Sign in to follow this  
Rhino1

The moaners are back .........unbelievable !!!!!

No plan B , poor timing of substitutes, not good enough etc etc etc what a bunch of whinging knobs!!!! Get a grip!! Burnley have not been top 10 in this division, played in Europe for nothing - they know a trick or two!! They did us in the first 20 minutes bloody well, and then shut up shop . Well played Burnley. But we were not as poor as the knobs are making out. Young team , learning - get real!!!!!!!

• Like 12

It was always going to happen, instead of enjoying the Man City result and performance for what it was, people were believing for some reason that we were going to walk over any other established PL teams.

Totally agree rhino. We've rocketed here from virtually nowhere, spending millions less than we sold and all the time playing some of the best football I've ever seen us play. Of course we are going to hit a bit of a stumbling block now and again. We may even go down, although I hope and think we will have just enough.

there have been times when the club has underachieved and people can have a pop at things not being done well enough. This is absolutely not one of these times.

People have short memories. Even the 92/93 team has a few heavy defeats but we still came third playing lovely stuff. So this time we end up mid table playing lovely stuff (tongue firmly in cheek) but in a much changed Premier League financial environment. What's not to like?

Farke knows the flaws. Even he has said he would like £20m+ players but will work with the current team.

Who knows, by game 20 we may have our first eleven nailed with long term defensive injured players back, with Onel too and we start conceding lots less. 

6 games and 6 points. An average of a point a game gives us 38 points, and another season in the premiership. The comment ‘No plan B ‘particularly amused me. I believe he is one the most astute coaches to have worked at this club, and to suggest the he and his team have no plan B, is ludicrous, and if a journalist had written it, he would quite rightly be accused of lazy journalism. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Balance and perspective is what is required. Accept that we are new and inexperienced at this level, we’ll have good days and bad days while learning each week. We have an exceptional coach who is learning all the time too, Sean Dyche has been round the block several times but you can bet the next time we play them we will perform better. 

There is no need for knee jerk reactions. Judge the club and it’s staff on the last 26 months rather than the last 90 minutes. 

• Like 4

Just now, Gordon Bennett said:

Balance and perspective is what is required. Accept that we are new and inexperienced at this level, we’ll have good days and bad days while learning each week. We have an exceptional coach who is learning all the time too, Sean Dyche has been round the block several times but you can bet the next time we play them we will perform better. 

There is no need for knee jerk reactions. Judge the club and it’s staff on the last 26 months rather than the last 90 minutes. 

Knee jerk reactions aren't needed, neither is a post calling fans knobs for having opinions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry king canary to touch upon your sensitivities but when a **** is being a **** you have to call him out!!

• Like 4

I agree with Rhino. It's incredible that after such a great win against Man City, there's so much negativity after an away defeat against a tough Burnley side. We just some perspective and some balance: last week's win doesn't make us a top half side and losing to Burnley doesn't mean you're in crisis.

One thing I think is justified though is pointing out the lack of plan B. For those people who are saying that it isn't s valid criticism, my question is: what actually is plan B? I can't remember seeing one this season in any of our four defeats.

The good thing is it really is only one or two that are moaning, and I can’t ever remember a time in a message board era where 99.9% of supporters are fully supportive of what the club are trying to achieve, it’s quite refreshing. I would take the post I think you’re referring to with a pinch of salt, and not blow this out of proportion. Yes, Farke, who is blessed with fortune telling hindsight, should have made 3 substitutions at the 45min mark, moving Godfrey upfront, and turning Emi and Todd into bruising overlapping centre backs, but that’s what you get when we ain’t got no Plan B, I bet he won’t be having a cuppa and cake on his couch this afternoon the naughty boy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also there’s Plan B’s where you have a fully fit squad and can make some decisive changes on the 65/70min mark, but most people can see our options are understandably are very limited at this moment in time. That’s a realistic ‘Plan B’ should it be available to us. But the suggested Plan B I saw presented on another thread, it was so ludicrous, it’s no wonder it got ridiculed - would Pep, who also had the hindsight available to him as Making Plans, turn his Citeh side into a Pulis Stoke at halftime if he was losing? And would you expect his whole footballing ethos he’s installed at the club to change so dramatically as his ‘Plan B’ answer? Of course not, as clearly evidenced by last weekend - like Farke, he had total faith in his players and system, and more times than not it will work out by sticking to these principles as we’ve proven so many times before. 

2 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

No plan B , poor timing of substitutes, not good enough etc etc etc what a bunch of whinging knobs!!!! Get a grip!! Burnley have not been top 10 in this division, played in Europe for nothing - they know a trick or two!! They did us in the first 20 minutes bloody well, and then shut up shop . Well played Burnley. But we were not as poor as the knobs are making out. Young team , learning - get real!!!!!!!

Other than getting yourself a few cheap 'likes' and trying to cause an argument with some of your fellow city fans, what exactly is the purpose of your post?

Some have questioned the timing of the subs and if we need a plan B when things don't work - hardly moaning. Do you think Daniel won't question how the game evolved and what we could have done differently? One of the reasons he has been so successful with us is that he does exactly that, match on match, like any good manager.

33 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Sorry king canary to touch upon your sensitivities but when a **** is being a **** you have to call him out!!

Christ on a bike....I do hope our players don't have your mindset - when Daniel starts to go through the analysis of the game with the team, I can just imagine Teemu standing up and shouting"NUPPI!" at him.

OTBC

6 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:
2 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

Other than getting yourself a few cheap 'likes' and trying to cause an argument with some of your fellow city fans, what exactly is the purpose of your post?

Some have questioned the timing of the subs and if we need a plan B when things don't work - hardly moaning. Do you think Daniel won't question how the game evolved and what we could have done differently? One of the reasons he has been so successful with us is that he does exactly that, match on match, like any good manager.

51 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Christ on a bike....I do hope our players don't have your mindset - when Daniel starts to go through the analysis of the game with the team, I can just imagine Teemu standing up and shouting"NUPPI!" at him.

OTBC

Whilst I haven't resorted to calling fellow fans names DD, I can see where the OP is coming from, it is frustrating to see a lack of patience and reason from some posters and I guess Rhino just wanted to vent a little, if you were having this convo face to face in a pub say, you would use much more discretion with your language.

I am happy to move on in the confidence that DF will pick the bones out this at Colney and we move on. The hype surrounding last Saturdays victory wouldn't have escaped Sean Dyche, and he would have concentrated extra hard on finding a system to beat us, he did, they beat us, we will have dropped off the radar somewhat again.

Another nonsense post by this poster in an attempt to get likes on his posts.We were stunning against City and rightly take all the plaudits. This is a football message board and yesterday’s game cannot be discussed if the fact that we started the match awfully has be be ignored, for apparently it’s seen as whinging. Everything that’s been said on here after the match is justified, as that’s what happened on the pitch. People like you don’t want any discussion unless it’s head in the sand stuff. so we may as well only post on here after a victory to keep you happy eh? 

Edited by JF
  • Like 1

Everyone's entitled to an opinion of course, it's just that sometimes it seems that there's some perverse pleasure taken by some to list our faults ad infinitum.

• Like 2

A critique of each game is welcome and I think we know the posters we can rely on to give a level view.

Pity Ricardo can't get to away games as he just says what he saw.

Agree that some of the criticism is over the top, although largely I think it has been fairly balanced - when we lose, there will be things we can improve on and those are discussed. When we pull off a really impressive victory against Man City there probably won’t be much we can improve on so there’s nothing negative to discuss. That’s the way of football.

• Like 1

Really don’t give a damn about getting likes on my posts, I do give a damn about my football team, which is now one of the best teams I have ever witnessed at the road, and yet when we have a number done on us from a very savvy team, outlandish negative views appears, that does “grind my gears!” Also agree with those of you who say we are more supportive and united than I can remember - agreed, we just need to coach the uneducated!!! 

Have to say the vibe from the fans around me were really positive, no moaning at all.

Lots of noise after their goals and lots of love for Farke throughout.

There’s been no moaning on here either. Just people assessing the game they saw play out on the pitch. Questioning the point of an attacking substitution in the 91st minute when 2-0 down is hardly moaning. Neither is saying that for the first 20 or so minutes of the match we were like rabbits in the headlights, we were.

Edited by JF

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Please tell me what the 'Plan B' is then as I have never seen it! Also - while you're at it,  perhaps you could tell me why (at West Ham) Farke took 22 minutes to make substitutions (from the time of their second goal).

We quite often go with two up front when we are behind. We played Rhodes with Pukki several times last year in these circumstances (Millwall at home just one example). Drmic came on yesterday with Pukki.

We also go three at the back on occasion. Usually it's Arrons that makes way and agin we did this a number of times last year.

when we are winning we often bring on a third centre half to see out the game. We used Klose to do this a number of times last year.

Edited by Hairy Canary

1 hour ago, Daz Sparks said:

Whilst I haven't resorted to calling fellow fans names DD, I can see where the OP is coming from, it is frustrating to see a lack of patience and reason from some posters and I guess Rhino just wanted to vent a little, if you were having this convo face to face in a pub say, you would use much more discretion with your language.

I am happy to move on in the confidence that DF will pick the bones out this at Colney and we move on. The hype surrounding last Saturdays victory wouldn't have escaped Sean Dyche, and he would have concentrated extra hard on finding a system to beat us, he did, they beat us, we will have dropped off the radar somewhat again.

Thanks for your reply Daz.

I do my best to try and ignore threads like this because, imo, they simply annoy fellow fans while stroking the posters own fan ego - they serve no real purpose. I normally don't bite but today I couldn't resist.

I to believe Daniel will learn from this game, as well as the players. Burnley were always going to be a tough fight, but we did look like rabbits caught in headlights those first 20 minutes. You learn more from your mistakes/defeats then you do from your victories so I'm confident we'll see a response from the boys come Crystal Palace. 

Love your profile animation by the way, I often feel like that when reading some of the threads on here...

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

My wife has looked over my shoulder and told me to apologise for the aggressive language - not a good example to my kids!!! So I apologise for the aggressive language, and to anybody it may have offended!!!! But I don’t apologise for the underlying message let’s keep some perspective !! Coming out of the ground, yesterday many moronic moaners were active!!!! (Although I know it was fresh, and I apologise for calling you a moronic moaner)

• Like 1

If you are happy in thinking that Farke did everything possible, and utilised every option at his disposal, to try and win the game yesterday then that's fine.

Others, who are equally keen to see the club succeed, view our games from a different perspective and may have a alternative view.

I have no doubt that he is a great manager and probably the best we have ever had but that doesn't mean that he doesn't get it wrong sometimes.

We certainly need to learn that you can’t start slowly - DF said himself that the first 15 minutes cost us (pretty obvious given we were two down!).  All sides in this league know what they are doing otherwise they wouldn’t be there.

We can try to rely on just beating sides at home but it’s not really the best or most reliable tactic, we need to learn to be far more ‘stodgy’ and hard to beat on the road.

Just now, Rhino1 said:

My wife has looked over my shoulder and told me to apologise for the aggressive language - not a good example to my kids!!! So I apologise for the aggressive language, and to anybody it may have offended!!!! But I don’t apologise for the underlying message let’s keep some perspective !! Coming out of the ground, yesterday many moronic moaners were active!!!! (Although I know it was fresh, and I apologise for calling you a moronic moaner)

I understand where you're coming from Rhino, but maybe Mrs Rhino has a point.... sort of...

For the record though, I have 2 that sit behind me at home that still found reason to criticise last Saturday at home, not just once or twice either, I was dumbfounded. Anyways, Duncan Edwards ACN article is a good antidote for the ignorant and informed alike, as you say, perspective is what is needed.

• Like 1

I don’t think any balanced poster on here minds a few ‘questions’ or resents level headed criticism. I don’t at all, everyone’s entitled to this.

But every now and again, you do get some quite over the top absurd stuff, and of course, that will rankle with people who will defend the club they love, as in the case of the OP, and rightly so I reckon - it’s called loyalty. Nowt wrong with that - I don’t see the rule book that says those that criticise can’t be counter criticised themselves.

8 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

but that doesn't mean that he doesn't get it wrong sometimes.

Yeah, he’s a human being. So you need to accept that. Because never on Planet Earth has a human being got every single decision right. 

• Like 1

With the 4 games, Burnley, palace, villa and Bournemouth, I really did not expect us to do it at Burnley.

We knew we had to be at it against a physical team and tbh we did what we have done against teams of that strength.

Palace is the game where I can actually see the match up in players, style and formation where we hold an advantage.

Villa will be on us straight away and as always beat the teams that come up with you and you can help move yourself out of trouble. 

Bournemouth I would expect them to use the guile as Burnley have tbh.

So this easier stretch is not as easy as you may think.

For Burnley we had to be at the races and we will, as farke said, learn a great real from this result. At home we will be more prepared for them. Shame as if we had the physicality we could get points with the great style we have but it was a game I felt we would fall short in.

Palace was that away game that I felt we would get our first away win with. So hopefully we can move on quickly and get prepared for this 1 with a new energy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

If you are happy in thinking that Farke did everything possible, and utilised every option at his disposal, to try and win the game yesterday then that's fine.

Others, who are equally keen to see the club succeed, view our games from a different perspective and may have a alternative view.

I have no doubt that he is a great manager and probably the best we have ever had but that doesn't mean that he doesn't get it wrong sometimes.

At least you haven’t gone as far as you did last year at this time when you wanted Farke’s head.