Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Match thread

2 minutes ago, kirku said:

Yeah, but it's killing us in midfield as well.

Vrancic, Trybull, Tettey, Hernandez all out

Yes, but Tettey rarely played last season, Vrancic has been in and out of the side for months, although we are missing Trybull in the middle.

I don't think Cantwell is doing much wrong and not sure Hernandez would be in ahead of him at present.

2 minutes ago, Carra Rud said:

Its called having an opinion mate, yours may differ but it doesn't make mine wrong.

My opinion is that your opinion is horribly, horribly misguided and entirely wrong.

4 minutes ago, kirku said:

Yeah, but it's killing us in midfield as well.

Vrancic, Trybull, Tettey, Hernandez all out

May as well put Famewo in at centre half and move Amadou into defensive midfield role. Roberts must be worth a full half now

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

You not good at maths  then. If we score more than them  then we win. That's a fact.

Defending like we have we’ll need to be a lot more clinical than we have in this half to outscore them!. Mings is the difference here. We can blame injuries and we should because they are destroying us but 3 of that back 4 are first choice starters and that defending was abysmal 

Great save from McGovern. But we are missing Tim, McGovern is hesitant to play the ball out from the back and it’s creating indicision and confusion.

6 minutes ago, kirku said:

Stipi having a bit of a mare

I think we really need to try Buendia through the middle and stick him out on the right (or Roberts). He's wasting good chances every game, Emi more likely to bury one.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Well that was depressing!! Some early changes needed or something put in their tea.

1 minute ago, Indy_Bones said:

Yes, but Tettey rarely played last season, Vrancic has been in and out of the side for months, although we are missing Trybull in the middle.

I don't think Cantwell is doing much wrong and not sure Hernandez would be in ahead of him at present.

But that's just looking at it like-for-like.

The defensive injuries aren't allowing us to play Amadou for what he was signed for, the central MF injuries mean we have no options to change the balance either in the starting XI or as subs. Hernandez out also limits Farke's ability to change the front 4 (or drop Stipi further back).

We literally have no options other than the ones that are starting at the moment (aside from Roberts, who doesn't seem to be fancied, for whatever reason).

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think we really need to try Buendia through the middle and stick him out on the right. He's wasting good chances every game.

Stipi can't play wide. It's another area where the injuries are hurting us.

4 minutes ago, canarycop said:

May as well put Famewo in at centre half and move Amadou into defensive midfield role. Roberts must be worth a full half now

No, if you think we're defending badly now (which we absolutely are) sticking Famewo on is only going to compound the issue. Farke's shown many times that he'll put youngsters in if they're good enough.

Just now, kirku said:

We literally have no options other than the ones that are starting at the moment (aside from Roberts, who doesn't seem to be fancied, for whatever reason).

We don't need to change the front three to see that its not working out for Stepi through the middle, need to try Cantwell or Emi as the number 10. So there 'literally' are options. Another is to use Pukki in attacking midfield and start Drmic.

Poor half. Got to be better in the second. Very frustrating from a defensive point of view. I accept the injuries haven't helped but we have also had these problems for years.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kirku said:

Stipi can't play wide. It's another area where the injuries are hurting us.

He was decent out wide last season. 

Pukki an option for the attacking mid spots, played his first couple of games for us behind Rhodes!

We’re getting possession and shots but no end product. Might want to try Drmic or Buendia in for Steipi we can always put Roberts wide right if we more Buendia inside. 

We should at least have one goal by now. If we can’t mark crosses we might as well put Famewo on and move Amadou into midfield.

The next goal needs to be ours.

Edited by Bonzo

8 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

My opinion is that your opinion is horribly, horribly misguided and entirely wrong.

Not sure what you mean? We cannot defend, Farke does nothing to change it. We aren't winning any games. We are currently losing 0-2 to a poor Villa side. We have neVer had investment when needed. We are playing a virtual C team as a result. Do you want me to go on. 

Been following City since the 70's. Nothing has ever changed EVER! The whole setup is just a play thing for the OAP cook and her cronies.

1 minute ago, Bonzo said:

We’re getting possession and shots but no end product. Might want to try Drmic or Buendia in for Steipi we can always put Philips wide right if we more Buendia inside. 

Adam Phillips was released and signed for Burnley mate, plus he couldn't get in the Cambridge side?

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He was decent out wide last season. 

Pukki an option for the attacking mid spots, played his first couple of games for us behind Rhodes!

None of those things are remotely viable. Stipi has never played well out wide (that I can remember). It's only really his physical presence in the 10 role that makes him somewhat effective

2 minutes ago, Carra Rud said:

Not sure what you mean? We cannot defend, Farke does nothing to change it. We aren't winning any games. We are currently losing 0-2 to a poor Villa side. We have neVer had investment when needed. We are playing a virtual C team as a result. Do you want me to go on. 

Been following City since the 70's. Nothing has ever changed EVER! The whole setup is just a play thing for the OAP cook and her cronies.

You're Vince arent you?

I don’t see what Farke can do to change the pattern of the match here. Other than tighten up at the back which is obviously not going to happen! We’re so open and so slack at picking them up that they will continue to get chances and they have the one stand out defender on the pitch. Hopefully regroup after the international match and go again but it’s looking more and more likely we will need significant signings in the window to stand a chance 

Edited by JF

We are going down, sorry, it's early days I know, but with the injuries and this kind of defending... I am sorry...

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We don't need to change the front three to see that its not working out for Stepi through the middle, need to try Cantwell or Emi as the number 10. So there 'literally' are options. Another is to use Pukki in attacking midfield and start Drmic.

Another dreadful suggestion. Drop our most effective striker (by a country mile) into the 10 to accommodate Drmic (who has been thoroughly underwhelming in the glimpses we've seen)?

Just now, ROBFLECK said:

We are going down, sorry, it's early days I know, but with the injuries and this kind of defending... I am sorry...

No need to be sorry fella, its so obvious.

18 minutes ago, Carra Rud said:

It's called having an opinion mate, yours may differ but it doesn't make mine wrong.

Although a quick look at your posting history suggests you only have an opinion when you have something negative / vile to say. 

1 minute ago, ROBFLECK said:

Maybe, but if we do we are in a fantastic position to build again

Just now, ThorpeCanary said:

Although a quick look at your posting history suggests you only have an opinion when you have something negative / vile to say. 

That's original Thorpey, have another try.

1 minute ago, JF said:

Maybe, but if we do we are in a fantastic position to build again

Yep so true, get back up, then straight back down. Thanks for the insight Einstein.

23 minutes ago, Carra Rud said:

Its called having an opinion mate, yours may differ but it doesn't make mine wrong.

Saying Farke is an idiot is completely wrong. Go outside and have a word with yourself FFS. 

• Like 1