Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Hunt for Ashton's replacement

According to Doncaster in today''s EDP supporters shouldn''t assume that work only starts now, he said "Work has been on-going for the last couple of months to identify suitable replacements and we have been talking to a number of clubs, anumber of agents, about players who are available and we hope to be able to make progress this week."

The club had stated in the press this week that they only decided to sell Ashton after an improved offer was accepted late on Saturday, so why were they looking for replacements  2 months ago. The more they keep saying on this issue the more they are digging theirselves into the S..t. Come clean you were always going to sell him.

Having said all this I still beleive it was a good bit of business on behalf of NCFC. The only thing is I dont trust Worthington to spend the money on the right players based on his past record.

I also think Ashton''s sale was on the cards........In the ''Canary'' that was shoved through my letterbox early on this week......reminding me, what one of the ''best supporters in the world'' I am/was - and could I: "Be bold, be brave, and send the club my £478.00 quid for renewall of my season ticket as soon as please?

Anyway, I perused through the pages of the ''Canary'' and, as hard as I scanned with my ''mince pies'' (bit of cockernee for Deano!) there was no written comment or photo''s of Dean or Green? A fraudulent slip? Or maybe the printers were informed by ''Madame Zsa Zsa'' the reputable Gypsy fortune teller, that it would be a waste of ink as they''ll be on their way! Noticed they''re both the first 2 ''Munffs'' in the Club Calendar - so therefore will be soon forgotten.........Coincedence?

Mello, ''forever the cynic!'' ;~) 

[quote user="Scooby"]

According to Doncaster in today''s EDP supporters shouldn''t assume that work only starts now, he said "Work has been on-going for the last couple of months to identify suitable replacements and we have been talking to a number of clubs, anumber of agents, about players who are available and we hope to be able to make progress this week."

The club had stated in the press this week that they only decided to sell Ashton after an improved offer was accepted late on Saturday, so why were they looking for replacements  2 months ago. The more they keep saying on this issue the more they are digging theirselves into the S..t. Come clean you were always going to sell him.

Having said all this I still beleive it was a good bit of business on behalf of NCFC. The only thing is I dont trust Worthington to spend the money on the right players based on his past record.

[/quote]

If the scouts are doing their jobs properly, we should be constantly on the lookout for new players - hoping to unearth a future star/premiership reserve player! If Doncaster had said that only now does the work start, I''d be more worried as that shows a lack of organisation! Deals for underperforming reserve players don''t just happen overnight, you know....