Sign in to follow this  
pete

Villa must win

So says Melissa Rudd on the Pink Un.  I tend to agree certainly is a mustn't lose.  A loss will affect the confidence of the fans regarding the optimism regarding staying up.  After all we have been good at home except in 2nd half against Chelsea but loss to Villa after Man C result is unthinkable.

Lets put the £140m team in the shade after eclipsing the £700m team last time.

3 hours ago, pete said:

So says Melissa Rudd on the Pink Un.  I tend to agree certainly is a mustn't lose.  A loss will affect the confidence of the fans regarding the optimism regarding staying up.  After all we have been good at home except in 2nd half against Chelsea but loss to Villa after Man C result is unthinkable.

Lets put the £140m team in the shade after eclipsing the £700m team last time.

I think you mean ... Villa, a must win

However thanks for bringing it to our attention that winning games is important, as I'm sure that up to this point most fans were quite unaware of the need to win games.

At this stage of the season, no games are “must wins” or even “must not lose-s”(?). 

There are a few games in April (and Burnley in May) which might well end up being must-wins if we need points to stay up before the Chelsea and Man City games in May...but when you have shown you can beat even the likes of Man City and there are points left on the board, then no game in October is a must win.

• Like 2

Realistically it’s a game which must be a target for three points! Villa will be considered as one of our rivals for relegation and being at home means we need to win. Though not a must win I’m sure Farke will be wanting to take three points from this game as it could be seen as a 6 pointer come the end of the season.

As for Villa fans they’ve always been the most deluded fans I’ve ever met! They’re the stereotypical we’re a big club and think they’re bigger than they are, Leeds and the binners in the same camp!

5 hours ago, Bill said:

However thanks for bringing it to our attention that winning games is important, as I'm sure that up to this point most fans were quite unaware of the need to win games.

*a must-win.

Hyphenated as it's a compound adjective (~ game).

Good old Lawro has this down as 1-1. Michael Jordan, this week’s BBC “celebrity who knows nothing about football” has us winning 2-0.

If we had a full squad I'd say we should be looking at this for 3 points and I'm sure we still will but a point in our current circumstances wouldn't be bad.

7 hours ago, K Lo said:

*a must-win.

Hyphenated as it's a compound adjective (~ game).

ah yes, I wondered who would be the first to spot that 😉

14 hours ago, Bill said:

There’s some real **** on this forum, this poster stands out as the top candidate for the award though. It’s a football discussion board and the op has posted a topic for discussion...

• Like 1

But anyway, ignoring the forum clown... Yes, with our current injury crisis and our performances away from home this season, as much as I hate to use must win, in the circumstances we find ourselves in it probably is.

10 minutes ago, JF said:

There’s some real **** on this forum, this poster stands out as the top candidate for the award though. It’s a football discussion board and the op has posted a topic for discussion...

though unlike you I did not feel the need to use naughty language in my contribution

but well done for your use of the word clown - and your unflagging ability to get angry with my posts

we need more people to get angry.... perhaps you know some who could help 😉

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

though unlike you I did not feel the need to use naughty language in my contribution

but well done for your use of the word clown - and your unflagging ability to get angry with my posts

we need more people to get angry.... perhaps you know some who could help 😉

To be fair it wasn’t even a word that should have been blocked out! What we certainly don’t need is you trawling every thread on the forum belittling people for posting...

I hate it when people start talking about "must-win" games when it's only just the start of October.  It's not.  A win would be a massive plus, a defeat would be a major disappointment but not the end of the world and certainly not the end of the season.  There's no such thing as a must-win game at this point in the season.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JF said:

To be fair it wasn’t even a word that should have been blocked out! What we certainly don’t need is you trawling every thread on the forum belittling people for posting...

every thread ?

perhaps you could point out janother

ust the one other thread will do for now

ps the comment was not about posting but the content of that post

The phrasing of the title gives a completely opposite impression to the content of the post, but then Pete’s punctuation is not his strong point.

14 hours ago, Rivvo said:

The phrasing of the title gives a completely opposite impression to the content of the post, but then Pete’s punctuation is not his strong point.

Don't give him something else to worry about, there's enough on his plate already!

We have a long way to go before any side is into “must win” territory.

Neither side will pick up many points away from home this season. Either side would be happy with a point but with all our injuries this is,a real opportunity for them. Just hope we're up for a battle.

Villa must win.....and they certainly did...... The league table don't  lie......and 21 goals conceded.......Hope the Man City victory isn't our only highlight of the season.......