Van wink

Lawro ( Berk )

After playing the champions in your own ground, with the whole place jumping, a trip to Turf Moor is going to take a bit of an adjustment, and it is going to be a completely different game.

The Clarets might not be great in terms of creativity but they give everything for their manager, Sean Dyche, and I can see them making life very difficult for the Canaries.

It's not all bad news for Norwich, though. I have gone for them to draw a blank - so that normally means Teemu Pukki will score.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

18 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

I might be wrong but I think he's predicted a loss for us for every game so far, including Newcastle at home. 

Yup, in his table we have played 5 and lost 5 with a GD of -7

I’m sure that’s right and I think he’s predicted zero goals for us also? Which is beginning to look spectacularly stupid.

at least a touch of self awareness is starting to creep in as he says “ this normally means Teemu Pukki will score”. Yes, well another way of putting it is that he said he thought Teemu would not get 10 goals this season and after 5 games he’s already got 6.

His comments about Burnley being a tough test are true, if hardly surprising.

Edited by It's Character Forming
Correcting auto-correct
  • Like 1

For all his punditry exposure (and wages) Mark Lawrenson seems to have a very superficial knowledge of the game, a fact probably backed up by his very brief and unsuccessful venture into actual team management.

The fact that he sees fit to expose this weakness on a weekly basis and in public doesn't concern me in the slightest.

I suspect his whole career in the media is a question of being based upon the "not what you know, but who you know" factor.

"A fool doing some stupid thing a second time is like a dog going back to its vomit"

Lawro's stupidity goes back to biblical times.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

He's so awfully bad at predictions that we should be delighted he consistently picks us to lose.

Correctomundo Hoggo, his predictions are as daft as Lakeyos. As usual with most guff that people spout, the truth lies somewhere in between.

Got to hand it to him, he has absolutely no idea about current football, never has an analytical opinion just an opinion and gets paid for pulling scores out of a hat. 

It's dinasours like him and Shearer and Ian Wright that need to go and be replaced by players who have recently left the game. 

Was always stunned that they didn't retire him when Hanson stopped talking nonsense 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Van wink said:

I thought they did get rid: and then his little face sort of popped up again!

Probably, guess that's how it works. 

We all pay for the berk aswell with our licence fee 🤦🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

I thought they did get rid: and then his little face sort of popped up again!

He's ex Liverpool, of course he's on the tele.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Abolish the licence fee and make people like this obsolete. 

Explain the connection between the licence fee and “people like this”?

8 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

When did he manage? (Who was... confident enough to unleash him in their first team)

Late eighties, had short spells at Oxford and Peterborough. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Explain the connection between the licence fee and “people like this”?

Overpaid football “experts” and the BBC go hand in hand

4 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Got to hand it to him, he has absolutely no idea about current football, never has an analytical opinion just an opinion and gets paid for pulling scores out of a hat. 

It's dinasours like him and Shearer and Ian Wright that need to go and be replaced by players who have recently left the game. 

Was always stunned that they didn't retire him when Hanson stopped talking nonsense 🤷‍♂️

Tbf, Wrighty and Shearer were very complementary of us last week on MOTD.

12 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Overpaid football “experts” and the BBC go hand in hand

Sky and BT don’t have “experts” who are paid at least as well then?

39 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Sky and BT don’t have “experts” who are paid at least as well then?

You can choose to have sky 

you basically have to pay your tv licence by law

This guy’s predictions are usually wrong. His record actually stinks despite his apparent football knowledge. But these predictions are just meant to be a bit of fun and we shouldn’t take them too seriously.

Longterm football stats suggest roughly 50% home win 25% draw 25% away win. Personally I think betting against us right now is pretty risky though. 

If anything this guys done us a favour. Hopefully our lads play well and prove him wrong.