Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Webber’s new contract official

Thanks for everything so far, clearly you think you can take us even further forward.

New contract is until 2022, think that’s everyone signed up now.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

New contract is until 2022, think that’s everyone signed up now.

Just need to extend Tettey's contract by 2 years so he gets his Tetimonial. 

Love the way that the Club is handling business nowadays. Since last season ended it seems hat good news has been released every couple of weeks. It's like a drip feed of positivity. Good stuff.

I’m not sure how significant this really is. Webber is clearly an ambitious guy. Surely none of us will be surprised when he accepts an offer from a bigger club? And the fact he has one, two or three years left on his contract will mean very little to whoever it is that decides he’s the right man for the job given that they are going to be at least one rung above us on the food chain. Although I would put money on the fact  that they’ll be higher than that.

So what has this achieved for us? More compensation but not much else. It’s a nice and appropriate gesture (and I’m sure he’ll appreciate the extra cash) but not much more than that.

That’s not to say I don’t think he’s the best thing to happen to our club for many years.

His success has been in no small part down to the level of trust the board have placed in him. It is hard to imagine the likes of Man Utd affording someone like Stuart Webber so much freedom and control. For that reason, we may find that he stays here longer than some might expect. That and the hope that he continues to be so successful with us that we actually become one of the big clubs and can afford to keep hold of him. 

10 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m not sure how significant this really is. Webber is clearly an ambitious guy. Surely none of us will be surprised when he accepts an offer from a bigger club? And the fact he has one, two or three years left on his contract will mean very little to whoever it is that decides he’s the right man for the job given that they are going to be at least one rung above us on the food chain. Although I would put money on the fact  that they’ll be higher than that.

So what has this achieved for us? More compensation but not much else. It’s a nice and appropriate gesture (and I’m sure he’ll appreciate the extra cash) but not much more than that.

That’s not to say I don’t think he’s the best thing to happen to our club for many years.

I think that is probably true and if he continues doing what he is which of us would begrudge him that move when it comes, but hopefully the longer contract will mean that we will get a decent payment if he goes and that can be directed into hiring his replacement from somewhere else.

Webber clearly has an idea of who the club would move for in the coaching department if Farke went but I do wonder if the board have ever asked him to consider who should replace him if he were to be tempted away. I hope they do because he seems to me to be the best person to pick his successor or at least have a big say over it.

10 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I guess this is true as far as it is unlikely to deter any interested parties. However a new improved contract is about making sure he feels valued and happy at the club. The last thing we need is for him to be disgruntled and actively looking for the next challenge. 

Where could he go and have the same amount of power and influence? I'm not saying that there isn't anywhere, it is a genuine question.

The top clubs are used to instant results, often by buying top players for mega millions. Clubs like Manure are also answerable to their shareholders, so, even though they could probably do with getting in Webber, their structure and size (Management wise) might lessen and fight against the impact he could have.

Chelsea are following a similar path to us this season, but only because it has been forced on them and not because of a wholesale change in approach.

8 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Where could he go and have the same amount of power and influence? I'm not saying that there isn't anywhere, it is a genuine question.

The top clubs are used to instant results, often by buying top players for mega millions. Clubs like Manure are also answerable to their shareholders, so, even though they could probably do with getting in Webber, their structure and size (Management wise) might lessen and fight against the impact he could have.

Chelsea are following a similar path to us this season, but only because it has been forced on them and not because of a wholesale change in approach.

He has said wants to have a go abroad at some point and with his German connections it does seem the most likely destination. They do tend to take a more sensible approach to running their clubs as well so he would find fertile ground there I assume.

If a Man Utd type club did come calling he would face a lot more constraints but it is Man Utd, imagine being credited with restoring the glory days to them, and the sheer quality of player your could buy. That might be too tempting for anyone to turn down. 

Even if he leaves in three years time the model will still be in place. I assume we will stick with the self financing model for as long as it works. And another season in this division would boost that.

Seems like we have tied up everyone in place so what is not to be happy about.

2 hours ago, Jack Barak said:

Webber clearly has an idea of who the club would move for in the coaching department if Farke went but I do wonder if the board have ever asked him to consider who should replace him if he were to be tempted away. I hope they do because he seems to me to be the best person to pick his successor or at least have a big say over it.

I made this point on another thread and apparently he has said that a succession plan is always in place for him as well as everyone else. 

14 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

It means he has got everything he wished for and sees he can take this project further, otherwise his agent would have found him the next step.

Of course he will finish at a major club, all the more reason to enjoy and give him our support to take this club to its highest level so it can be sustained once that day comes.

He has already proved he is a man of his word and takes every challenge on, learning from any mistakes. We know nothing of what he has been promised, maybe he has even been promised the running of the club alongside Tom once Delia moves on unlikely but who knows.

Great news, would love himself and Farke here for many more years to come, but I see that he’s said he’s not looking to extend his stay here beyond the next 3 years sadly. I believe he’s quite unique, one of a kind, and pretty irreplaceable - we must cherish both his and Farke’s time here for sure.

33 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Great news, would love himself and Farke here for many more years to come, but I see that he’s said he’s not looking to extend his stay here beyond the next 3 years sadly. I believe he’s quite unique, one of a kind, and pretty irreplaceable - we must cherish both his and Farke’s time here for sure.

We have three years to clone him.

I see he has now said unless we sack him he will stay the 3 years and as I stated before he is a man of his word. He has unfortunately also advised it will be unlikely that he will stay beyond this.

Would love to see ‘ an apprentice ‘ or maybe that should be deputy appointed ASAP to work alongside him over the next 3 years. I would think there would be a huge list of candidates as a job like Webber’s will eventually be in place at most clubs.

Great news, what more can you say.

Genuine bloke and done a fantastic job for us, I'm sure he'll personally pick his successor and maybe have him in place for his last six months or so to ensure a seamless handover - he is that well organised.