Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Your most important next job Delia and Michael

Get permission from Stuart Webber and then appoint Webber’s deputy to work alongside him for at least 2 and 1/2 seasons. Webber will have no conflict of interest as he states abroad will be his next move. This time as well I suspect his wife will be leaving as well going by the quotes of it will be the right time for his son.

We could well be in an amazing position in 3 years time, but let’s have somebody that learns from the best. As this is the way football is going I suggest the list of candidates would be endless.

Two-and-a-half years is a long time for a talented, ambitious Webber prototype to wait. As a result, no decent candidates would want to do it.

If, in the summer of 2021, Webber is still here honouring his contract but planning to leave at the end of the season, then I'd certainly be in favour of your idea: finding the next Webber from a smaller club than us and letting him/her gain expertise from Webber and learn the club's ethos before taking over the top job.

At the end of this season we'll finish in the top 4, next season we'll win the Champions League, in Webbers final season we'll be crowned World Club Champions.

Stuart can go with our thanks. 

• Like 1

And brilliant though Webber has turned out to be, there’s no guarantee that the anointed replacement would turn out to be good. What happens if we decide they need to be replaced after two years being the under-study? Or if the Webbers decide that quality of life supersedes career?

I would fully expect the number top candidate to come from within the club, and the best candidate at the moment would be head of recruitment Kieran Scott.  

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I would fully expect the number top candidate to come from within the club, and the best candidate at the moment would be head of recruitment Kieran Scott.  

I would have thought this board is the obvious place to recruit from. There’s a number of posters who clearly know everything about football. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Whats the actual 'I'm leaving in 3 years' quote?

He says... "I have a contract for three years now and after that it'll probably be the end (of my time at Norwich)"

That's not verbatim but it's something along those lines.

1 minute ago, Ramrod said:

I understand 'Director of Football' is Daniel Farke's ambition. 

That's what he wanted to do before becoming a coach.

Hey, if he wants to do that after coaching I'm cool with it. As long as it's for us!

• Like 1

“...but from my side that's it sorted, I'll be here for three years, it doesn't matter what else comes up.

"Obviously things do come up and stuff has in the last couple of years and annoyingly you have to constantly deal with that, sometimes it gets in the media, sometimes it doesn't.

"I just wanted to have something that would give me the ability to say to people, 'I've got a contract, I need to respect it' and I will respect it.”

Wow, that’s quite a commitment on his part.

Whilst Webber and Farke are universally praised, and rightly so, one man goes about his business completely under the radar.

I'm talking about Delia's nephew Tom Smith. It seems no coincidence how things have improved since he joined the board.

Here's what he said when he joined.......

"Most of my experience is about helping people make decisions, often in tough circumstances with an awful lot at stake," he explained.
"For much of my career this was in military operations, but I have a diversity of experience in a variety of roles. The single strand that runs through all of that however is the ability to inform decision-making in challenging conditions.
"I hope the principles I’ve learned are going to now benefit Norwich City, and that I will be here for many years to come."

Who's to say it wasn't Tom who head hunted Webber in the first place? If he did, then I am confident he will be able to find a similar replacement in three years time.

I think our club is in good hands for years to come.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Are you deliberately trying to goad Big Vince and the rest Lappin? 🤣

Goading eejits is nearly as good a sport as footy. It is good clean fun and long may it continue.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Whilst Webber and Farke are universally praised, and rightly so, one man goes about his business completely under the radar.

I'm talking about Delia's nephew Tom Smith. It seems no coincidence how things have improved since he joined the board.

"Most of my experience is about helping people make decisions, often in tough circumstances with an awful lot at stake," he explained.
"For much of my career this was in military operations, but I have a diversity of experience in a variety of roles. The single strand that runs through all of that however is the ability to inform decision-making in challenging conditions.
"I hope the principles I’ve learned are going to now benefit Norwich City, and that I will be here for many years to come."

Who's to say it wasn't Tom who head hunted Webber in the first place? If he did, then I am confident he will be able to find a similar replacement in three years time.

I fear Tom may be head hunted!

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

At the end of this season we'll finish in the top 4, next season we'll win the Champions League, in Webbers final season we'll be crowned World Club Champions.

Stuart can go with our thanks. 

This is no joke proposition.

I am EXPECTING Delia to at least win the CL in order to make up for all the failures that she was responsible for before Webber, and especially before McNasty.

This is the only way she can eclipse Chase.

37 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I fear Tom may be head hunted!

You think another owner will adopt him as their nephew?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

You think another owner will adopt him as their nephew?

I fear his outstanding "nephew" credentials will make him a sought after commodity for needy aunts. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lappinitup said:

I thought it was pretty much an established fact that the boy Webber was recruited after Ballsup had a little chat with that Comolli fellow who was connected with "Tottingham" (Ardiles pronunciation).

I think the boy Tom can however claim credit for the Canary Bond scheme.

18 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

That's what he wanted to do before becoming a coach.

Hey, if he wants to do that after coaching I'm cool with it. As long as it's for us!

I understand DF has a business degree. 

• Like 1