Sign in to follow this  
pete

A good stuffing will do it

Kill off the stupid declarations that we will stay up easily.  The spate of injuries are killing us off a fit Zimmermann would have made all the difference.  But a threadbare squad that was not enhanced is also causing problems.

I am not going to blame the lack of investment but we will be getting £100m+, we knew what the plans were and need to live with self sustainment model and the impact that brings. I cannot understand why we signed Patrick Roberts on loan can he really be that bad, we could have signed another loanee from the PL maybe a defender which might have given us a chance.

Those who were suggesting top 6 at the start of the season have just experienced a harsh dose of reality after the short heady high that was Man City.

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Those who were suggesting top 6 at the start of the season have just experienced a harsh dose of reality after the short heady high that was Man City.

There will be other heady highs.  Farke has found the answers in the past, he will do so again....once he has more fit players to choose from.  We've been running on empty the last couple of weeks, barely enough players to put out a team and subs. There is still plenty of time to get up the table, maybe not to top six, but anything is still possible. 

Let's use yesterday's stuffing as a positive. A line in the sand in my view. Reality has hit, that magical win against Man City a distant memory, but shows what we can do if all the players are up for it, play as a team and don't make stupid errors.

2 weeks off now, a chance to regroup get players fit, reflect on what needs to change and we move on.

We're still only 3 points behind Man Utd!