KiwiScot

Points Target for Next 4 Games

Burnley and Palace will both be hard - big, physical sides, with vocal support. Would be happy with a point against either. Villa is winnable but will be equally tough. Bournemouth I can see being really high-scoring and could go either way. I'd take 5 points if offered them now.

5 would be a good return in my opinion - 6 would be great. 

Despite the heroics of last Saturday, our squad is paper-thin.  Zimmermann, Klose, Hernandez are all out for a minimum of 3 months; Aarons & Trybull for a month.  Hopefully we have Vrancic, Leitner and Roberts back this week.  The last thing we need is another injury or a suspension from those 4 games.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Woodman said:

5 would be a good return in my opinion - 6 would be great. 

Despite the heroics of last Saturday, our squad is paper-thin.  Zimmermann, Klose, Hernandez are all out for a minimum of 3 months; Aarons & Trybull for a month.  Hopefully we have Vrancic, Leitner and Roberts back this week.  The last thing we need is another injury or a suspension from those 4 games.

Roberts isnt injured as far as I am aware, he was only absent on Saturday cos he is a Man City player.

• Like 1

Yes, there are so many positions where we have no cover right now so that's got to be a huge concern, but if the starting 11 can continue to perform....

Realistically we are capable of winning all 4 of these games and the players will go in knowing that, but equally any Prem team will have some decent players and can turn us over, like West Ham, if we're off our game.

My personal target is 6 points, I'd feel ok with 5 points i.e. 1 defeat, 4 points TBH would be a little disappointing right now and anything over 6 is excellent.

• Like 1

Target or forecast?

Farke will target 12 points, the pundits will forecast many less.

We'll need half a season under our belts (rather than just 5 games with mixed fortunes) before I will feel comfortable in totting up the collection of prospective points.

Apart from the 'never under-estimate your opponents rule'there will also be the 'anti-climax' factor, that football always seems to throw up, to be taken into account. Achievements in the game are rarely accomplished in a straight line.

Both these will apply to the Burnley game of course, particularly the latter, imo.

Also, they are no mugs, have good spirit and a canny manager. They are on home turf. They must be favourites, but by the same token Norwich cannot be ruled out and we've (unusually) yet to get a draw as well.

Fink tank: 

Home win: 55%

Draw: 25%

Away win: 20%

We'll have more idea about the following three games once this match is done.

However, "Oi'll give it five" because I am a Canary supporter who likes to dream on.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Roberts is an interesting aspect. If he doesn’t seize his opportunity in these next few games, I doubt we’ll see much of him. Which would have seemed like a waste before the season started.

7 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Not true. They played 63 games (still a lot, admittedly) and finished eighth that season. The season after they finished ninth, which is very good for a club of Fulham's stature, and didn't get relegated until four years after the Europa League run. It's safe to say the Europa League had no effect on domestic form and it gave the club memories they'll cherish for years to come, such as walloping Juventus 4-1 at Craven Cottage.

So apart from that, what did I get wrong 😂

• Like 1

7 points for me would keep a buoyancy about our season.

5 points would be ‘expected’.

Anything less and I’ll feel we lack consistency. 

More than 7 points and I’ll start drinking the crazy-aid with the flavor of a top five finish.

All of these games are difficult but all can be won with the right tactics and the right performances. 

If would be especially good if we can deny home wins to the opposition in our away fixtures.

Bournemouth create a lot of chances Burnley play well out of possession and are very good at converting opportunities Villa have improved significantly and were unlucky away to Spurs and Palace seem to blow hot and cold however at home and with their fanatical support they can do something special on their day.

All of them will want to beat the team that beat city.

It’s too difficult to predict the results but 4  good performances and I’ll be happy watching.

My heart is willing us to get 7 points (draw, win, win, loss). I would take 2 wins though from this set of fixtures. If we manage that, we should be still sitting around mid table. And as long as we have more points on the board than games played I will be very happy at this stage of the season (6 points giving us 12 pts from 10 games).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

My heart is willing us to get 7 points (draw, win, win, loss). I would take 2 wins though from this set of fixtures. If we manage that, we should be still sitting around mid table. And as long as we have more points on the board than games played I will be very happy at this stage of the season (6 points giving us 12 pts from 10 games).

Much the way I see it.

Take each game as it comes as the cliche goes. A point or more against Burnley and we can go into the Palace with every chance of getting more. We must start to get some points away from home but it will be very difficult unless that new found solidity we found against Man City continues. No point raising unrealistic expectations especially with all our defensive  injuries. Shame we now have 2 away games, could have done with the likes of Burnley and Palace at home to build some sort of run.

Following the Burnley game 3 points from the next three games will be an acceptable return. Beat Villa at home but defeats I’m afraid  at Palace and AFC Bournemouth.