Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official match thread v C. Palace*****

A very frustrating game today culminating in defeat to a team who I really do not feel are any better than us and who we could have taken points off. For the 20 minutes prior to half time where we got our game going they couldn’t really deal with us but we missed our chances. The first 15 minutes were poor/naive and once again we came out after half time off the pace (what exactly does he say to them?).

You have uk question playing an unfit Fahrmann and the substitution of Stiepermann for Drmic was one of the worst substitutions I’ve ever seen. Everything good we were doing was going through him. After that we had no link man and no attacking shape. 

farke is a great coach and the  injuries would test anyone but the last two results and performances have been disappointing and he’s making a few strange decisions. 

I think it is too easy to say we are better or worse than other teams. It is clear that we do play a possession game and that means stats can be in our favour. Of course they are meaningless if we lose.

Today we played a game that was far more technical and pleasing on the eye than Palace. However our weekend is messed up and Palace supporters are looking forward to the highlights on MOTD.

What I personally got out of the game was satisfaction that I could watch it while in Cornwall, that I was able to see our performance for what it was without relying on others opinions which are always mixed. And I am content that there is better to come from this cursed team. DF is loyal but I believe playes like Marco are just not contributing what they should be.

I honestly don't know what is to come next week but do expect it to be better than today's performance which was overall disappointing. I think Double N is right by saying we need different options other than CB's in January. And if we can be above water by then, I think we can cope. But don't expect anything other than a struggle.

6 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I've said that Hernandez would in my post....but to suggest that trybull being in todays team instead of mclean would make us anymore a goal threat or make any difference to the outcome is deluded.

Who knows? Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't, but nobody will ever know and nobody can say with any certainty either way. However, to suggest that having a better defensive setup definitely wouldn't make any difference to the outcome makes zero sense; we could have been more solid / broke up more of their play, turned the ball over when they are on the attack and score when they had committed bodies forward as a defensive midfielder stole the ball. I am not saying that would happen or Trybull would be the catalyst, but your position on this subject is strained, at best and talking in certainties in these matters is actually deluded.

5 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Who knows? Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't, but nobody will ever know and nobody can say with any certainty either way. However, to suggest that having a better defensive setup definitely wouldn't make any difference to the outcome makes zero sense; we could have been more solid / broke up more of their play, turned the ball over when they are on the attack and score when they had committed bodies forward as a defensive midfielder stole the ball. I am not saying that would happen or Trybull would be the catalyst, but your position on this subject is strained, at best and talking in certainties in these matters is actually deluded.

...and how woukd it have changed the decision making/finishing of the front 4?!?