Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Club Hands Out Three year Bans.

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Are these the ones who let/sold Man City fans have their seats?

OK, just seen that it was Upper Barclay, the ones I was thinking of was Lower Barclay.

7 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Are these the ones who let/sold Man City fans have their seats?

nope, they were City fans in the Barclay upper

most likely recist abuse/chanting etc

however full details will emerge when/if that goes to trial

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

nope, they were City fans in the Barclay upper

most likely recist abuse/chanting etc

however full details will emerge when/if that goes to trial

It says an ' altercation ' and the decision taken was made after consulting the Police. It would be unusual to take action before any impending court case so it looks to me this is a final outcome.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Didn't used to have all this when old Handlebars ruled the roost...

Image may contain: 1 person, shoes, child and outdoor
Hang on a minute Nutty as this caper went on at your very first game v Sheff Wed back in 1967. It is believed to be Sgt Fred Jolly who i vaguely remember but i am sure PC Ivan ' Handlebars ' Kidgell was there somewhere.
Edited by TIL 1010

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Never seen that picture before!! I'll show it at Still On The Ball tomorrow.

Did Ricardo get away....

Yeah he did but Lapps was already in custody.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Didn't used to have all this when old Handlebars ruled the roost...

old git shut the smaller door once when we were comimg up the steps, and didn'topen it until a minute or so

he always used to be stood near that door

I think he enjoyed the boisteressness of it all as much as we did 😉

56 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think that's what passed for half time #entertainment' in those days - it was a variation on the playground game 'British bulldog'

if you were caught when trying to get from one side of the pitch to the other you had to put on a long coat and a funny hat

I think it was also known as police recruitment as well

which meant the local constabulary took in some rathet odd chaps back then 😋

I know one of the men in the 'altercation'. He said to the other 'norwich fan' you're a man city fan arent you as he didnt get in on any chants or celebrate after the first goal. So the other man said I'm from norwich so what does it matter. Then he tried to attack the guy I know very well, they fell down a few rows of seats and then the man city fan BIT the norwich fan and left a massive bruise on him. The norwich fan walked down to the turnstile to talk to stewards as they saw it, then got told he was going to go to Wymondham for questioning. Then after that he got told he could get done for affray when he did nothing. The police released him 22 hours later with no charge. He has 14 days to appeal the decision. If NCFC dont agree with the events he tells them then they can extend his ban.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

What's with all the ties  ?

Back then it must have been formal dress code for adults at FA Cup ties  😉

yes, they were all wearing......................................................FA Cup ties !

10 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I know one of the men in the 'altercation'. He said to the other 'norwich fan' you're a man city fan arent you as he didnt get in on any chants or celebrate after the first goal. So the other man said I'm from norwich so what does it matter. Then he tried to attack the guy I know very well, they fell down a few rows of seats and then the man city fan BIT the norwich fan and left a massive bruise on him. The norwich fan walked down to the turnstile to talk to stewards as they saw it, then got told he was going to go to Wymondham for questioning. Then after that he got told he could get done for affray when he did nothing. The police released him 22 hours later with no charge. He has 14 days to appeal the decision. If NCFC dont agree with the events he tells them then they can extend his ban.

thanks for the update

35 minutes ago, Bill said:

thanks for the update

I dont know if that's sarcasm? Will be interesting to see what the club say about appeal 

25 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I dont know if that's sarcasm? Will be interesting to see what the club say about appeal 

nope, certainly not

up to your post it was just an 'altercation' .... or something 🤔

So one man was a Man City supporter who lives in Norwich (allegedly).  So allegedly he got upset when confronted by the Norwich supporter and then lost his temper.....I wonder if that was because of being confronted or because his team were losing......either way it shows what can happen when supporters get in the wrong section.

Really it shouldn't be a problem, but you get d*ckheads everywhere. If you think the person next to you is not a home supporter and is minding his own business, why confront them?  He has nothing to cheer, his team are losing 2-0, he is not going to be happy being among Norwich fans, but is he going to be any problem to anyone?  No.....unless confronted.  

If a fan of any kind is being a problem, tell stewards, if he is not being a problem, leave him be.

Edited by lake district canary

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So one man was a Man City supporter who lives in Norwich (allegedly).  So allegedly he got upset when confronted by the Norwich supporter and then lost his temper.....I wonder if that was because of being confronted or because his team were losing......either way it shows what can happen when supporters get in the wrong section.

Really it shouldn't be a problem, but you get d*ckheads everywhere. If you think the person next to you is not a home supporter and is minding his own business, why confront them?  He has nothing to cheer, his team are losing 2-0, he is not going to be happy being among Norwich fans, but is he going to be any problem to anyone?  No.....unless confronted.  

If a fan of any kind is being a problem, tell stewards, if he is not being a problem, leave him be.

He simply asked him if he was a man city fan then he kicked off. But biting is ok? Sod it, let's all ditch away seats and mix the stadium, let apparent home fans buy season tickets and sell tickets off per game and make money. Good logic LDC you ****

14 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

He simply asked him if he was a man city fan then he kicked off. But biting is ok? Sod it, let's all ditch away seats and mix the stadium, let apparent home fans buy season tickets and sell tickets off per game and make money. Good logic LDC you ****

I didn't say it was right that supporters get in with home fans, just that if he wasn't causing a problem, leave him alone. It's not that difficult a concept.

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If a fan of any kind is being a problem, tell stewards, if he is not being a problem, leave him be

If you missed out on a ticket for a home match and then found out there were a couple of hundred away fans dotted about in home areas “not being a problem” would you be ok with that ? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Hang on a minute Nutty as this caper went on at your very first game v Sheff Wed back in 1967. It is believed to be Sgt Fred Jolly who i vaguely remember but i am sure PC Ivan ' Handlebars ' Kidgell was there somewhere.

Which stand was this? If it's the River End I could be there right at the front!

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Do you not think that when you have away fans popping up in the home end, this is taking up a Norwich fan's chance to get a ticket? That surely isn't right, so in my view, there isn't anything wrong with finding out which side they're supporting and if they're in the home section as an away fan, seek to get them ejected via the right means, ie a steward. As for any violence to deal with this situation, then that of course isn't right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Which stand was this? If it's the River End I could be there right at the front!

I would suggest that by the angle of the shadows that is the Barclay, and gven it is sunny it would have most likely have been in the second half just after Bryceland scored.

48 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

If you missed out on a ticket for a home match and then found out there were a couple of hundred away fans dotted about in home areas “not being a problem” would you be ok with that ? 

Of course I wouldn't like it but I have done it myself at away matches on occasion.  I have sat with relatives who support other clubs in their home sections...was that wrong?  I've sat with Man Utd supporters at Old Trafford because the away section was sold out. If the system allows it to happen, it will happen.

In reality the issue only becomes an actual problem if the away fan or fans in the home section cause problems by being provocative or annoying to other fans.  In this case we are told the fan was doing nothing wrong, he just wasn't cheering or applauding. Well in my book that is someone just minding their own business - and as the system somehow allowed him to be there, there should not have been a problem.

All that needs to be done is to show a bit of common sense. Just because you are a home supporter in a home section does not give you the right to start confronting other fans over their allegiance. If a fan is causing a problem or likely to incite trouble by flaunting his support for the away team then fair enough, but it is not a war zone, it is a football match. It's a sport.

Edited by lake district canary

I'm kind of with Lakey on this one. I have a mate who supports Derby and (when we're in the same league!), we've alternated between sitting home and away at Pride Park. Neither of us causes a problem when sitting with the opposition - if challenged I'd say I was neutral though. 

As an aside, I have to say he has agreed to sit in the away end several years in a row though as we have atmosphere!

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Of course I wouldn't like it but I have done it myself at away matches on occasion.  I have sat with relatives who support other clubs in their home sections...was that wrong?  I've sat with Man Utd supporters at Old Trafford because the away section was sold out. If the system allows it to happen, it will happen.

In reality the issue only becomes an actual problem if the away fan or fans in the home section cause problems by being provocative or annoying to other fans.  In this case we are told the fan was doing nothing wrong, he just wasn't cheering or applauding. Well in my book that is someone just minding their own business - and as the system somehow allowed him to be there, there should not have been a problem.

All that needs to be done is to show a bit of common sense. Just because you are a home supporter in a home section does not give you the right to start confronting other fans over their allegiance. If a fan is causing a problem or likely to incite trouble by flaunting his support for the away team then fair enough, but it is not a war zone, it is a football match. It's a sport.

the question not raised is how did he get the ticket - are we to accept that ST's re being sold to who knows who on a regular basis - as aside from the financial aspects it means the club might have a problem cjecking up on who that person was at a later date, or whether he is banned from grounds etc

You might as well say that it is ok to be in a bank wearing a mask because you are not causing trouble - a rather silly defence I would suggest