Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

and there’s more ....... injuries

10 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

"Doubtful" is usually manager speak for he'll play unless he falls down the stairs between now and the game.

Let's hope so! (Someone pop round his house and clear his kids skateboard off the landing!)

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not too much of a surprise...or Tettey

....It'll only be an issue of Fahrmann is out too. If we turn up there with McGovern in goal we may aswell not bother.

Heard on the grapevine that it will indeed be Mickey McG in goal! So, let's just try and give him support if that IS indeed the case hey?

• Like 1

Hopefully Fahrmann is fit to start, as per latest pinkun report. Sounded like he was unlikely to start based on the press conference and twitter reports. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

And Fährmann is still doubtful. This is why we kept on McGovern, for those who complained it was a waste of our wage budget.

I think more people questioned the contract length than the contract itself. 

35 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Heard on the grapevine that it will indeed be Mickey McG in goal! So, let's just try and give him support if that IS indeed the case hey?

I think pretty much any experienced professional keeper is capable of pulling a few good performances out of the bag, I remember Lee Camp doing it. It doesn't have to be a disaster and he could massively repair his reputation with a good performance. 

Cometh the moment cometh the man.

I said that before the Man City game ! 🤞

That worked out alright !!!!

Edited by Yellow Fever

We just need to be at the races from the off, rather than after 15mins like last week, and this will be a game we could get something from🤞

Edited by Branston Pickle

Archie Mair , who you would 'assume' would have been with the 1st team squad if Fahrmann is out tomorrow, is playing for the u23's away at Man Utd this evening...which I'll take as a good sign

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

Why are some writing off McGovern? He's a good third choice option. An international goalkeeper with years of experience. It baffles me sometimes. He's decent. He clearly has a decent mentality too.

Edited by Michael Starr

28 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

For some reason he fades in the final part of the game, always concedes late on. I particularly remember the Newcastle game a few seasons back.

Was  McG really at fault in that game, my recall is if Gio Wijnaldum tearing us a new one through the midfield.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Was  McG really at fault in that game, my recall is if Gio Wijnaldum tearing us a new one through the midfield.

Ruddy was in goal for that one-McGovern was in goal the following season when we lost 4-3 having been 3-1 up. Possibly at fault for their winner.

7 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Ruddy was in goal for that one-McGovern was in goal the following season when we lost 4-3 having been 3-1 up. Possibly at fault for their winner.

Makes sense now, Cheers Angryo.

6 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Why are some writing off McGovern? He's a good third choice option. An international goalkeeper with years of experience. It baffles me sometimes. He's decent. He clearly has a decent mentality too.

I can only see one poster writing him off Michael, and like you I dont know why that is.

I expect him to do a good job for us and good luck to him.

We got through the whole of the 1988/89 season using just 18 players-47 games in total and 7 players who started at least 35 of our 38 league games.

Of those 18, three of them only started 1 game! They were mighty fit and we were mighty lucky, I guess, with injuries (or not) that season.

18! You can use 14 in just one game now!

Edited by Old Shuck

12 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

We got through the whole of the 1988/89 season using just 18 players-47 games in total and 7 players who started at least 35 of our 38 league games.

Of those 18, three of them only started 1 game! They were mighty fit and we were mighty lucky, I guess, with injuries (or not) that season.

18! You can use 14 in just one game now!

Let’s face it, in 1989 most footballers played drunk and at 1/3 of the speed and technical ability of 2019 football.

they are athletes now