Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

How do the club restore the feel good factor around Carrow Road?....

It has become obvious to me and many others that the feel good factor that had been around this club for the last couple of seasons has died.

Speak to any supporter and the excitement one used to feel about the prospect of a home game just isn''t really there any more.

Optimism and excitement for the future are non existent amongst fans. Ashtons sale really put the bullet to the head for this.

There is no atmosphere at the games anymore. I have spoken to several friends who are season ticket holders about this and they agreed with me that no one is excited about our football club anymore.

Now that we are affectively out of the running for the play off''s the lack of atmosphere at the Carrow Road is going to increase. What will increase due to the way that fans are feeling at the moment is the negativity and moaning. I really beleive that in a few weeks time everyone will be glad that this retched season is over.

A poor performance coupled with defeat against Reading really will bang the nail in the coffin of our play off hopes if Preston win that night also. This is to leave a horrible background  in which to play the next home game against Ipswich particularly if no new signings have been made or even worse we sign Andy Gray.

If i was a board member i would be very worried about he season ticket renewals. Quite a few current season ticket holders will only renew for next season if they feel that there is hope for a decent crack at promotion. If no new signings are made in this January window no more players can be brought untill the summer. No new signings being made will make, i am sure quite a few people not bother to renew.

The big question i want to ask though is how do the board return the feel good factor to Carrow Road. How do the club give supporters hope and optimism for the future?

I feel that the only way may be a change of management. Even if we sign Greg Halford and Cameron Jerome and say Davenport i will not be excited by the prospect of next season with a team under the control of Nigel Worthington. We had a team with Dean Ashton and Darren Huckerby in it this season and we have still only managed mid table whilst taking a few thrashings in the process so why should we improve with a couple of new players? However, give me those players and our current team under the management of say Mike Newell and I will be relishing the start of the new season in the summer.

The trouble is Worthington has lost the confidence of the vast majority of supporters, confidence that i don''t think anything barring a consistent run of excellent results and performances can bring back.

The board have to make a decision with regards to Nigel based on the facts alone. The have to be like a jury in a criminal case in that they cannot allow emotion to cloud or influence their views.

The decision whether or not to keep Nigel Worthington on as manager for next season will have massive bearing on the long term future of the club imo. That may sound dramatic but if we are not promoted next season then our chances of going up again in the future are much slimmer due to the loss of the parachute payments and it''s inevitable consequences.

So Delia, Michael, Neil, Roger and Co think very carefully about the future of Mr Worthington and of this football club because if you go against what i feel is the majority view regarding Nigel and he fails next season we will not forget and our view of you could be tainted forever.

OTBC

absolutely, the spirit of the club is being severly tested this season.  even against a side 4th in the championship, i wasn''t looking forward to the match with gusto, but i still wanted to go.  2 of the people i go with, turned up 5 mins after kick-off - they said they were happy and content to stay in the pub for the afternoon and only turned up becuase they paid for the ticket.  they went down for half time, and didn''t come out for the 2nd half.  if this story is repeated throughout the fan base, how many will renew their season tickets?

I habe noticed more and more new posters have posted on this board against worthy, almost the entire wrath of the barclay board are.

In fact the some KTFers dont even post due to the huge amount of "Moanerss and Whingers"

What on earth have we got to whinge about?? I dont no either?? everything is bright and rosey.

If we lose to ipswich there WILL be a riot

How long before carrow Road cracks

Duke

I think, despite other''s opinions to the contrary, that you do speak for a lot of City fans, myself included.  Thanks for a well reasoned post. 

All of these things are a must over the course of the rest of the season

1 x New Right Back

2 x Natural Wingers

2 x Forwards (IMO McK= *****d, WLY= bosman, Thorne = Kit Man

2 x Milfielders (sorry freudalent slip, but I''ll leave it anyway!)

1 x New Manager (Prority No.1)