Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

why is it

that the club are now trying to make Dean Ashton look like the bad bloke. Let''s face it, the club didnt have to tell us today about the £370k.

A year ago this young lad arrived from Crewe, needed Delia;s homecooking for a while. He was a nice young lad who even had his uncle as an agent. How nice of him using his uncle, gives him the family image that the club want, and it makes him a special, special young talent. Then, all of a sudden, due to the club getting this season so badly wrong Dean gives up on the board and jumps ship. He gets the money because his now nasty hard nosed agent insisted on it as part of the deal that brought him here, and now he''s left us in s**t creek, poor us, we tried our best but it was his ball and he was taking it with him.

It''s all a load of bull. Don''t be fooled by the PR machine, they are using this as a rapid way of changing a subject. The thing that worries me deeply is this. A few days before Ashton is sold, and while negotiations are taking place, Delia loans £50k so we can buy someone. Greeno throws his shirt into the ground and we are told frustration - I think it was a bye bye. The biggest worry is this. Deano is getting the back end of the PR spin, is this changed view of Ashton anything to do with the lack of quality that will replace him. "Oh, it''s all Deano''s fault shout the board" I really hope I am wrong, but what are we supposed to think?

Exactly Rossi,

And while a number of people have been wringing their hands about the club lying to them they miss the spin which deflects the heat for the transfer onto the player himself. I was going to post a similar theme tonight but you have put it very well.

I agree Rossi, I can''t help thinking that Ashton is being made out to be the bad guy when really there isn''t one.  So he got some money from the deal, so do most players, any player who does not request a transfer but is sold is due a fee from the selling club. 

He wants to play in the Premier League, whats wrong with that?  He is good enough.  He is not leaving for the money.  The club have blown this season, we should be in the play off spots at least and that is the key reason Deano is leaving  The board have messed up by giving Worthy very little money in the summer and in turn the money was not well spent (but then what 6 better players would you buy for so little?)  He would still be here if we were top of the league.  Lets not let the board distract us from the real reason he is leaving.

He is not a bad bloke, he justs wants to play at a higher level, something we cant offer him for at least another season and a half. 

Its because they are trying to cover up all the bad that they have done. The lies, the treatment of players etc. They are blaming ashton so that the fans get off their back.

Why is it

That some of our fans seem to feel the need to invent things then argue against those claims ? Where has the board tried to place the blame on Ashton ?

Why is it

That some of our fans seem to feel the need to whinge on endlessly when the club follows accepted business practice by not telling all and sundry of it''s negotiating strategies and positions.

Why is it

That some of our fans seem to feel the need to whinge on endlessly when, after the deal, the club does then explain where the money went and who received what.

Why is it

That some of us fans feel that we have a small number of whingers and whiners whose days seem to be endlessly spent trying to find something to gripe about.

Ashton  probably wanted out as soon as we were relegated , and his " form "  since then  , underlines this ,   in other words he`s been a liability  .... and we`re well rid of him  !    we made a profit  , lets get on with  it!    ........ mind you , it will be interesting  to see if all  the preconditions   that Ashton apparently needs  to score  [ ball at feet , no heading , open goal ]  will be supplied by the Hammers ,  my hunch is that he will struggle  in the prem . 

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]Its because they are trying to cover up all the bad that they have done. The lies, the treatment of players etc. They are blaming ashton so that the fans get off their back.[/quote]

Erm No its because the "fans" moaned and moaned about not being told what was happened in the transfer and what money will be available for transfers etc. so when they give you the info you should be happy, instead you are moaning about too much info!!  Never satisfied you lot

[quote user="MadDan"]Why is it That some of our fans seem to feel the need to invent things then argue against those claims ? Where has the board tried to place the blame on Ashton ? Why is it That some of our fans seem to feel the need to whinge on endlessly when the club follows accepted business practice by not telling all and sundry of it''s negotiating strategies and positions. Why is it That some of our fans seem to feel the need to whinge on endlessly when, after the deal, the club does then explain where the money went and who received what. Why is it That some of us fans feel that we have a small number of whingers and whiners whose days seem to be endlessly spent trying to find something to gripe about.[/quote]

1) Agree - Ashton wanted to go??  what more can they say...  we have failed this season, he wants to go to Germany

2) Agree - why should we be told every little thing that goes on in the transfer

3) Agree - they have told us everything about the deal what more do the fans want

4) Disagree -  It doesnt take much looking to find something to be unhappy about at the moment im afraid, and i dont think there are a small number of whingers, the number of new ids on this board over the last few weeks to add their post to the many worthy out/disappointed with ashtons sale has been tremendous considering this board used to be really quiet.  Every NCFC fan I know is a "Worthy Outer" people have been reluctant to bring the chants to the games - I havent sung it - probably out of respect for what he did acheive for us.  But he has had his day and we are going backwards far faster than we ever went forwards.

Look at the table, 2 points above the worst Ipswich side for 10 years....  says it all really

As usual the same old bleats.

Rossi is unable to substantiate his ludicrous claims and Paul sees any post as a peg to hang his all too predictable bellyaching about Worthington on.

The latter even has the binmen as an example. ie the club''s position is measured by the team''s position. That inane logic would have Wigan in a far stronger position than Arsenal as they knocked them out of the league cup.

What this board is being cluttered up with is endless bleats all on the same theme. Bleats that presuppose that those who don''t join in cannot see any faults.

Whinging on here ain''t going to change one single thing. So make your point and move on rather than griping away day in day out.

MD, how would you like me to substantiate my claims? What I wrote about Deano is fact, Even Worthington''s apparent media spokesman rick waghorn is trying to push blame towards dean. (on this very site)

As far as Greeno''s shirt goes, and who will replace Ashton, how am i supposed to offer fact on forecasts ?

You are perfectly entititled to your point of view, i am just one of the ones who now look at things differently, and as a result i feel the way i do.

The only thing that is ludicrous at the moment is the position of the club and it''s handlings of certain situations, and that is the very reason why i feel the way i do. If you are happy with things then great.