lappinitup

*****Official match thread v Burnley*****

Awful first twenty minutes that has probably cost us the game. Looked like rabbits in the headlights for long periods of that half. 

Just now, Nuff Said said:

I missed both the goals, but from what I have see,n we are fighting our way back slowly. Surely we know not to write off our chances till the final whistle?

1st was a near post corner - Mclean could have done better to stop the ball getting past him but it was a good cross to be fair.

2nd was woeful. Bad pass from Amadou gave them the ball, it went out wide and then Godfrey lost his man in the middle of the area for a straight forward unmarked finish.

OTBC

First 25 minutes were awful, then we gradually regrouped. We had our chances, Pukki missed 2 sitters, plus we hit the post. It could be 3-3. Let's hope we can come back into this like we did so many times last season! 

18 minutes ago, Carn said:

Back down to earth with a bump. Hope this isn't one of those seasons where we hopeless away from home regardless of who we play.

Unfortunately today we’re playing an experienced, quality (vs championship) side at their place , whose boss saw how Pellegrini sorted us out & are following suit. Leitner-based approach as plan B shows some flashes of improvement. 

Not great being here, not least because the acoustics in this stand are favouring their lot at the moment!

We live on in hope...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

WTF happened with Alex? He just seemed to stop & walk off the pitch.

I took it as a tactical switch but if it’s come from him, presumably it’s something DF was already aware of as he didn’t hang around

If you missed the goals  -

Norwich win goal kick. Play out from back. Burnley press. Burnley win the ball back 30 yards from the Norwich goal.

Burnley player whips in cross = chance to score.

From BBC

Miss Max Aarons pace going forward in games like this.

Byram trying to make something happen but just not good enough going forward and Pieters finding it easy. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Miss Max Aarons pace going forward in games like this.

Byram trying to make something happen but just not good enough going forward and Pieters finding it easy. 

Wasn't Aaron's playing when we caved in at West Ham?.

2 minutes ago, Mind the gap said:

Wasn't Aaron's playing when we caved in at West Ham?.

Not sure I really understand your point, I didn't say "if Max Aarons played we'd be guaranteed three points". 

Just that its clear Byram doesn't offer the same threat in the final third, do you disagree? 

We miss Trybull breaking up play even more. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I've just turned the sound off as I cannot take anymore of the Scottish co-commentator pointing out how bad we are and how brilliant Burnley are.

I'll turn it back on when we get to 2-2.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I've just turned the sound off as I cannot take anymore of the Scottish co-commentator pointing out how bad we are and how brilliant Burnley are.

Not wrong though is he. 

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Been driving me mad all game too. Burnley string 3 passes together 10m apart and he was saying how brilliant their passing was..

Who is he? Ex-Burnley?

Has anyone else got this Scottish tw*t co-commentator on their stream? It’s like a mixture of listening to Radio Burnley and a demonstration of how to state the bleeding obvious. Who is he?

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Has anyone else got this Scottish tw*t co-commentator on their stream? It’s like a mixture of listening to Radio Burnley and a demonstration of how to state the bleeding obvious. Who is he?

Snap BR!

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not sure I really understand your point, I didn't say "if Max Aarons played we'd be guaranteed three points". 

Just that its clear Byram doesn't offer the same threat in the final third, do you disagree? 

We miss Trybull breaking up play even more. 

It's very easy to say that someone not on the pitch would make a difference. Now you're saying Trybull would as well. He's had his critics this season. The fact is we get bullied out of these games all to easy. And we'll be playing more like Burnley than like Citeh.

Just now, Mind the gap said:

It's very easy to say that someone not on the pitch would make a difference. 

I said we miss Max Aarons going forward. You are more than welcome to disagree, but looks like a fair bit has broken down with Byram on that right side to me.

Not really sure what you want, leave me alone I'm watching a game. 

I have to agree with TVB. Byram just looks hesitant once he gets near the penalty box,  I don’t know whether it’s confidence, lack of instruction (although that seems unlikely) or what.

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Wow - Roberts gets TWO minutes!! Predictable again from Farke. 

We must have missed your tenure as England manager.

• Like 4

Byram is more defensive minded than Aarons. Aarons has looked wobbly defensively a few times this season, Byram less so in the chances he has had last couple of weeks. I imagine when both are fit, Aarons will likely be first choice unless we are against Man City, Spurs, Liverpool etc in which case Byram might be in with a shout.