Sign in to follow this  
oh huckerby

ENGLAND MANAGER SHOULD BE ENGLISH?

Stuart pearce and Big Sam seem to be the favourites but who ever gets the job will get slaughtered in the press! Ian Wright should be part of the set up in some shape or form as his passion and enthusiasm would be good for all concerned.

personally i believe that the next manager should be Irish, Northern Irish. In fact i think it shoiuld be our very own NW (at least Ashton would rot)

None of the English managers are much good - Stuart Pearce is too inexperienced, and Big Sam would be the new Graham Taylor. Big Phil Scolari or Guus Hiddink for me please!

I`ll sling a new name in the hat Terry Butcher hes English and done a really good job at Motherwell and seams to have lernt from his mistakes at Coventry and Sunderland.He has played at the highest level World Cup, Champions Lge also won the UEFA Cup with that team who escapes me for the minute its worth a punt better than long ball Sam and we cant win our last 10 games every season Curbs.

Or will I get shouted down cause hes an ex binner remember what the ex binner England manager aceived :)

In an ideal world we should have an english manager.  However none of the candidates has any proven success record (1 trophy between curbs, big sam, mclaren and Pearce) in the english league and a grand total of 3 seasons competing in a european season.  

IMO it is no coincidence that our two best managers were also the most experienced and succesful in Europe than we have had - Robson with Tahn and Venables with Barca - in comparison this 4 have league one experience.  None have experience of managing a group of super egos.  Passion/effort is an over rated concept - it didnt work for keegan (and there is no moe passionatemanager than him) as a manager no the likes of Hughes on the pitch.

Novices can succeed (Van Basten in Holland) but its pretty rare.

Of these 5, inc butcher, McLaren does not inspire, big sams seems to be wilting under pressure at bolton this season given his banning of alan green for telling the truth (how would he cope withthe english pressure??) Pearce seems to have his head screwed on admitting its a farce he is even being considered (but he is one we should be grooming for a managers time say) Butcher hs only done scotland which leaves Curbs, a one club man. Are his achievements there any more than Gradis at Crewe?  Impossible to judge I say. IMO none are ready.

O''Neil is an interesting option - could he do that job and look after his wife - possibly, but his style of football is not attractive.

Which in reality only leaves a foreigner where there an numerous high quality candidates ready to be slaughter by our press;  Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Rehagel, Capello, Scolari are have the level of european & domestic success and managing hugh profile clubs and egos to be flexible enough to react well during a game as well as the mental ability to get the best prep for a decent set of players.

My personal fave is Hiddink who has an enormous success factor whichever team he has managed - bring him in on a contract no more than 4 years  and see how he does and groom Pearce at the same time.