Just back from Palace and firstly hats off to our fantastic away following. For about 80% of that game the atmosphere and support matched if not bettered anything I'd experienced away from FCR for a long, long time. 

I have been critical of Farke for not giving Drmic more of a meaningful run out but today was different. the geezer had 30 minutes (including injury time) and I have to say I thought he was absolutely woeful. His first touch was poor and he made little attempt to contest any aerial stuff. Now you would assume that he would have made damn sure he ran himself ragged and 'got stuck in'. I saw no sign of that. Fans can forgive lack of quality but they will not forgive lack of effort. Maybe he was carrying an injury, maybe he was / had been unwell. That's being unduly lenient, though, I fear. If he can look himself in the mirror tonight and honestly say............'Yeah, I gave everything',  we have serious problems I can tell you,.  

Farke needs to get to the bottom of his performance as priority One on Monday / Sunday morning. The bloke needs to be left in no doubt that any repeat of that will not be tolerated at FCR and we should play Srbeny or Idah instead. We have all seen the videos of Drmic poncing around in the Mediterranean with his film star looking wife / girl friend. Perhaps he should go back to acting. On today's performance he certainly ain't a footballer!    

But this is the opposite of last week's rant.

Not saying you're wrong because before you ask, I didn't go. So maybe you were wrong last week?

I always think it is justified to criticise individual performances on the day. Marco for instance was less than effective today. And I must admit, Drmic didn't make much of a show. That isn't to say he is a poor or bad player but today wasn't his day. Some thought Lewis was outstanding but I think sometimes he goes forward just a bit too eagerly. That doesn't mean to say I don't think he is a top player.

If someone comes on just to wind up or be over critical then their argument doesn't hold water. But I do believe that there is no point saying everything is rosy when it isn't.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I heard two other fans outside the ground making similar comments to me about Drmic. Would be interesting to find out how widely held my opinion is. My point was clearly that he did not put a shift in by any stretch of the imagination. If others disagree then that's fine.It's all about opinions, nothing more nothing less.  

Do Pig Mince and Keith Scott travel together?😈

He was awful when he came on. In particular there was one cross which went near him, unmarked on the penalty area where he inexplicably didn’t react and get a touch on it and then a shot on goal.

if Pukki gets injured we are screwed. 

28 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

No 'right' or wrongs' Nutty - just opinions. Yours is no less nor no more valid than mine.

Remind me what ..............'last weeks rant' was please as you obviously have a memory for my posts!  

If you can't remember then I can't either.

You are totally right. Everyone's opinion and post is as valid as another. As are the replies.

Except for those who didn't go?

• Like 1

There was a player out there was playing for maximum touches on the ball and played very few brave or meaningful passes. He killed our game and yet his metrics will look good, and some fans will believe he was playing for the team. But it wasn't Drmic.

So I find this focus on Drmic surprising. Admittedly he didn't look up to it but he really wasn't an influence on the team for good or bad. 

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

If you can't remember then I can't either.

You are totally right. Everyone's opinion and post is as valid as another. As are the replies.

Except for those who didn't go?

Eddie usually replies with a quote from previous posts, so without that, you can assume it didn't happen! Losing your touch NN? 

'Everyone's opinion and post is as valid as another. As are the replies.' As long as they agree with Eddie, the self appointed board moderator's view/ opinion.

I was there and thought he was far from our worst player. A little anonymous maybe but nothing more. 

Whereas I felt Cantwell had a stinker. He put in lots of effort and energy but gave the ball away repeatedly, nearly gifted them a goal when losing possession and just couldn’t string a pass together for huge periods of the game 

The positive thing is that at least he got on the pitch with a decent amount of time left and Farke did actually try something different in an attempt to change how things were going. Even though it didn't work out, that is progress.

10 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Just back from Palace and firstly hats off to our fantastic away following. For about 80% of that game the atmosphere and support matched if not bettered anything I'd experienced away from FCR for a long, long time. 

I have been critical of Farke for not giving Drmic more of a meaningful run out but today was different. the geezer had 30 minutes (including injury time) and I have to say I thought he was absolutely woeful. His first touch was poor and he made little attempt to contest any aerial stuff. Now you would assume that he would have made damn sure he ran himself ragged and 'got stuck in'. I saw no sign of that. Fans can forgive lack of quality but they will not forgive lack of effort. Maybe he was carrying an injury, maybe he was / had been unwell. That's being unduly lenient, though, I fear. If he can look himself in the mirror tonight and honestly say............'Yeah, I gave everything',  we have serious problems I can tell you,.  

Farke needs to get to the bottom of his performance as priority One on Monday / Sunday morning. The bloke needs to be left in no doubt that any repeat of that will not be tolerated at FCR and we should play Srbeny or Idah instead. We have all seen the videos of Drmic poncing around in the Mediterranean with his film star looking wife / girl friend. Perhaps he should go back to acting. On today's performance he certainly ain't a footballer!    

I think Srbeny should have come on. From what I’ve seen he always gets stuck in and if not Srbeny it should have been Idah, either one of them would have supplied a bit more muscle too.

• Like 1

Guy goes to the game. Says a player was poor. Says if he doesn’t buck his ideas up he will get replaced. Gets slaughtered by someone suggesting he is “writing off “ the player . A strange response. 

I didn’t go . Didn’t watch a stream. Probably won’t watch the highlights. Happy to read opinions from people at the game , on what happened at the game and who played well / not so well. 

• Like 1

Yeah I thought he looked very ordinary when he came on yesterday, can only echo the opinion that if Pukki gets injured that’s us done. At this level we need everyone to be on their A game and yesterday again that wasn’t the case. 

11 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

I was at Selhurst Park and 100% agree. I thought Drmic was awful - his first touch was horrific and he did not compete in the air.

Tbf to him he was playing in a ‘Midfield’ role from what I could make out...and obviously this isn’t where he wants to be.

I was actually pretty happy when he was coming on, as it was a show of intent. He was very disappointing tho, but one bad game doesn’t make him a bad player / option. 

Edited by zema abbey football genius

I wasn't at the game but I watched it all, and I wasn't impressed with him. He seemed completely invisible and didn't get involved. At least with Stiepermann, even if the end product was very poor yesterday, he puts in a shift, is always available and tries to make things happen. Drmic didn't really do any of that. 

But it's early days and let's remember that he's a centre forward and not a number ten. He also hasn't had any real match practice over the last couple of months so probably isn't even close to being 100% sharp.

Posters at the game says he was poor so posters not at the game indulge in a bout of poster bashing, sounds about par. As for Cantwell having a poor game i am surprised we have not been reminded that he comes from Dereham and is a product of the Academy which of course exempts him from criticism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah he's not really made an impact in any of his run outs from the bench- maybe unfair to judge him on so few minutes but the onus is on him to show why he should be starting and he's just not done that.

40 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Posters at the game says he was poor so posters not at the game indulge in a bout of poster bashing, sounds about par. As for Cantwell having a poor game i am surprised we have not been reminded that he comes from Dereham and is a product of the Academy which of course exempts him from criticism.

I don't think he's exempt from criticism but his excellent form this season means he's going to get cut a bit of a slack for a poor performance.

50 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Cantwell didnt have his best game but hes been brilliant so far this season and if you're wondering, then yes, as a fan of NCFC, I take much more pleasure in seeing youth products play for our first team.

Drmic didnt make an impact but hasnt he only recently got over an injury? He will probably need some more game time before anyone can judge.

Not that itll stop some, of course.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't think he's exempt from criticism but his excellent form this season means he's going to get cut a bit of a slack for a poor performance.

Well if I was coach, I would be weighing up the performances, looking at what he offers, his improvement for sure,  but also looking at his poor attempts from great chances and the balls given away that have directly led to goals against in more than one match this season. 

As for cutting him a bit of slack, why? He is a professional footballer earning a load of money.  Imo he needs to calm down a bit, stop giving silly balls away and be more effective when given a clear chance on goal. That may come with time, but if I see him give the ball away needlessly and it leads to another goal against, or miss when he should have scored, I will start to be thinking he should be taken out of the firing line.  He is young, talented and he is from Dereham, all good things - but he has to get his head right too so he can be more clinical in front of goal and be more careful with the ball.

From what I saw, and I watched the game twice( well nearly whole game twice)  Drmic looked exactly like player being dropped onto a fast moving game , not in his favoured position,  after not much game time, after a bit of an injury and he was largely ineffective no surprise really.  Todd however has had a lot of game time, not injured  and played in a familiar ,if  not favourite position and was  largely ineffective too. I swore at him more than any other player yesterday,  he came out top in one stat only .....the wcork ffs coefficient. Not Todd's greatest day, but being young he should learn from it. As I posted in match thread the whole team was guilty of  forcing passes and rushing the transition phase from defence to attack, a key pass is only a key pass when all aspects of it are correct,  too many times yesterday one or more aspect of said key pass was absent. 

• Like 1

Drmic ,Roberts and Fahrman both come and believed will be much more involved !

With injury depleted squad this players is almost never involved more than 10 15 min even team play nothing.

When injury players is back how will be they think!?

They all seems affected from almost never played and they're body language sow same at the moment.

Short to be said they are is unsettled with his new team and manager not give them any trust at all can't help them at all imo.

Agree with @wcorkcanary

Drmic didn't play much last season due to his injury. He got a few games in pre-season but not enough to equip him for the PL.

So he's not 'match fit' and he's coming into a new league, in a game where the opposition are shutting up shop and offering very little space. It's harsh to judge him so early - most of our squad are good examples of what can happen if you give players a bit of time!

The whole team didn't perform to their best but Palace are no mugs - they knew our strengths and didn't let us play to them. It was the same with Burnley last week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1