Sign in to follow this  
RFC_1871

Reading away

With you guys not doing as well as you would of hoped this season so far, how do see the game between us and you?. Are you going to fill your allocation which now I believe is 2,000 as our away end has been split due to a lot of ‘part time supporters’ have decided they want come and watch. The game last time you came down was a great game shame about the result.  Would nice to see a full away end as we havnt had one in a while. How’s Andy Hughes doing down there now, heard you were giving him a bit of grief earlier on this season, have his performances got any better?

Urzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

welcome RFC.funny how things can turn around in 2 years or less. big game, so expect 1500 plus city fans, not sure if allocation will sell out.  andy''s playing in a mask, which judging by some of his play slips over his eye''s every now and then.  he''s got a good engine, A1 attitude and gives his all, but he hasn''t looked the answer for us unfortuantly. you''re due for a slump at some point, so we''re hoping the dreaded mid-season break will leave your lot still on holiday mode and with a bit of luck (including deflections off the ref) we''ll give a good account of ourselves.  a draw at present would be a good result for us.

Well as for our slump, i just can''t see it, i have watched this team since 92 virtually every home game and most away and i havnt seen a better team, we look so so strong at the back , sonko seems to win everything and up front we seem to have picked a cherry with kevin doyle, the bloke is a legend, he runs his nuts off all day is great on the ball, has skill good in the air and can finish and all this for £70,000.  I did not go to the game we won 1-0 earlier this season but i heard we were a bit lucky, but at home especially in the 2nd half going forward the crowd acts like a 12th man. Although would quite happily take a point if we can beat sheff utd away on the 14th

i was at the game 2 years ago and yes it was a great game (the ref had a blinder) it was us on the role you guys are on now!  i will be there next week and it hurts to say it but your midfield will rip us to bits, i cant see us gettin anything other than a look at mr worthingtons new buys im just hoping there better than his summer ones (andy hughes and co)

Hoooozey is admired for his effort and spirit but I doubt he would be a popular choice for either captain or a regular starting berth.

How has his absence affected your team?  [:-(]

Hughes is pants. You got a great deal when we paid you 500K !

However we have had the last laugh, selling Ashton, who was also pants, to West Ham for an incredible 7.5 million !

7.5 million is a joke, i though the 3 million you paid was a bit high but making a 3.5 million profit is good going, as for hughesey that signing helped us sign Gunnarson who has been fantastic for us this season. Hope all those who come down have a good day out and they will be welcomed by all those in Berkshire.

[quote user="RFC_1871"]Well as for our slump, i just can''t see it, [/quote]every team has a slump - even chelsea!  Drawing away at sunderland and at home to charlton isn''t like them and is probably the closest they''re going to get to a slump!  To be honest, thought reading looked work man like at carrow rd - but obviously they can play tons better than that.  Still fancy us to draw.

[quote user="steve hale"]Should be a close game with out elite manager think you might just sneak it 6-0 tho :)
[/quote]

we are going to loose, simple enough

funny about the post about us 2 seasons ago, thinking back it was totally the opposite way round, us on a role and going for promotion and reading hovering around mid-table, how times change!

Just got my ticket - must be mad, or looking to join a S&M club...   First away trip for 9/10 years...

At least you know what to expect ZLF!! After 9/10 years off the road you''ll find nothing has really changed, just more of the anxious defending we now see regularly at the ground formerly referred to as FCR!!!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Just got my ticket - must be mad, or looking to join a S&M club...   First away trip for 9/10 years...[/quote]

Zipper, you part time supporter!  Maybe you might bump into Meeky and myself, yes we have long been members of that said club, so far this season have seen some stunning away performances, such as Stoke, Watford and Luton, oh and Leicester.  Here''s hoping...........

If had known you were going with that track record I wouldnt have wasted my £19!!!  No need to rub it in - I am not a true fan and dont deserve the right to share my thoughts on here! [;)]  

I am takingt he opportunity of working in Worthing for the week, being awau from home anyway to sample a miserable evening (Worthings like that anyway)  - I am apparently in Block R27 rowcc wherever that may be...

I have been to away games before kids and am just hoping that the famed away support is as vocal and loyal as its repute...  

Im going.....to see my first norwich game since they played at swindon in the zenith data systems cup!!  So long ago i forget the year.  Dont get much more part time than that, although i do wear my shirt, scarf, and hat around Wiltshire with pride....oh,  till a few games into this season anyway.

Cant wait, even tho we will like most predict, get stuffed.  Im just hoping we can scramble a goal in for something to celebrate, even though it wont be followed by the good old Samba tune ala carrow road (i always turn the radio up for that!).

My tickets were in the post today apparantly...come on mr postie tomorrow morn!

Matt

I reckopn there will be 1200-1500 fans. It will depend if we bring anyone in. I''m not sure if I''ll be going due to lack of holiday time. However if we sign Halfdrd, Jerome, Wright and McSheffrey - I might give it some thought.

If not see you all at Hull. Oh and Ipswich of course.

Just thought id say hello to the people who are going to be there on

tues, hopefully there be lots of us, mainly cos its gonna be really

cold [:)] only my second away match ever, and although im more

than a little nervous im looking forward to it too, also i live in

reading now so im happy i finally get to see the stadium.  Bring

on the Royals! (but only if they let us win...)