Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Webber’s new contract official

Recommended Posts

Great news but surely the three years thing is dependent on where we are and how we are progressing? Let’s not forget in three years he will only be 38 and has many years to move abroad and work, his partner is at Norwich and they have a young child, so any offer from another club abroad would have to take his partner in an equal role that she has here. I wouldn’t rule out a much longer stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From his comments it seems to me very clear he’s committing to City for 3 years and then intending to move on. A very classy and confident approach which is typical of the man.

 

so the plan must be to get a successor in place to have a handover period and I wouldn’t be surprised if that man is Farke.

 

i would expect by then he’ll be looking to find one of the top clubs in the world is interested, Barcelona is the obvious candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone help me out please? 

Clearly the set up as a whole is working far better than anyone could have imagined 2 years ago but before I go saying that this is the greatest signing of the millennia I should understand how  duties are divided up and I should try and understand what it is we are over-performing at.

Did we see a farke tactical and motivational masterclass last week or was it all the natural product of a framework and culture nurtured by webber?

If one of the two had to go, who should it be? 

I'm currently learning towards farke having the touch of genius, albeit with an able and sensible webber happy to see him do things his way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TCCANARY said:

We have three years to clone him.

 

Say we manage that 18 months from now. We’ll then have an 18 month old Stuart Webber clone on our hands. He’s good, but he’s not that good. I like the long-term planning but...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Can someone help me out please? 

Clearly the set up as a whole is working far better than anyone could have imagined 2 years ago but before I go saying that this is the greatest signing of the millennia I should understand how  duties are divided up and I should try and understand what it is we are over-performing at.

Did we see a farke tactical and motivational masterclass last week or was it all the natural product of a framework and culture nurtured by webber?

If one of the two had to go, who should it be? 

I'm currently learning towards farke having the touch of genius, albeit with an able and sensible webber happy to see him do things his way.

Surely the point of our structure now is that it’s greater than the sum of its parts? The board set the general strategy (attractive football, the make stars not buy them philosophy and so on), the sporting director establishes the structure and staffing and the coach implements it with the first team. Take one element out and replace it sensibly (obviously that is the difficult bit!) and the direction continues relatively unaffected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Surely the point of our structure now is that it’s greater than the sum of its parts? The board set the general strategy (attractive football, the make stars not buy them philosophy and so on), the sporting director establishes the structure and staffing and the coach implements it with the first team. Take one element out and replace it sensibly (obviously that is the difficult bit!) and the direction continues relatively unaffected.

In which case the talk of the greatest signing of the summer, Barcelona or man utd is verging on the hyperbole.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes tremendous news, if it indeed turns out that we had 5 years of a SW / DF combo then we could look back and think what a golden era it was, considering where it started out at, the club in a pretty dire way.

Webber is certainly ambitious and maybe thats why hes signed for 3 more years, you cannnot get more ambitious than being at a self funding club which was on its knees, turn them around, manage to get promoted to the land of milk and money and then to survive there to. That is the next task of course, can we survive and become even established in the Prem?..with our self funding model?..maybe only Norwich City could do that. SW thrives on a challenge, he knows the jobs only half done. Clearly a guy that is not out for a relaxed easy life in a cushy job,  his drive to be challenged will be constantly answered here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 21/09/2019 at 09:18, It's Character Forming said:

From his comments it seems to me very clear he’s committing to City for 3 years and then intending to move on. A very classy and confident approach which is typical of the man.

 

so the plan must be to get a successor in place to have a handover period and I wouldn’t be surprised if that man is Farke.

 

i would expect by then he’ll be looking to find one of the top clubs in the world is interested, Barcelona is the obvious candidate.

According to The Guardian he has said this outright. That he will leave at the end of the 2021~22 season. May be The Guardian making an assumption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×