Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

The difference between the two teams today

Our players are not good enough on a consistent level , injuries have not helped  also inexperience with our younger team players, and finally yes lack of investment on the team

4 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

dont give the that lot down the road more reason to hijack this message board , jobsworth canary must be loving this .

He is in considerable pain is the truth 

1 minute ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

He is in considerable pain is the truth 

LOL can you repeat that in English, i know you lot down the road struggle with English 🤣

17 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

The owners. 

I’m all for differing opinions and debate, but blatant binners need to be banned from this board, just as I’d expect to be banned if I was chipping away on the TWTD message board. This clown in particular needs a tractor tyre blow out at speed.

Regardless, nowt to do with owners, we’ve got the worst injury crisis I can ever remember, and the last thing I’m going to do is delight in slagging off my team and club at a time when they need our support the most. We have some very strange supporters, given they know our injury situation at the moment. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

I’m all for differing opinions and debate, but blatant binners need to be banned from this board, just as I’d expect to be banned if I was chipping away on the TWTD message board. This clown in particular needs a tractor tyre blow out at speed.

Regardless, nowt to do with owners, we’ve got the worst injury crisis I can ever remember, and the last thing I’m going to do is delight in slagging off my team and club at a time when they need our support the most. We have some very strange supporters, given they know our injury situation at the moment. 

Agreed. Match thread was a bit of a blast from the past today with a lot of old posters coming out of the woodwork. in fairness to trolls like Jobsworth at least he's around all the time.

• Like 1

The main difference today is that we lost a match. And when that happens the usual posters bashing the club emerge. Good results... and the difference is they go eerily quiet. 

It must be said that the last three games have quite starkly illustrated just how challenging it is for us to compete at this level whilst being the only “self funded” club. Burnley, Palace, Villa. Three clubs you have to target as being “peers” and games where we can potentially gain points and it’s been utterly disastrous.

The injuries have been unfortunate (although I have to question whether there is an issue with the fitness training going on given the ridiculous number of then) but even so it seems clear that we should have dug a little deeper this summer and bolstered the squad in key areas. That we could not do so is down to our owners and their “model” so it should be open to debate.

i would also query whether Webber has perhaps underestimated the physical side to the prem in terms of our transfer strategy and a couple more athletic players should possibly have been brought in to match some of these established bottom half prem clubs. 

A significant factor in our results, besides the injury crisis, is that many of our players have not shown the level of performances they did last season. This is due to the higher standard of football demanded in the PL. Teams have also sussed out that pressing us high up the pitch induces lots of misplaced passes that they can capitalise on. 

The club did not spend enough this summer to even try and give a us a reasonable chance of staying up.

We have skill but we are getting bullied in matches because most sides are much stronger and bigger physically. 

Villa want to stay in the premiership. Delia is just pleased to be there for one season. That's the difference. 

Edited by City fan
Spell check
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

The owners. 

You actually got the number of words right in the answer to your question, just the wrong two words. The answer to the difference between the two teams was Tyrone Mings

I think there will be a very fine line between staying up and going down. IMHO had we signed a couple more players, we’d be sitting comfortably in mid table. We’re not far off being a very decent team but it was very naive to hope we wouldn’t get injuries and that everyone would step up.

We seem to have planned based on the ideal dream scenario whereas what is actually happening is quite the opposite.

3 hours ago, JF said:

You actually got the number of words right in the answer to your question, just the wrong two words. The answer to the difference between the two teams was Tyrone Mings

Who the owners of Villa could shell out some proper money to buy. We get a £750k back up right back and are expected to be grateful.

Edited by BarclayWazza