Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Match thread

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Can't blame this all on injuries, because we chose not to name 25 players.... we named 23.

We should have spent more money, or made full use of our loan spots, as simple as that. 

Spot on.

We wouldn't have gone up last season playing like this. 

The passing once we get into the final third has been some of the worst I've ever seen. 

• Like 1

Unacceptable, dismal, appalling performance. Even allowing for the injuries this has been dreadful. Struggling right now to see the point of getting into the premier league under these owners. They don’t ever really try to keep us there. 

44 minutes ago, kirku said:

Another dreadful suggestion. Drop our most effective striker (by a country mile) into the 10 to accommodate Drmic (who has been thoroughly underwhelming in the glimpses we've seen)?

You complete mug. 

Dropping Stiepermann who has spurned 6 chances today for Drmic and having one of the strikers as the number 10 is a good idea to anybody with a brain. You clearly aren't one of them.

• 33McGovern 5/10
  • 2Aarons 6/10
  • 24Amadou 5/10
  • 4Godfrey 5/10
  • 12Lewis 5/10
  • 10Leitner 5/10
  • 23McLean 6/10
  • 17Buendía 4/10
  • 18Stiepermann 3/10
  • 14Cantwell 3/10
  • 22Pukki 5/10

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Unacceptable, dismal, appalling performance. Even allowing for the injuries this has been dreadful. Struggling right now to see the point of getting into the premier league under these owners. They don’t ever really try to keep us there. 

I thought our previous financial problems stemmed from then trying to do just that. And it was made quite clear this was a long-term project which might well involve getting relegated straight back, but which would leave us in a financially stable position so we could try again, only eventually with a better chance of staying up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I can't believe fans behind the goal were celebrating that goal of ours. 

What on earth. 

That's Norwich fans for you.

Offering support and encouragement in all circumstances and sticking with the team throughout the good and bad is why I think we have such a fantastic fanbase.

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I thought our previous financial problems stemmed from then trying to do just that. And it was made quite clear this was a long-term project which might well involve getting relegated straight back, but which would leave us in a financially stable position so we could try again, only eventually with a better chance of staying up.

That's all well and good, but its not too much to expect us to have named a full 25 going into the season. Especially when you only had 3 fit centre backs at that point and a manager who claims he would try 3 at the back if he had enough fit centre backs. 

That's not asking for a £30m striker, that's just asking for sufficient depth to mitigate the risk of an injury crisis. If we'd used that full 25 we'd be doing a better job of mitigating this injury crisis.

I doubt I'll ever experience a house fire, but I still have a fire extinguisher and house insurance.  

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 3

Thank **** that’s over! We’re in a whole world of problems and I honestly can’t see how we’re getting out of them. We desperately need Zimmerman back in that defense but all of our midfield options are far too lightweight and knocked off the ball easily

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

They may well think that but it’s utter nonsense to rely on getting back up again if we get relegated. We could just as easily end up like Stoke. The best way to establish ourselves in the premier league is to stay up.

And the problem with Naismith and Jarvis was not spending money it was spending money on the wrong players (panic buys) and giving them stupid contracts. If you buy the right players (which we would admittedly be more likely to do now) then in most cases they will have resale value. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThorpeCanary said:

That's Norwich fans for you.

Offering support and encouragement in all circumstances and sticking with the team throughout the good and bad is why I think we have such a fantastic fanbase.

OK great. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

If we get relegated straight away, then it's no more successful than previous regimes, in fact less successful.   It's nothing more than supposition that we would have a better chance of staying up, if we ever did get back up under the current regime.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's all well and good, but its not too much to expect us to have named a full 25 going into the season. Especially when you only had 3 fit centre backs at that point and a manager who claims he would try 3 at the back if he had enough fit centre backs. 

That's not asking for a £30m striker, that's just asking for sufficient depth. 

Spot on. We can blame injuries and we should as I’ve never known a team to be hit like this. But the option of buying two more into the squad was there and we chose not to. That’s looking like a poor decision now

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You complete mug. 

Dropping Stiepermann who has spurned 6 chances today for Drmic and having one of the strikers as the number 10 is a good idea to anybody with a brain. You clearly aren't one of them.

Hilarious.

Playing Pukki in the hole is "a good idea to anybody with a brain"!? 

Call an ambulance, my sides have split.

1 minute ago, JF said:

Thank **** that’s over! We’re in a whole world of problems and I honestly can’t see how we’re getting out of them. We desperately need Zimmerman back in that defense but all of our midfield options are far too lightweight and knocked off the ball easily

Don't mention being lightweight.  I got slaughtered just before the start of the season for suggesting this.

That was one of the most abject and inept performances by a Norwich team in years, awful. We have been well and truly rumbled , we either need to change the game plan and set up or we are destined for a long, miserable season at the foot of the table 

Just now, kirku said:

Hilarious.

Playing Pukki in the hole is "a good idea to anybody with a brain"!? 

Call an ambulance, my sides have split.

I must have missed your tenure as Finland manager. 

In all honesty,  I want NCFC to do well, yeah I'm a critical a-hole, but come on, I'm sick to death of this boards lacklustre approach... up, down, up down, no point at all. Why don't the board just set an all time low target of say mid table league one and be done with it.

Funnily enough,  I genuinely thought we'd win today. B0llocks... we go again!

Edited by Carra Rud

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I must have missed your tenure as Finland manager. 

He plays as a lone striker for Finland, genius.

15 minutes ago, Carra Rud said:
  • 33McGovern 5/10
  • 2Aarons 6/10
  • 24Amadou 5/10
  • 4Godfrey 5/10
  • 12Lewis 5/10
  • 10Leitner 5/10
  • 23McLean 6/10
  • 17Buendía 4/10
  • 18Stiepermann 3/10
  • 14Cantwell 3/10
  • 22Pukki 5/10