m sorry. Can you remind me what seat you fill in the executive suit again? Oh, that’s right, you don’t have one. 

Can you remind me how many NCFC shares you hold? Thought so.

And one more, can you remind me again the list of investors you have lined up to plan an aggressive take over of NCFC? 

That’s right. Breathe. Breathe. Take deep breaths as you come to the realization that you have NO control or influence in this particular situation.

So sit back down and let the grown-ups figure it out.

If you struggle with this, I recommend approaching the owner of the company you work for and telling him or her that in order for the company to move up in the ranks of competitive business, they need to spend about 100,000,000 pounds that they don’t have. If they say no, ask them to leave. See how that goes.

If someone could help me understand why the universe keeps creating these self-centered, sense of entitled idiots, I’d appreciate it.

Edited by CirclePoint
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ian said:

Are you suggesting we are currently going through a period of extreme mismanagement as per the examples you cite above?

Exactly.

King Canary has forgotten his place in the grand footballing scheme of things.

Edited by CirclePoint

8 hours ago, Ian said:

No I'm not.

I'm suggesting the idea 'if you don't like your clubs owners go and support someone else' as has been suggested on this thread is ****.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

No I'm not.

I'm suggesting the idea 'if you don't like your clubs owners go and support someone else' as has been suggested on this thread is ****.

Oh sure, that goes without saying. 

6 hours ago, CirclePoint said:

Exactly.

King Canary has forgotten his place in the grand footballing scheme of things.

Not even sure what that means to be honest...

You certainly don't have to like the owners. Historically the owners of our club are pretty much universally disliked. Back in the 60s there'd be chants of "zigger zigger zigger, Wating's a word that rhymes with zigger", "tanker tanker tanker, Watling's a word that rhymes with tanker". Then in the 70s Sir Arthur was disliked in the same way put the chants got a bit more acceptable the most popular one being No Reeves, no future, no fans. Move on to Chase and he was the most disliked of all. I'd even go as far as hated. And even through the successful 10 years late 80's early 90s we were never far away from a protest in the stadium and there were plenty. We even had an EGM where shareholders tried to get Ken Brown reinstated and Chase removed.

I would say that the current owners are the most liked of the lot. Especially in the stadium where in twenty years there's only been muffled protests. The dislike has been much more prevalent on social media. Of course that's impossible to compare with other owners as it's only really become a thing since these owners have been around. Although I think we can pretty much guess what social media would have had in store for past owners, especially Big Fat Bob, and it ain't pretty.

• Like 3

Well we'll just hope that when appointed,  Neppers Tom has an easier ride and more muted muffled protests when things go a bit awry.....Because in football, they certainly will....

51 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Well we'll just hope that when appointed,  Neppers Tom has an easier ride and more muted muffled protests when things go a bit awry.....Because in football, they certainly will....

In my view Tom will not get anything like the easy ride that Delia (and MWJ) has had at times from our fans. I think they get extra leeway because of who Delia is, the fact she (to her credit) does mix with the fans and the fact she's female to be honest. If she was a fat bloke like Chase she would have got all manner of grief during some spells of her reign given that the reality is we performed way better during the majority of the Chase reign. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

In my view Tom will not get anything like the easy ride that Delia (and MWJ) has had at times from our fans. I think they get extra leeway because of who Delia is, the fact she (to her credit) does mix with the fans and the fact she's female to be honest. If she was a fat bloke like Chase she would have got all manner of grief during some spells of her reign given that the reality is we performed way better during the majority of the Chase reign. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Oh please Jim.

What happened to “if we go down, so be it. We’ll have broken even, have some money to invest in the foundations of the club and be better placed for another run at promotion and the PL”? One season of success and suddenly it’s “why aren’t we Leicester?” after a few defeats to mid to lower table PREMIER LEAGUE clubs. Webber always said this was a long-term project and we are still over-achieving on that. 

Big picture guys!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

What happened to “if we go down, so be it. We’ll have broken even, have some money to invest in the foundations of the club and be better placed for another run at promotion and the PL”? One season of success and suddenly it’s “why aren’t we Leicester?” after a few defeats to mid to lower table PREMIER LEAGUE clubs. Webber always said this was a long-term project and we are still over-achieving on that. 

Big picture guys!

I'm curious what people think the long-term project is though? I know Webber said they didn't expect promotion this soon, but does that mean we'd have had more money to spend upon promotion if we'd been in the Championship another couple of seasons?

Personally I think the long term project is a club that at least breaks even and can compete in the Championship with the odd promotion season if we have a bit of luck. I know I should be satisfied with that given that quite a few Championship owners bankroll their clubs to a far greater extent than ours, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed that having done the hard work with recruitment, training and building a team to win the Championship we haven't pushed on and tried to be more competitive this season.

Edited by Peanuts

9 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

I'm curious what people think the long-term project is though? I know Webber said they didn't expect promotion this soon, but does that mean we'd have had more money to spend upon promotion if we'd been in the Championship another couple of seasons?

Personally I think the long term project is a club that at least breaks even and can compete in the Championship with the odd promotion season if we have a bit of luck. I know I should be satisfied with that given that quite a few Championship owners bankroll their clubs to a far greater extent than ours, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed that having done the hard work with recruitment, training and building a team to win the Championship we haven't pushed on and tried to be more competitive this season.

As I understand it the project (not sure whether it is long-term or perhaps more medium-term) is a kind of two steps forward, one step back progression, in which relegation is factored in as a distinct possibility, but in which, by husbanding our resources (ie PL TV money), we slowly develope the squad so that  at some point we can get up and stay up, but without overcommitting ourselves financially.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

As I understand it the project (not sure whether it is long-term or perhaps more medium-term) is a kind of two steps forward, one step back progression, in which relegation is factored in as a distinct possibility, but in which, by husbanding our resources (ie PL TV money), we slowly develope the squad so that  at some point we can get up and stay up, but without overcommitting ourselves financially.

You understand it (the project) but you're not sure whether it's long-term or perhaps more medium-term?.....Which is it then?.....

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It’s more than just developing the squad, isn’t it? It’s the physical infrastructure, Colney, and Carrow Road too, even eventually the fabled stadium expansion. We’ve already improved Colney, which is something McNally never achieved, despite calling it out as a problem. It’s the quality of our scouting and coaching teams, which means we can attract promising young footballers and “turn them into £20 million players” or whatever Webber said. Maybe even taking a women's team (I always want to say that in a “Tom Baker Blackadder” voice) into the fold. Man City have done something similar quickly and on a bigger scale by throwing money at it. We have to do it by skill and with a bit of luck over a much longer timeframe. Whether that’s medium or long-term depends on how impatient you are I guess.

Luckily, Webber seems dedicated to it for the next three years, although I would have thought it will take longer than that to see all the fruits of his work.

• Like 2

On 08/10/2019 at 09:54, Jim Smith said:

Nobody is claiming spending money guarantess success and as far as I can see nobody is saying we should spend vastly beyond our means. The debate is whether we should have looked (or should be looking) to increase those means by finding owners/investors with bigger resources or whether we should just settle for and accept that we will never be an established top division club again.

You don't seem aware of the way you contradict yourself. On the one hand you say that you don't want to spend beyond our means then in the following sentence say that you would like a richer owner/ investors, implying that we should be spending more than we obtain from normal sources. 

Investor put money into businesses in the hope of taking out more than they have put in. It is what investment is. What you are hoping to find is someone who is willing to just give us tens of millions. Good luck with the search.

I have avoided this message board over the past 5 days. I was gutted after the no show on Saturday and I was down in the dumps regarding our prospects of survival. I deemed it better to steer away from the message board , iso posting about my feelings and whining etc... The usual stuff about the ownership was bound to come up again after our thin squad was depleted by injuries...and then wasn't up to the task ahead against AV. 

Yet after reading through the thread here , it is clear that there is no clear solution to the problem. Money will not help us stay up imho. The project is a good one and very commendable, but in this situation each club would have difficulties yet taking some more risks on the transfer market , might have made us a bit more resilient...yet I don't think it would have helped that much. I like the project , but I fear it will come to nothing if we go straight back down... even just a few seasons of PL football would do the club , the project etc. a world of good...because of the experience on the pitch , but also because of the £ 

On 05/10/2019 at 17:22, Canary Wundaboy said:

If a person with a lot of money who was a fan of the club came forwards and offered to buy her out then there’d be a decision to make. But she says she won’t sell, and no-one’s coming forward offering said riches, so here we are.

She ought to sell the club to Gold and Sullivan who have never been unsuccessful wherever they've been.