Sign in to follow this  
1st Wizard

cameron jerome

how many people out there think that we should sign cameron jerome. i do !! he will be the best playewr we could possibly sign this transfer window, oh yeh and what about old boy akinbiyi???

It would be good to see him at Carrow road, god knows that we need something to raise our spirits at the moment, but I’d much rather get Ryan Jarvis and Hendo totally fit and play them till the seasons out. New manager with a fresh set of eyes can bring new faces in. Worthy has had his chance. It’s gonna take a lot of convincing to bring Cameron here, as currently he has better prospects of going up to the prem at Cardiff (at least for the moment)

[quote user="westcountrycanary"]im not sure about jerome its a big risk i do really like the sound of eastwood and halford, but 3.5m is to much to give worthy  for one player  [/quote]

yes it is, considering the fact we only get 5.5 million to spend (if that)

I am against paying that amount of money for a striker.

We had a great striker yet could not beat very poor sides.

The problem stems from our defence shipping too many goals and a poor midfield not supplying enough chances.

I have no problem in selling green for 2-3 million if it buys us 2-3 young players to fill the gaps.

Goalkeeper is a very overrated position IMHO. (last time I checked we had 4!)

The problem is that myself and a lot of people do not trust Worthy to spend the money on the right players.

Worthy Out.

I think Jerome is a massive risk for a fee over £1.5m.  He has had a good half season and that is it, he may go on to be a top striker but there is too much that could go wrong with this transfer.  The main problem being that we do not have a midfielder like Koumas to set Jerome like he has been.

I really don''t think it matters what striker we sign because if we are going to continue to play the ball long out of defence then we may as well stick with Thorne.  We have a problem with the supply to the strikers, we need to fix that before we look at buying a "goalscorer"

[quote user="westcountrycanary"]im not sure about jerome its a big risk i do really like the sound of eastwood and halford, but 3.5m is to much to give worthy  for one player  [/quote]

He didn''t do to bad ith the £3m player did he?

I''d love to see him at the club, but for £3.5m?!

Surely buying a less hyped up striker and a right midfielder would be a better use of the cash.

It''s probably all tabloid nonsense anyway.

Cameron does appear over-priced (we only paid £4.5m for Ashton with a multi-season record behind him) but then we got silly money in so we can afford a bit of over the top in a replacement[:P].  We would need to change our style to get the best from him though. 

However given the choice of Cameron or Eastwood I would go for Cameron everytime as he has that extra bit of pace and experience at a higher level. 

Way too expensive for my liking, and I would rather us try and get Eastwood than him. I wouldn''t mind McSheffry as well, but I fear Worthy will go for ''bargins'' cloggers rather than class.

We didnt double our money on Ashton - we ended up paying £4.5m and so far have £7m back but that may rise - either way its not a double your money effort - a very healthy profit but the claims of doubling your money are stretching a point.  

[quote user="pete"]If he is this great talent, lets get him for a year, not play to his strengths and sell him for double and crucify him for wanting to go to a ootballing team.  Is this familiar?[/quote]

One of Deano`s " strengths  " was to  get a ball at his feet  into a big net , with only the keeper to beat !     he`s had scores of these chances  , and  fluffed them !     

The Jerome price is steep, very steep, but if we don''t move for him now

we stand no chance of getting him in the summer, so why not take a

punt? we can always sell him for a profit if we fall short of our

goals. We should still have enough change for Halford, and again this

is one we need to buy now as will go somewhere else if left to summer.

These two will soak up all the available cash for this window, but

should give us enough of a boost for an assault on the play-offs. Safs

back by next week, Robinson getting closer to fitness, Shacks on the

comeback trail, Drury ok, I think Louise-jean''s had his leg amputated.

I wonder if I''ll have cause to smile next week? Someone''s gotta look

for the light at the end of the tunnel!

Must admit I saw a goal from Jerome on Anglia TV yesterday when he picked the ball up outside the area and the blistering pace that he had getting into the box would have left Ashton standing questioning what it was. Ashton was a very good striker but lacked pace just like Ewan but if we could get someone with the pace as well then I am all for it.  Still feel that Eastwood, Harley and Mcsheffrey would give us more value for money though.

[quote user="sheded"]

[quote user="pete"]If he is this great talent, lets get him for a year, not play to his strengths and sell him for double and crucify him for wanting to go to a ootballing team.  Is this familiar?[/quote]

One of Deano`s " strengths  " was to  get a ball at his feet  into a big net , with only the keeper to beat !     he`s had scores of these chances  , and  fluffed them !     

[/quote]

lets see how many he gets for west ham then....................

I dont think that we would pay a full 3.5 m for him. I expect that we would pay around 2-2.5 million up front and then various add ons and clauses taking it up to 3.5, such as if we get promoted, so theres no worries there

i agree with northern canary we wouldn''t pay 3.5 million up front. anyway he is scoring golas this season and then with the rest of the money we could buy davenport and then go for a loan signing for a creativ player till the end of the season form a top class prem team!!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]We didnt double our money on Ashton - we ended up paying £4.5m and so far have £7m back but that may rise - either way its not a double your money effort - a very healthy profit but the claims of doubling your money are stretching a point.  [/quote]

Zipper, how did you work that out? I wish people would get their facts straight rather than exaggerate. There was a 500k add on to Ahston''s £3m initial fee IF we stayed up. So just the £1.5m out!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/4154655.stm

[quote user="a1canary"]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]We didnt double our money on Ashton - we ended up paying £4.5m and so far have £7m back but that may rise - either way its not a double your money effort - a very healthy profit but the claims of doubling your money are stretching a point.  [/quote]

Zipper, how did you work that out? I wish people would get their facts straight rather than exaggerate. There was a 500k add on to Ahston''s £3m initial fee IF we stayed up. So just the £1.5m out!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/4154655.stm

[/quote]

i guess its 3.8 million to crewe then plus 300,000 to ashton himself on sale

or maybe you meant £3m plus the £1.5m sell on. i see, apologies zipper!

but a bit misleading to say we paid that for him since the 1.5 was a share of the sale price rather than a part of the purchase price.

We its either £3m +800k for crewe sell on and 400k for Ashton as the purchase cost (£4.2m) and £7m in or it is £3.0m out to buy him and just £5.5m back - you cant have it both ways, and neither is a case of doubling the money...

READ THAT WE ARE GOING TO BID FOR JEROME.

Could he be the next Ashton, Bellamy or Eadie? We have to believe he''s a talent as good as West Hams no9!

With him, Huckerby & not forgeting McKenzie up front that would be a decent front line.

Just need a supporting player from midfield now.[I]

a1, wasn''t there also a sell-on clause the Crewe put in when we bought him?

That would knock the actual money we see from the Ashton sale down a little bit more.

From the BBC site:

"

Norwich have completed the signing of Crewe striker Dean Ashton for a club-record £3m.

The England Under-21 striker signed a

three-and-a-half-year deal with an option of one further year after

passing a medical on Monday.

The cost could rise by £500,000 and there is a 20% sell-on fee."

So that''s £1.4M of the £7M paid out of the calculations.