Sign in to follow this  
1st Wizard

cameron jerome

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="sheded"]

[quote user="pete"]If he is this great talent, lets get him for a year, not play to his strengths and sell him for double and crucify him for wanting to go to a ootballing team.  Is this familiar?[/quote]

One of Deano`s " strengths  " was to  get a ball at his feet  into a big net , with only the keeper to beat !     he`s had scores of these chances  , and  fluffed them !     

[/quote]

lets see how many he gets for west ham then....................

[/quote]

Oh I`ll be watching his progress  with interest Ranky !     if , and its a big if , he turns into wonderman   , it will just reinforce my opinion  that he was  just going through the motions at our club !    my guess is that his limitations will be cruelly exposed  in the prem , not least because   he will be on a better wage than the players around him , so will find himself   without the support  he demands  up front !  either way  we`re well rid of him  .

IMO we already have   ample   strikers  in McVeigh , Huckerby and Thorne   !    if we are to have ANY chance of a play-off place this season   then buying  an iffy   half season wonder  from Cardiff is definately not the way to go !   [ why`s he for sale ? ]         its the midfield  that HAS to be  re-inforced    , Safri coming back will help [ if the groin injury doesn`t reappear  ]    ....

Greeno has to be sold  ASAP   , our defence are on a hiding to nothing   if they have to depend  on  staticman   !    off his line  he`s a dithering   mass of indecision   , fearful of  patrolling  the box that should be dominated by him ,  thats why he`s having such a hard time  finding a club  interested in him ,  bite the bullet and  sell him for whatever we can get  , Ward will  do the job  fine ! 

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="sheded"]

[quote user="pete"]If he is this great talent, lets get him for a year, not play to his strengths and sell him for double and crucify him for wanting to go to a ootballing team.  Is this familiar?[/quote]

One of Deano`s " strengths  " was to  get a ball at his feet  into a big net , with only the keeper to beat !     he`s had scores of these chances  , and  fluffed them !     

[/quote]

lets see how many he gets for west ham then....................

[/quote]

Oh I`ll be watching his progress  with interest Ranky !     if , and its a big if , he turns into wonderman   , it will just reinforce my opinion  that he was  just going through the motions at our club !    my guess is that his limitations will be cruelly exposed  in the prem , not least because   he will be on a better wage than the players around him , so will find himself   without the support  he demands  up front !  either way  we`re well rid of him  .

IMO we already have   ample   strikers  in McVeigh , Huckerby and Thorne   !    if we are to have ANY chance of a play-off place this season   then buying  an iffy   half season wonder  from Cardiff is definately not the way to go !   [ why`s he for sale ? ]         its the midfield  that HAS to be  re-inforced    , Safri coming back will help [ if the groin injury doesn`t reappear  ]    ....

Greeno has to be sold  ASAP   , our defence are on a hiding to nothing   if they have to depend  on  staticman   !    off his line  he`s a dithering   mass of indecision   , fearful of  patrolling  the box that should be dominated by him ,  thats why he`s having such a hard time  finding a club  interested in him ,  bite the bullet and  sell him for whatever we can get  , Ward will  do the job  fine ! 

[/quote]

Lets see how he fits in at west ham, i think he will do well - if you have the ablility....  He didnt look great this season - he looked forlorn after those away thrashings and was not the same player he had been, he had lost his spark - like green.

"why`s he for sale ? " - So Cardiff can afford to buy Jason Koumas - thats why......

"Greeno has to be sold  ASAP " - totally agree, he needs to go for his sake and ours, we could do with the cash, he needs to progress

If Cameron is such a bargain  , why does Cardiff   want Koumos  ?      sorry , but there`s  something a bit skewed   about all this !    maybe we should cut the middleman  , and go for Koumos !!

[quote user="sheded"]If Cameron is such a bargain  , why does Cardiff   want Koumos  ?      sorry , but there`s  something a bit skewed   about all this !    maybe we should cut the middleman  , and go for Koumos !! [/quote]I think Koumas has his heart set on Cardiff, but they can''t afford him without selling Jerome. Personally, I would rather have Koumas but Worthington''s been like Augustus Gloop with central midfielders recently and we''ve got too many for him to justify buying another. It would basically be admitting he''d made a mistake with Robinson, Etuhu, Jarrett and Hughes (in my mind only 2 of those are mistakes). This is all assuming that Koumas can''t play right wing - does anyone know if he''s played there before?

[quote user="sheded"]If Cameron is such a bargain  , why does Cardiff   want Koumos  ?      sorry , but there`s  something a bit skewed   about all this !    maybe we should cut the middleman  , and go for Koumos !! [/quote]

this is exactly the point I have been making since we have been interested in Jerome... Koumas has fired in 10 goals from midfield this term!!  He is a FANTASTIC player.  I am 100% sure Worthy would FAIL to get the best from him however.  He cant even get the best out of Huckerby this term a player whom garuantees promotion at tthis level!!

ClubFromToFeeLeagueFA CupLeague cupOther
Cardiff27-07-2005 Loan 27 (2)90 (0)02 (1)10 (0)0
West Brom29-08-2002 Â£ 2250000 69 (15)144 (1)05 (0)00 (0)0
Tranmere20-02-199829-08-2002Trainee 96 (31)259 (0)59 (5)20 (0)0
Totals£ 2250000192 (48)4813 (1)516 (6)30 (0)0
goals / game0.20.350.13 n/a
AppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoals

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=13834

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="sheded"]If Cameron is such a bargain  , why does Cardiff   want Koumos  ?      sorry , but there`s  something a bit skewed   about all this !    maybe we should cut the middleman  , and go for Koumos !! [/quote]

I think Koumas has his heart set on Cardiff, but they can''t afford him without selling Jerome. Personally, I would rather have Koumas but Worthington''s been like Augustus Gloop with central midfielders recently and we''ve got too many for him to justify buying another. It would basically be admitting he''d made a mistake with Robinson, Etuhu, Jarrett and Hughes (in my mind only 2 of those are mistakes). This is all assuming that Koumas can''t play right wing - does anyone know if he''s played there before?
[/quote]

"Robinson, Etuhu, Jarrett and Hughes (in my mind only 2 of those are mistakes). "

In my mind 3 are mistakes - Etuhu is not motivated (and cost money), Hughes is noyt very good (and cost money), JJ is average at best (and is on a whole lotta money), Robinson looks decent and was cheap

[quote user="sheded"]If Cameron is such a bargain  , why does Cardiff   want Koumos  ?      sorry , but there`s  something a bit skewed   about all this !    maybe we should cut the middleman  , and go for Koumos !! [/quote]

and here is the proof........

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600soccer/0200news/tm_objectid=16627600&method=full&siteid=50082&headline=why-jerome-must-go-to-save-city-s-season-name_page.html