Sign in to follow this  
percyvarco

Roll on Wednesday

Bring on Feb 1st when we know what band of cloggers and workmanlike players we have for the rest of the season. Then we can stop contemplating the rumours and Worthy can show us what he is going to do with them. 

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we don''t buy anyone to be honest Percy

We will just have to muddle through the rest of the season with what''s already here, hoping not to get sucked into a relegation fight (going on present form we might though). 

We now have some transfer money, great, keep it for the new manager, after of course leaving enough aside to pay off Worthington, Livermore and Foley. 

I hope the board are considering their mantra of prudence and ambition carefully and will apply it as above.

To go into the transfer market now and buy another donkey to graze on all that lovely lush green grass on the centre circle is just pure madness, it will be just another contract to pay off (though we are getting good at that!) when the new man takes over. 

If however, the board are going to let Worthington have the money to buy, and even worse, consider keeping him on "for another push for promotion" next year then I sincerely hope they forever banish the word ambition from their PR spin machine for evermore.

Another day passes with no signings!!  Superb!! roll on wednesday!  The only transfer news I want to here is Greeno to Charlton - (with no-one turning up here either!)

unless by some stretch we can get halford for 1 million.....

Prices are so inflated at the moment - 31 year old Akinbiyi for 1.75 million!!