Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Lisbie? YES PLEASE!

In the wreckage of our season a few things are beginning to make me feel better.

Ashton has gone for good money and when I get back from my workout later I intend posting as to why I''m gald he left (and it has nothing to do with his payoff).

Greeno is looking like leaving. Good luck to him, he is an excellent servant of this Club who needs a change in his career, nothing wrong with that and he might just be working under the future England manager, Curbishley.

Lisbie may well form part of the Green deal. Excellent, he impressed me in his recent loan spell, he was recovering from serious illness and was out of touch; but pace, the killer in the Championship, he has it to burn and I would love to see him get up to speed in our team as when he gets his touch back he will do very well in this league.

I would like to see a wide right, ball crossing, tackling get stuck in type with Hughes put as a right back behind them and an additional centre half. A real bonus would be a mobile, young and big centre forward.

As for the cash strapped Bluebirds larging it up on the Algarve they can keep Jerome for anything over 2 million with sensible add ons. At a reasonable price I would probably accept him over Lisbie due to his potential but I would be very happy to see Lisbie come to us instead as I have had enough of egotistical ''stars'' who want to use us as a stepping stone.

agree pretty much with all your observations rude old.i was very impressed with lisbies pace also.  on his debut, within 2 mins a through ball was put through and with the blink of an eye and in 2 strides, suddenly this pocket rocket had launched himself goalwards towards the barclay end, in a ''one on one'' situation.  unfortunately, if I remember correctly, he clumsily sliced the ball wide.  never mind, the fact he got there at all means he will get opportunities and potentially goals in the future.he''s worth a punt, and in my opinion can perform at this level, more than say hendo.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]He has never had any touch or control and he has never been able to hit the target so why would he be able to at Norwich[/quote]

Managed to score at watford for us, and with the best will in the world we were c**p for most of the time he was with us anyway!

Does have pace that''s for sure, so if not too much dosh involved might be worth a punt.

I see that a few of you disagree, never mind, I anticipate the Lowestoft Looney will give Lisbie a ringing endorsement tomorrow once the home help has left.

Lisbie would be an excellent acquisition for us and he has yet to reach his potential. His lack of control mentioned is just ''ring rust'' and he would soon be scoring for fun.