Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Match thread

Think a few players need to be dropped now. You can't go on with some of these individual **** performances week after week without losing your place. Injury crisis or not, some of our supposed locked in starters have been dreadful lately.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JF said:

Maybe, but if we do we are in a fantastic position to build again

I want to stay in the PL ... how about you? This is pathetic!!! Remember Colchester?

1 minute ago, ROBFLECK said:

I want to stay in the PL ... how about you? This is pathetic!!! Remember Colchester?

The voice of reason. Thanks Flecky, what a legend he was!

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

We clearly need to change our game plan

Aye. At least a change in forward line up. Even a substitution would be nice.

I hate to say it, but I think the verdict of whether Stiepy is a premier league player or not is in, and it's an emphatic "no".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carn said:

Think a few players need to be dropped now. You can't go on with some of these individual **** performances week after week without losing your place. Injury crisis or not, some of our supposed locked in starters have been dreadful lately.

Everyone’s injured so how can you drop them? 

When we are 4 down surely substitutions should be made to try and change things.

When you look at the next 6 fixtures I can only see us getting points against Watford, We desperately need some change in fortune on the injury front.

1 minute ago, Orly said:

I hate to say it, but I think the verdict of whether Stiepy is a premier league player or not is in, and it's an emphatic "no".

We’re 4-0 down and last time I checked there’s 11 men on that pitch but yeah it’s all on Stiepermann....

Just now, JF said:

Everyone’s injured so how can you drop them? 

I actually agree with you on that, the real problem is not injuries but lack of investment. Chase bought land instead of players, the cook is just happy to go up and down like a yoyo.

Just now, JF said:

We’re 4-0 down and last time I checked there’s 11 men on that pitch but yeah it’s all on Stiepermann....

Spot on 

when we all know the real issue is Cantwell 

14 minutes ago, king canary said:

Injuries are bad but right now we're just not competitive even with teams that came up with us which isn't acceptable.

Villa spent something like £150m and we're absolutely ravaged by injuries. The defending has been shocking but there some serious caveats that need to be taken into account.

• Like 1

The Man City game seems a long, long time ago......0 goals scored and 8 conceded ago.....

Has it had a bad effect on the players’ mentality?

5 minutes ago, JF said:

Yes that's precisely what I said wasn't it? (heavy sarcasm)  

If you want to talk about Stiepermann's performance today, feel free to reply.

If you're going to talk at cross purposes to what I posted, please don't waste my time.

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Shut up you know it all pr*ck. 

Pukki has played 45 games in those three attacking midfield positions, including his first 2 games for us. 

Stiepermann played 45 games wide right, 25 games wide left. 

Fine, lets try nothing. This is fun.

Have you given any consideration at all to the fact that our most talented player is a natural number 10 who has been shoved out wide? No, because you are a donut. 

Give your head a shake. None of those "stats" have anything to do with Norwich, do they?!

Definitely our worst performance this season at  fortress carrow road. We actually played better at Field. Since that Man City win we have been extremely poor. Bullied out of it in most games and I am afraid to say we have been outplayed in this one. The fortress looks pretty vulnerable. 

1 minute ago, Orly said:

Yes that's precisely what I said wasn't it? (heavy sarcasm)  

If you want to talk about Stiepermann's performance today, feel free to reply.

If you're going to talk at cross purposes to what I posted, please don't waste my time.

How’s Stiepermann been any worse than Leitner, Bundia, Cantwell or McClean??? Nice scapegoating though fella

Just now, kirku said:

Give your head a shake. None of those "stats" have anything to do with Norwich, do they?!

We play two natural defensive midfielders in centre defence, and a striker in attacking midfield right now (Srbeny).

If finding a way to move Buendia to number 10 is such an 'out there' idea to you, then I suggest you have a severe lack of imagination. 

I'm taking in the game with flashscores. It just went 1:4 Norwich then corrected a minute later to 0:5 so nothing is going right

Can't blame this all on injuries, because we chose not to name 25 players.... we named 23.

We should have spent more money, or made full use of our loan spots, as simple as that. 

• Like 2

Hah, you seem to be having a bit of a hard time understanding my initial post, so I'll try one last time, and then I'll give up.

Nowhere have I blamed the loss solely on Stiepermann.  As you point out, and as I mentioned earlier in this match thread, Leitner, both CBs, and Emi also had dreadful games.

However, Marco now has the same number of premier league goals and assists as me, after 7 premier league games.   He had, was it, 6 chances today?  Looked nowhere near scoring any of them.  So whilst he may not be responsible for our defensive behaviour, he has to accept that he has had a major hand in us not scoring at all today.

Are you advocating that Marco start the next game?