Sign in to follow this  
Chelm Canary

Wilder is obsessed with Norwich.

Once again talking about Norwich, this time in his interview on match of the day, saying Norwich took their chance a few weeks ago. What on earth does that have to do with their game today?

We aren't Sheffield United and man City aren't Liverpool. 

I do think he has a problem with us. I take it as compliment but it's a little strange. 

Hope he got his Norwich City stick book in the post so he can sleep well. 

Because us (newly promoted side) against Man City (one of the top 2) and Sheff Utd (newly promoted side) against Liverpool (one of the top 2) is a very similar match up. His point was that we won by taking our chances, Sheff Utd had chances and didn’t take them so didn’t get the result we did. Fair point and a good comparison. 

A good comparison as well because it goes back to what I and others have said about our chances this season - Pukki will be what keeps us up, because he can score from a half chance. Sheff Utd today (especially with Sharp suspended) didn’t have anyone like that. Noticeably this season when Pukki doesn’t score we don’t win.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

As I said it's a compliment, but I don't understand it. Who cares who was promoted, we're all in the same league now. 

Their result today has nothing to do with Norwich. I just think its bizarre, to once again mention us after losing. 

He tells his players "be us". Go do that then. 

You have to admit he talks about Norwich a lot, and it was certainly strange to that again this afternoon. 

Agreed with Aggy, Wacky and TIL..

Our obsession with him is way more apparent to me than the other way round. The more recent time he mentioned us beating Man City was when he was directly asked about the game - what was he supposed to say? And completely agree with Aggy’s justification for the comparison yesterday - we are both two newly promoted clubs who played two home games with the odds massively stacked against us and both teams gave a very good account of themselves. We took our chances and they didn’t! I don’t see the issue with him referencing us here 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aggy said:

Because us (newly promoted side) against Man City (one of the top 2) and Sheff Utd (newly promoted side) against Liverpool (one of the top 2) is a very similar match up. His point was that we won by taking our chances, Sheff Utd had chances and didn’t take them so didn’t get the result we did. Fair point and a good comparison. 

A good comparison as well because it goes back to what I and others have said about our chances this season - Pukki will be what keeps us up, because he can score from a half chance. Sheff Utd today (especially with Sharp suspended) didn’t have anyone like that. Noticeably this season when Pukki doesn’t score we don’t win.

Pukki scored in the defeat to Chelsea......

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

6 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Pukki scored in the defeat to Chelsea......

Didn't do too well at comprehension at school.? What Aggyo said was if Pukki doesn't score, we don't win. Not ' if Pukki scores, we win'. Two very different statements.

If one must split hairs, make sure one reads the instructions on hairsplitting, otherwise one may look a little daft.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

I will double down. I think you're all wrong and I'm right. 

My friends have nicknamed me Donald. 

EDIT: Trump, not Duck. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

8 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Didn't do too well at comprehension at school.? What Aggyo said was if Pukki doesn't score, we don't win. Not ' if Pukki scores, we win'. Two very different statements.

If one must split hairs, make sure one reads the instructions on hairsplitting, otherwise one may look a little daft.

Thank you for your input, much appreciated and totally ignored........

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Thank you for your input, much appreciated and totally ignored........

You're  welcome Fadedo. Invoice is in the post.