Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Ade Akinbiyi - The £14.5m Man!

Seeing his (reported) crazy money transfer to Sheff Utd set to go through got me thinking. Exactly how much has been splashed out on this guy in his career? Quick bit of research courtesy of ex-canaries.co.uk reveals the answer, which has to be some kind of record for a div 1 player (goal free spell in Prem with Leicester notwithstanding) :

£m

0.25     NCFC to Gillingham

1.2       Gills to Bristol City

3.5       City to Wolves

5          Wolves to Leicester

2.2            Leicester to Palace

Free?   Palace to Stoke

0.6       Stoke to Burnley

1.75          Clarets to Sheff Utd

TOTAL - £14.5m

What would the reaction on here have been if NW spent 1.75m of the Deano money on him?!!

Once we have Peter Taylor on board we may well sign Akinbiyi - mind you he would insist on paying around double that fee.

Although it''s not totally relevant to his footballing career, I read last year in a Sunday supplement that Akinbiyi has made a fortune out of property developing

Kind of makes sense, the amount of moving he does..............

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]i wonder what the reaction would be if we were 2nd in the league MD ?[/quote]

I know lots of sheff utd fans still want warnock out even now (and KTFers call us fickle), you can see why bringing in a player like Ade whom is not going to make an impact in the premiership - and is 31!!!

I don''t think he will be used in the Premiership. He has scored alot of goals for Burnley so far this year and if he repeats this for Sheffield United then it will fire them into the Premiership and I''m sure that''s worth alot more than 1.75 mil.