Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Rhino1

The moaners are back .........unbelievable !!!!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

If you are happy in thinking that Farke did everything possible, and utilised every option at his disposal, to try and win the game yesterday then that's fine.

Others, who are equally keen to see the club succeed, view our games from a different perspective and may have a alternative view.

I have no doubt that he is a great manager and probably the best we have ever had but that doesn't mean that he doesn't get it wrong sometimes.

At least you haven’t gone as far as you did last year at this time when you wanted Farke’s head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This plan b nonsense stems from the fact that what many posters called "tippy tappy football" has never really been accepted. The critics just went quiet when we were winning. Nothing wrong with that, I don't like the more direct styles but you can bet i'd be quiet if we were winning playing that way.

It's not just on here, in the stadium too there's a lot of unease about how we play. Shouts of "get rid" as we try to play out still happen because many fans are totally frustrated by it and prefer a more up and at em approach.

If the results dry up at home the booing will be back, Webber will probably say if you cant appreciate this football go and support someone else, and with two shakes of a lambs tail the Messiah will once again be a very naughty boy.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trouble is with the critics on TV is that just not one of the fashionable clubs- and please guys let there be some open and honest debates without some righteous person thinking there opinion is the right one and yes we all like to moan sometimes about the club/game ,that's just the way it is. whether negative our otherwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Trouble is with the critics on TV is that just not one of the fashionable clubs- and please guys let there be some open and honest debates without some righteous person thinking there opinion is the right one and yes we all like to moan sometimes about the club/game ,that's just the way it is. whether negative our otherwise

Is open and honest debate not what's happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not knocking open debate , and difference of opinions, all for it!!! But there is a line where it moves into the absurd, without any perspective. We are in the premier league ( couldn’t have dreamed of that 12 months ago!!!); we have just beaten one of the best teams in the world (couldn’t ever of dreamed of that!!!) - lost to a very well organised Burnley side - and suddenly Farke should done this, done that !!! Farke is the best manager we have ever had — ( not perfect but more perfect than we have had before)!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Nearly a decade of not having a plan B. 😀

A lot of posters missing from 2009, Squit - I wonder where they are now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the home form will have to remain very good to stay up . Without a doubt the Liverpool performance was our best effort away from home so far . 

Norwich were bullied yesterday and looked very light weight all round . Here’s hoping we’re brave next week and up for a physical fight . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This plan b nonsense stems from the fact that what many posters called "tippy tappy football" has never really been accepted. The critics just went quiet when we were winning. Nothing wrong with that, I don't like the more direct styles but you can bet i'd be quiet if we were winning playing that way.

It's not just on here, in the stadium too there's a lot of unease about how we play. Shouts of "get rid" as we try to play out still happen because many fans are totally frustrated by it and prefer a more up and at em approach.

If the results dry up at home the booing will be back, Webber will probably say if you cant appreciate this football go and support someone else, and with two shakes of a lambs tail the Messiah will once again be a very naughty boy.

 

I don’t think that’s just us though, I think most fans of English football have grown up with a safety first, get rid, physical, don’t pass it around at the back type approach. Many of us will have played youth football as kids or Sunday league or whatever with the same approach. That’s beginning to change and even at “grassroots” and pub footy level nowadays you see much more willingness to try and pass it around.

I don’t think the plan b needs to be a change of formation or players necessarily. We need to figure out a way to beat the press - sometimes you can’t and results like yesterday will happen. It sounds as though Leitner coming on helped a bit yesterday - probably having a slightly “trickier” player in holding midfield helped beat the press. Maybe the five at the back option mentioned above would give us (a) an additional player to help playing it out but (b) also the opportunity to push the wing backs higher, allowing a slightly more direct option to by pas the press. Agreed three/five at the back doesn’t work at the moment with injuries though. 

One option might be to play a more out and out winger to stay high and wide, and give us that outlet to try and by pass the press/make the opposition think twice about closing down with the extra man. You’d think Roberts was the obvious choice but doesn’t seem to be rated. Drmic possibly?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even the mighty Man Utd have gone 2-0 down at West Ham. And such an expensively assembled team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And didn’t Man City win 8 -0 yesterday - and I think we may have beaten them, without a plan b , without putting on substitutes ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

West Ham are ordinary at this level. If we want to stay up we need to be beating mid-table teams like West Ham... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

West Ham are ordinary at this level. If we want to stay up we need to be beating mid-table teams like West Ham... 

Myopic comments like this are exactly what my rant has been about!! Thank you nutty Nigel for proving my point.( I won’t call you a **** or a moronic whinger because of deference to my wife)!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

We quite often go with two up front when we are behind. We played Rhodes with Pukki several times last year in these circumstances (Millwall at home just one example). Drmic came on yesterday with Pukki.

We also go three at the back on occasion. Usually it's Arrons that makes way and agin we did this a number of times last year.

when we are winning we often bring on a third centre half to see out the game. We used Klose to do this a number of times last year.

whilst Farke may go 'two up front' when we're behind, the reality is that that change invariably comes very late. Last year (against inferior opposition) it often worked. Your example of Millwall was spot on. The other points you make I agree with.

The delay in getting Drmic on in the last two away games seems bizarre. He had to wait 22 minutes at West Ham despite the fact the formation and style was screaming out to be changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing about the moan etc its quite  simple !

In live need to be objective not matter is you team or not who play good or bad!

and after poor display yesterday what ppl need to do?To talk once more about Man City win or what!?

We have hard run of fixture without doubt and im happy with this 6 pts but been away at West Ham and watch on TV full Burnley game its quite obvious despite some 20 min spells we are not treat and not penetration at all in both of them.

Farke do wonders but evry one need to learn from his mistakes and I believe we badly need to change approach for such away games simply because we have a lot of them next 3 4 weeks.

Its a shame for him to talk about stats ,shots, possession  etc after game interview , because game was over after 15 min !

About substitutions only will add that we hardly will make Roberts and Drmic settled anytime soon when they have 5 10 min per game even on matches that we badly need to change something.

With 10 inj players not much room for changes but at least approach must be different for away games to have any chance to add points imo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Yeah, he’s a human being. So you need to accept that. Because never on Planet Earth has a human being got every single decision right. 

I must introduce you to my wife Alex. 😜🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fact is the manger picks a team and tactics and then it’s up to the players to execute that. So first level analysis should be - did the players execute? And the answer to that, yesterday, was no. Our goal scoring machine didn’t score, and several times our defense gave the ball away to their press. So plan B would be what?  Normally swapping the players who are under performing with like players who may be able to execute better. 

So what is plan C and D? I think we have to solve our injury crisis before we worry about that.

Edited by Surfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I must introduce you to my wife Alex. 😜🤣

Hahaha brilliant John 😂, bring her to Palace! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

Myopic comments like this are exactly what my rant has been about!! Thank you nutty Nigel for proving my point.( I won’t call you a **** or a moronic whinger because of deference to my wife)!!!!

Whoosh...

image.png.ccf5bed8a8f6337d176bcbda9a3face4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is how it works (or should do). Norwich play well and we say they have played well. Norwich play badly and people are allowed to point out the fact they have played badly. Since were fans not allowed to comment honestly on games? Its like there is some kind of cult where anyone who points out we have made a mistake or not done something well in a game is disloyal and must be banished.

Last week they were magnificent and were rightly praised. this week the first 20 minutes was appalling (particularly in comparison when you look at the defending) and I don't see why fans on a message board can't say that? Its not like we are booing them off the pitch or calling for Farke's head, just passing a comment on the game. what do you want fans to say after a 20 minute spell like that where we let their main striker score twice in 5 minutes when unmarked from crosses? Not mention it? That the boys played really well?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Here is how it works (or should do). Norwich play well and we say they have played well. Norwich play badly and people are allowed to point out the fact they have played badly. Since were fans not allowed to comment honestly on games? Its like there is some kind of cult where anyone who points out we have made a mistake or not done something well in a game is disloyal and must be banished.

Last week they were magnificent and were rightly praised. this week the first 20 minutes was appalling (particularly in comparison when you look at the defending) and I don't see why fans on a message board can't say that? Its not like we are booing them off the pitch or calling for Farke's head, just passing a comment on the game. what do you want fans to say after a 20 minute spell like that where we let their main striker score twice in 5 minutes when unmarked from crosses? Not mention it? That the boys played really well?

This.

When we beat Man City, we didn't become a top team overnight, but the players deserved lots of credit and they rightfully got it.

When we lost against Burnley, we didn't become dreadful overnight, but constructive criticism is justified and realistic suggestions on how to improve shouldn't be discouraged.

Comments like 'Delia should get out of our club, 'we're crap', 'Farke out', 'this style will never work', 'get it forward!!' and the like are the sort of comments we don't need and irritate people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Here is how it works (or should do). Norwich play well and we say they have played well. Norwich play badly and people are allowed to point out the fact they have played badly. Since were fans not allowed to comment honestly on games? Its like there is some kind of cult where anyone who points out we have made a mistake or not done something well in a game is disloyal and must be banished.

Last week they were magnificent and were rightly praised. this week the first 20 minutes was appalling (particularly in comparison when you look at the defending) and I don't see why fans on a message board can't say that? Its not like we are booing them off the pitch or calling for Farke's head, just passing a comment on the game. what do you want fans to say after a 20 minute spell like that where we let their main striker score twice in 5 minutes when unmarked from crosses? Not mention it? That the boys played really well?

Surely as long as posts are within the rules, guidelines and spirit of the forum posters can post or reply however they like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:
34 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

 

Last week they were magnificent and were rightly praised. this week the first 20 minutes was appalling (particularly in comparison when you look at the defending) and I don't see why fans on a message board can't say that? 

When we lost against Burnley, we didn't become dreadful overnight, but constructive criticism is justified and realistic suggestions on how to improve shouldn't be discouraged.

 

No one says you can't express an opinion, I just don't agree that calling our Team 'appalling' is 'constructive' or 'justified'

We've just been promoted, we couldn't compete in the market over the summer and our squad has been decimated by injuries. 

If you said our performance was disappointing, I'd be inclined to agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the sentiments expressed in the OP.

With the exception of the claim that it was a young team. 

The average age of a Premier League starting XI this season has been 26 years 7 months and I shouldn't imagine it was too far away from that area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I agree with the sentiments expressed in the OP.

With the exception of the claim that it was a young team. 

The average age of a Premier League starting XI this season has been 26 years 7 months and I shouldn't imagine it was too far away from that area.

Maybe we should look at the number of Premier League appearances, experience at the top level may also be a factor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Here is how it works (or should do). Norwich play well and we say they have played well. Norwich play badly and people are allowed to point out the fact they have played badly. Since were fans not allowed to comment honestly on games? Its like there is some kind of cult where anyone who points out we have made a mistake or not done something well in a game is disloyal and must be banished.

Last week they were magnificent and were rightly praised. this week the first 20 minutes was appalling (particularly in comparison when you look at the defending) and I don't see why fans on a message board can't say that? Its not like we are booing them off the pitch or calling for Farke's head, just passing a comment on the game. what do you want fans to say after a 20 minute spell like that where we let their main striker score twice in 5 minutes when unmarked from crosses? Not mention it? That the boys played really well?

100% this. The "negative" posts were perfectly reasonable and any slight veiled criticism at Farke to be expected. You have to take the rough with the smooth and DF knows that, not that he gives a jot about what the knobs on here write.

We've had the forum police trying to censor posts before. It didn't work then and it won't work now and if anything will make matters worse as people start getting wound up.

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×