Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Lewis in NI squad

Yep, looks that way, of course City may not yet have informed NI officially of his injury. Fingers cycle positive outcome.whatever transpires.

Would have been nice for club to inform us same time as NI, cut out all the unnecessary worrying.

Still doubtful according to Pink Un how long does it take to diagnose broken elbow, obviously not a broken elbow unless diagnosis done at N & N and if so he might still be in A&E.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm sure Northern Ireland would've confirmed his availability. 

Sounds like good news to me!

I'm not 100% sure how the procedure works,  do the National sides request the players and are then informed of their availability or do the Clubs take it upon themselves to inform the National teams. If anyone actually knows, it would be handy information. Personally I'd prefer he didn't play for NI, therefore less chance of aggravating the injury. However, if the Club is ok with him going, so am I.

Edited by wcorkcanary

I really hope he doesn't play this weekend, we've already seen Zimmerman and Fahrmann rushed back when they weren't fully recovered and now out for a much longer term. If that happens a third time serious questions are going to have to be asked surely. Lewis needs a rest this weekend, give Heise a chance to prove himself and then Lewis gets an extra 5 days to recover before NI games, if he's not 95%+ fit by Wednesday withdraw him from the international squad. Got to put the club's needs first, unfortunately. 

Maybe someone who knows the system at this level, Bethnalo perhaps , he seems to know a fair bit, can enlighten me to the correct protocol regarding international call ups and injuries, there have been situations in the past of players being called up and then being declared unfit to play, or even attend training camps prior to internationals. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

I'm not 100% sure how the procedure works,  do the National sides request the players and are then informed of their availability or do the Clubs take it upon themselves to inform the National teams. If anyone actually knows, it would be handy information. Personally I'd prefer he didn't play for NI, therefore less chance of aggravating the injury. However, if the Club is ok with him going, so am I.

I'm not 100% sure either, but bearing in mind there was a known issue with Lewis during the Palace match, I'm sure Northern Ireland would've asked either the club or Jamal himself how he was before naming him in the squad.

31 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm not 100% sure either, but bearing in mind there was a known issue with Lewis during the Palace match, I'm sure Northern Ireland would've asked either the club or Jamal himself how he was before naming him in the squad.

I get your point Wackyo, my interest is now in the actual Protocol, which surely there must be. How does the call up mechanism actually work, is it standardised by rules that govern the order of enquiry as to availability, confirmation or denial of such, so on.

I may have to Google it. In fact, here i go.

I havent found anything thats specifically lays out the order of contact, or at what point this information becomes public. So if anybody knows for sure........

16 hours ago, andyc24_uk said:

I really hope he doesn't play this weekend, we've already seen Zimmerman and Fahrmann rushed back when they weren't fully recovered and now out for a much longer term. If that happens a third time serious questions are going to have to be asked surely. Lewis needs a rest this weekend, give Heise a chance to prove himself and then Lewis gets an extra 5 days to recover before NI games, if he's not 95%+ fit by Wednesday withdraw him from the international squad. Got to put the club's needs first, unfortunately. 

I'd prefer not to have Heise playing. Have seen very little to suggest he's up to it. If Lewis doesn't play then I think Max to left back and Byram on the right would be the plan.

I hope we withdraw as many of our players from these latest internationals as we can get away with. We can't afford any more injuries and the constant international fixtures at this time of year are slightly taking the p**s.

Farke in press conf: will play with elbow taped up - 'he's not that good at throw-ins anyway!' - lol.