Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Membership Meeting At Carrow Road Last Night.

No decisions have been made about what will happen next season so pointless posters asking me questions i cannot answer. Please treat this as an info only post.

It was a listening exercise by the club with Ben Kensell firstly admitting that they got it badly wrong and gave a genuine apology for the situation we are currently in. A lack of consultation and no advance warning of the intention to change the old system was a big mistake. The timing of the launch within a few hours of it being announced resulted in fans being pressured into buying a product they knew nothing about.

Any data relating to purchase history for this current season will not be used in the future because of the flaws currently being experienced. Purchase history will be taken from 2018/19 and a period before not currently specified but maybe say 3 seasons.

There were about 100 people present and by the layout of the room taking into consideration you had to ' book ' your attendance it was obvious quite a number failed to show up for whatever reason.

My impression was that some form of points system will make a comeback next season as that wish was expressed by a large majority of the room. The timing of sales at 9am on a working day Kensell admitted was under scrutiny as it was not practical for many to access the internet or pay a visit to the ticket office in person. Leeds Utd start sales at 6.30pm and that may be a way forward he said.

There was a consensus from those in attendance that the silky scarves and membership packs were a waste of money and a pointless exercise in goodwill for joining the current scheme.

Further meetings will take place in the next few months and an announcement for the 2020/2021 season will be made next February.

Fair play to to the club for listening albeit after the horse has bolted the stable and personally i am amazed that the current scheme got from an office desk of somebody tasked with dreaming it up to getting rubber stamped in the boardroom without alarm bells ringing along the chain of command that it was wrong on so many levels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I attended and thought Ben conducted himself well, I was pleased that this seasons purchase history will not be used for any scheme put in place for next year.

time will tell wether the meetings will help produce a "better" scheme next season but I am hopeful.

He did mention that further fan group meetings/discussion will take place in Nov with the aim of getting a new scheme in place for January

Thank for putting this up Tilly.

I agree that this seasons purchase history should be ignored in future. I'm one of the ' 750 ' but it seems barmy that I can accumulate 19  ' credits ' this season without going to a single match.

I think it would be a good idea to go back into a supporters purchase history in the first instance. Last season was distorted because of promotion but I think those that went in the immediate seasons prior to that when things on the field went wonky deserve to be recognised.

Finally I quite like the silky scarf but at £50 they saw us coming. As a hopelessly addicted ' scarfy ' it's come in handy for the first few games in the heat.

Or maybe I just like the feel......🙂

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

Thanks for taking the time to do this and thanks to everyone that took the time out to attend last night. I will be attending ( all being well ) the next meeting and as many will know I have been a huge critic of what happened mainly on behalf of my son and his friends and people who sit around me at FCR who went to 8 and 9 away games last year. 

As you state how on earth such a ridiculous scheme got past the board without an eyebrow being raised is rather strange. When getting our tickets for the Villa game we were specifically told all London games next year will be points based shows how quickly this was contrived.

Once again thank you for your support of what I appreciate is a minority but a group that will be bombarded with the please come and support us away from home should we ever get relegated.

The fact that 'this season's purchase history will not be used in the future' needs shouting out from the rooftops. It means that there's no point for the elite group to buy tickets they don't want and sell them on. Could make many more tickets available for all but the most popular games.

I take it the meeting was well attended?

ThanksTilly, at last we've got a sense of how the meeting went, and what the club may have in mind for next season.

All I've seen prior to this was when a lady re tweeted a message from the London meeting.  And that carried **** all info as far as I could see.

It just more or less confirmed that the tweeter, Mathew I think, is now in the kensell fan club.  Then he proceded to give us his own ideas which I wasn't particulary in interested in. 

Now at least we have a flavour of what went on. 

Staggering that this years loyalty isn't (or won't be) taken into account.

Edited by CDMullins

25 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Staggering that this years loyalty isn't (or won't be) taken into account.

A tacit admission from the Club perhaps that there’s a tendency for some 10+ priority members to purchase tickets whether, or not, they’re proposing to go to away games?

Edited by GMF

1 hour ago, GMF said:

A tacit admission from the Club perhaps that there’s a tendency for some 10+ priority members to purchase tickets whether, or not, they’re proposing to go to away games?

Can that not be done on a points based system too?

Thanks john, I was there. Had to leave by 8.40.  So much confusion really - conflicting ideas - and I feel that most people were more interested in moulding a scheme that benefited themselves -of course -that is totally understandable.

I just feel that the price point is totally wrong.  I told Ben that it was a crude money grab on promotion to the richest league in the world.

As for who should go I said to him that the memberships would lead to kids in future never seeing their team and losing allegiance to ncfc.  This would affect generations of fans.

But as for who should go now i don't know - loyality is in the eye of the beholder not just number of games attended.

Edited by keefyboy
Spelling

Thanks for update Til, As one of the 750, I can honestly say I haven't used the privelege yet this season, only made it to Burnley so far and people I went with don't have the priority access so I bought the tickets in normal premium member window. I'm floored that anyone would be bothering buying a ticket for every game and then selling it on, I'm glad Kensall has made clear this strategy won't be rewarded as it's just plain wrong.

Sounds like a productive meeting.

15 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Can that not be done on a points based system too?

Not sure I actually follow your point - it’s probably me being slow 😉 but I am surprised that they’re not going to use this season’s purchase history for next season.

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

Thanks for update Til, As one of the 750, I can honestly say I haven't used the privelege yet this season, only made it to Burnley so far and people I went with don't have the priority access so I bought the tickets in normal premium member window. I'm floored that anyone would be bothering buying a ticket for every game and then selling it on, I'm glad Kensall has made clear this strategy won't be rewarded as it's just plain wrong.

Fair play to you if you haven’t done so. Unfortunately, there’s ample evidence on social media to support that this is happening frequently. Also, having been personally offered three opportunities by different priority members for Burnley tickets, as well as another for Palace today (all of which were politely declined) it suggests that this is actually happening regularly.

11 minutes ago, GMF said:

Fair play to you if you haven’t done so. Unfortunately, there’s ample evidence on social media to support that this is happening frequently. Also, having been personally offered three opportunities by different priority members for Burnley tickets, as well as another for Palace today (all of which were politely declined) it suggests that this is actually happening regularly.

Shocking. My mate who I went to Burnley with said he'd been offered a ticket for the game over Twitter the night before too so I guess it's more prevalent than I maybe reaslised. Hopefully with Kensell confirming that there's no point to doing this, that will quickly stop this happening for most games. I suspect those unscrupulous enough to try this will probably be the same ones who get a ticket for the big games and then tout them for profit too so doubt it will have any impact on the abuse of the system around those games. Tossers.

After doing 3.5 hours each way to Burnley, I'm more inclined to go to home games (also a 3.5 hour trip) than away games at the moment, outside of the local ones and maybe one of the manc games. Better chance of seeing us win at home if I'm making a 7 hour round trip anyway!

40 minutes ago, GMF said:

Not sure I actually follow your point - it’s probably me being slow 😉 but I am surprised that they’re not going to use this season’s purchase history for next season.

That doesn't address the problem of people purchasing and then selling on though.

3 hours ago, kick it off said:

While I agree that it's a crazy scheme but I'm not sure that this happens much in practice. I'm totally against the idea that tickets are sold for more than face value and I think most people would only buy a ticket to help out a mate who didn't have ten away games in the bank. It happened under the old scheme and it'll happen under any future scheme.

Don't forget that everyone in the ' 750 ' club have shelled out £50 the same as everyone else. It's not touting.

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

While I agree that it's a crazy scheme but I'm not sure that this happens much in practice. I'm totally against the idea that tickets are sold for more than face value and I think most people would only buy a ticket to help out a mate who didn't have ten away games in the bank. It happened under the old scheme and it'll happen under any future scheme.

Don't forget that everyone in the ' 750 ' club have shelled out £50 the same as everyone else. It's not touting.

Unless I misunderstood your post, I think you've missed the point here - the discussion was around Kensell stating that any games accumulated during this season would not count towards any future points based scheme - the implication being people in the 750 were buying tickets this year for every game and selling them on (at face value) to ensure that they had priority access for next season too if points were reintroduced as they had bought tickets for every game this year - this does appear to be happening with some regularity.

I agree with everything you said in your post (except the last sentence - if they're selling at more than face value its touting in my book)

Edited by kick it off

Kensell quite clearly stated that purchase history this season will not be used moving forward as the current system is and i quote ' skewed ' ( i actually made a note of it at the time ).

That statement was very well received in the room with no dissenting comments or questions asked on it.

My interpretation is that there are numerous supporters who in previous years went to eight or nine games who had no option but to join everybody who jumped on board in the current lottery who may well only be successful in getting a ticket in a very few games if at all this season. If they had been semi regular pre 2019/20 that surely has to be taken into consideration in any new scheme ?

Edited by TIL 1010