2 minutes ago, andy cousins said:

nominations for the new scapegoat are coming in I see

It's our way of making him feel at home, and supported.🤭

12 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Agree with @wcorkcanary

Drmic didn't play much last season due to his injury. He got a few games in pre-season but not enough to equip him for the PL.

So he's not 'match fit' and he's coming into a new league, in a game where the opposition are shutting up shop and offering very little space. It's harsh to judge him so early - most of our squad are good examples of what can happen if you give players a bit of time!

The whole team didn't perform to their best but Palace are no mugs - they knew our strengths and didn't let us play to them. It was the same with Burnley last week.

I've run out of likes. 👍

I do think there is a bit of an issue with match fitness of squad players given the way Farke uses the squad and his unwillingness to make substitutions wheilst games are in the balance. Last season it worked out as we had a league cup run and then players got game time due to injuries to others and tended to step up to the mark but if you are Roberts and Drmic and you are not in the side then you basically are not playing or at best get a 5 minute cameo at the end of the game each week. 

Roberts in particular has been underused so far.

Agree with the cup run comment, but what's also of relevance is that some of the squad players aren't playing in the U23 games either.  Because of the number of injuries, they're needed for the first team squad, even though they're not starting.

We seem to overlooking young Adam Idah who could well do well if he is given the chance?

He is a powerful striker and who is to say he might be another Tammy Abraham in the making? He sits on the bench so i for one, would like to see him given 20 minutes 

Edited by Harry53

Probably a way behind in terms of match fitness. Clearly a good finisher but needs more first team minutes. Wasn't overly impressed by his recent performances, so needs to start putting in a shift to put pressure on Steipermann & Pukki to start. Albeit the latter unlikely to change.

5 hours ago, Harry53 said:

We seem to overlooking young Adam Idah who could well do well if he is given the chance?

He is a powerful striker and who is to say he might be another Tammy Abraham in the making? He sits on the bench so i for one, would like to see him given 20 minutes 

Farke is the one to say that currently Idah is not another Tammy Abraham. He has seen far more of him than we have and hasn't played him. Nuff said.

I thought we signed him to challenge for the Stiepermann / number 10 role as well as being a second or back up striker.  As always when results aren't going our way, there's always someone saying 'why isn't so-and-so playing or getting more time?'.

This will be controversial....

Maybe it would have been better to have brought on Drmic (or Idah/Srbeny) as the striker and moved Pukki back into the supporting role just behind. Pukki has terrific movement and passing and can spot an opportunity to put a player in on goal. He is also pretty good chasing back when needed. His best position is of course in the lead striker role but I'll be he could also do a great job supporting an out & out striker.

And no. I wasn't at the game, didn't watch a stream and haven't even seen the highlights yet.