Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

The Inevitable Comedown

Good writing Duncan.

Guilty of getting a bit carried away after last weeks heroics. "If we can beat Man City we can beat anyo.......oh bollox......".😳😀

• Like 1

I agree with much of this but I don’t think we beat Man City because they underestimated us. We had an approach against Man City which worked well against them. Against Burnley we gave away a couple of early goals and then struggled to convert our chances.

That’s football - you can beat the Chanpions on merit on Saturday and a week later lose to a team way down the league.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Herman said:

Good writing Duncan.

Guilty of getting a bit carried away after last weeks heroics. "If we can beat Man City we can beat anyo.......oh bollox......".😳😀

It's true though, if we can beat Man City it does prove we can beat anybody.......it doesn't mean we will, but it gives us a clue that when at our best, we are competitive with the very best.  

Burnley was always going to be a difficult match, the crowd are so close to you and their way of playing is effective - and they are getting in some very good players too.  

You win some you lose some - and try to learn from each victory or defeat and move on.

I enjoyed that article, thanks Duncan, it echoes how I see events and the way the club is being ran and will continue to be ran.

Like Webber has said, a long ball team doesn't suddenly adopt a passing game. Plan A and Plan B are always going to be essentially the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

I enjoyed that article, thanks Duncan, it echoes how I see events and the way the club is being ran and will continue to be ran.

Like Webber has said, a long ball team doesn't suddenly adopt a passing game. Plan A and Plan B are always going to be essentially the same.

Yep, dont see Ajax, Barcelona or Man City suddenly going all long ball , crash bang whallop if things aren't going their way. 

• Like 1